YLDNDN6
12-13-06, 12:29 PM
close...plt 3039, kilo company, mcrdsd, graduated july of 83

shifubeast
12-13-06, 01:32 PM
ya we were there at the same time

YLDNDN6
12-14-06, 05:58 AM
do you remember seeing that one drill instructor who was about 6ft 4in and looked like he may have been a pacific islander of some sort? he wasn't in my series, but he always scared the crap out of me. the man was huge! my sdi was ssgt ehlers and the others were sgts smith, runner, and one i can't remember right off hand. we called him sgt rock.

shifubeast
12-14-06, 01:29 PM
do you remember seeing that one drill instructor who was about 6ft 4in and looked like he may have been a pacific islander of some sort? he wasn't in my series, but he always scared the crap out of me. the man was huge! my sdi was ssgt ehlers and the others were sgts smith, runner, and one i can't remember right off hand. we called him sgt rock.

not sure it's been over 20 years since i went thru boot camp but ehlers does sound a little familiar. it's strange how i can remember things from my childhood but some things from boot camp i can't seem to.

YLDNDN6
12-15-06, 05:44 AM
yeah, me too. though i did finally remember the other di's name...sgt summers. it was sgt runner that we called sgt rock. sgt summers was all muscle, but really skinny at the same time. he used to pick on me because i was the only one in the plt with smaller arms than him. after grad, he pulled me aside and explained that he only did that to motivate me. i think by grad day, mine were bigger...i went from 137lbs to 163lbs in boot. amazing what getting fed will do for ya, huh?