PDA

View Full Version : Mos??

bigfoot1188
12-13-06, 10:47 AM
alright so I was talking to my recruiter about college after the corps and I abou tmaybe changing my MOS to 0300. After awhile we got into the topic of try and pick a job that will benefit you after the corps, because 0300 is fun and all but what will it give me after the corps? So im kind of looking at Marine Corps Photography?

Does anyone know anythign about that. I mean i read up on it alittle..and I would still be around the action. Although i wa shoping some on here migth have some experience or advice with this MOS. Any info would be much appreciated.

USMCVet1992
12-13-06, 12:36 PM
Go back and refer to the rules for posting here, then ask again... Your post is really hard to read and your English teacher would s**t, not to mention there are things that you are gonna get jumped on for in here in your post.

Covey_Rider
12-13-06, 12:53 PM
USMCVet is correct, you need to review the rules for posting in the forums. But I will give you some information regarding your question. In order to become a "Combat Correspondant," not a Marine Corps Photographer...you would choose the MOS of Public Affairs, and then based on your performance in your school, you may get to be a combat correspondant. Just google the MOS that you want and you'll find out plenty. If you can't find out the information that you want online let me know and I'll put you in contact with some Marines that actually do it for a living. What do you plan on doing after the Marine Corps anyway??? Because in all reality that alone will decide what MOS you choose. If you wanted to become a police officer or something along the lines of law enforcement, then infantry would be perfect. The downside to all of this is, is that you're already talking about getting out of the Marine Corps before you've gotten in.

Messenger
12-13-06, 12:59 PM
"FUN" roflmao !

USMCVet1992
12-13-06, 01:35 PM
Dont join the Corps because you want to be a cop later in life, join the Corps because you want to be a Marine! If you are joining for an education, or career training, try the Air Force....I agree with Messenger.....

MotivatorOfTheGuard
12-13-06, 02:53 PM
If you think that being a grunt is fun, talk to an old salty SSgt, or Gunny who was a grunt, and ask them just how much of it was classified as fun. Grunts get a lot of good training, and are some of the hardest S.O.B.'s i've ever met and my respect for them is paramount, but hell, i would never want to do what they do for "fun". The do the things that nobody else wants to do, they make sacrifices far beyond others, and they do it willingly and effeciently. I would categorize their job as necessary, and honorable, but i personally wouldnt fathom it to be fun. But it depends upon the individual. Some Marines might agree with what i said, others might think the opposite and thats ok, what you need to do is figure exactly what you want out of the Corps. and remember, if you want the Corps to be worth your while, you have to be worth the Corps while. Meaning, whatever you do, do it for the right reasons, and give 110% 100% of the time. Semper Fi

:usmc: