PDA

View Full Version : Oxymora

10thzodiac
12-13-06, 08:00 PM
Isn't it strange that the largest Jewish community outside of Israel in the Middle East is Iran ? Boasting a Jewish population of 27,000 whose children at school swear allegiance every morning to the Islamic State of Iran, whose President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vows to wipe the state of Israel off the map.

The Jews worship freely in Iran and business is as usual. When Jews are asked about the contradiction, the reply is, "It's just Politics."

WTF, and here we are, being all whipped up to hate Iranians, that they are going to slaughter all the poor Jews. ~ Go figure

SuNmAN
12-13-06, 09:34 PM
Isn't it strange that the largest Jewish community outside of Israel in the Middle East is Iran ? Boasting a Jewish population of 27,000 whose children at school swear allegiance every morning to the Islamic State of Iran, whose President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vows to wipe the state of Israel off the map.

The Jews worship freely in Iran and business is as usual. When Jews are asked about the contradiction, the reply is, "It's just Politics."

WTF, and here we are, being all whipped up to hate Iranians, that they are going to slaughter all the poor Jews. ~ Go figure

I'm willing to bet $20 that there are more than 27,000 Jews in the United States.

10thzodiac
12-13-06, 10:06 PM
I'm willing to bet $20 that there are more than 27,000 Jews in the United States.

Sonny, I said, "in the Middle East !" Not the world. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

Originally Posted by 10thzodiac

SuNmAN
12-13-06, 10:11 PM
Sonny, I said, "in the Middle East !" Not the world. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

Originally Posted by 10thzodiac

oops misread

my fault

ivalis
12-14-06, 05:32 AM
Indonesia has the highest number of muslims.

India is second.

Thought that was a bit ironic too.

rktect3j
12-14-06, 10:25 AM
Who cares and what does this have to do with anything that common sense wont erase? 27,000 jews in Iran? Big deal. How many muslims in Iran? Now what is the percentage diff? Now, again, who cares. There were still small numbers of jews living nazi germany.

10thzodiac
12-14-06, 11:57 AM
Who cares and what does this have to do with anything that common sense wont erase? 27,000 jews in Iran? Big deal. How many muslims in Iran? Now what is the percentage diff? Now, again, who cares. There were still small numbers of jews living nazi germany.

Yeah rktect3j, 27,000 Jews in Iran whose children everyday are swearing allegiance to the Islamic State of Iran at school maybe isn't that big of a deal to some people's "small" thinking.

After all, Jesus and his twelve apostles were only a baker's dozen http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

Thanks for the bump

rktect3j
12-14-06, 01:29 PM
Yeah rktect3j, 27,000 Jews in Iran whose children everyday are swearing allegiance to the Islamic State of Iran at school maybe isn't that big of a deal to some people's "small" thinking.

After all, Jesus and his twelve apostles were only a baker's dozen http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

Thanks for the bump

What should I infer from this? That these 27,000 jews are starting a new religion in Iran? That 27,000 jews can't be wrong why can't we all just get along? It just tastes like chicken to me?

Whatever it is you want me to read between the lines I can tell you this. They are second class citizens in that country at best. Just because you are not able to extracate yourself from a situation does not make it a good situation.

Millions of children today believe in santa claus. Next year many of those will not.

garryh123
12-14-06, 01:41 PM
Don't forget---The iranian Jews have to wear badges......Nazi germany anyone?!

rktect3j
12-14-06, 01:46 PM
http://www.iranian.com/Opinion/2003/March/Jews/

10thzodiac
12-14-06, 08:29 PM
http://www.iranian.com/Opinion/2003/March/Jews/

I see you are good at googling; good URL.

I was going by the evening news the other day for this thread.

In my heart of hearts, I knew it wasn't all that good being a Jew in Iran, just can't figure why only half left Iran, not all of them.

I'm just wondering (not saying), maybe they're a bunch of shrewed draft dodgers, after all if they went back to Israel they'd have to do a stint in the IDF, Hmmm...that could be dangerous !

I'm sure the *Artesh doesn't want them !

SF
10thz

*Persian Army

rktect3j
12-15-06, 08:57 AM
I would think it boils down to human nature. We fear change. It never is so bad we have to move until it really is so bad WE HAVE TO MOVE ON. Similar to having a job you don't like. Small things add up. Add up and add up. Until we finally make the move. It takes a lot to get us to move on right?

Just a theory.

10thzodiac
12-15-06, 07:00 PM
I would think it boils down to human nature. We fear change. It never is so bad we have to move until it really is so bad WE HAVE TO MOVE ON. Similar to having a job you don't like. Small things add up. Add up and add up. Until we finally make the move. It takes a lot to get us to move on right?

Just a theory.

Joe, I found 'moving on' is easier by burning bridges behind you.

The key is, "being prepared"

Life is full of disappointments, embrace them and then move on !

SF
10thz