PDA

View Full Version : Kerry to meet soldiers, leaders in Iraq

thedrifter
12-13-06, 08:26 AM
Kerry to meet soldiers, leaders in Iraq

By ANDREW MIGA, Associated Press Writer
Wed Dec 13, 2:22 AM ET

Sen. John Kerry, whose botched joke about U.S. troops in Iraq dealt a blow to his presidential ambitions, will travel to Iraq this weekend to meet with soldiers, political leaders and military officials.

"I've talked to plenty of guys who've come back from Iraq, who are there now, who understand exactly what happened," Kerry said of his joke in a telephone interview Tuesday with The Associated Press. "They laugh at it."

The Iraq stop will be part of a nine-day Mideast trip that includes stops in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Israel.

A week before the midterm elections, Kerry told a group of California students that individuals who don't study hard and do their homework would likely "get stuck in Iraq." He said he meant to say "get us stuck in Iraq," but the botched joke intended to criticize President Bush forced the senator to apologize and then lay low for the remaining days of the campaign.

The Massachusetts senator, who was widely criticized for the quip, said he'd be happy to apologize to any soldiers he encounters in Iraq who don't understand what happened.

"For anybody who misunderstood (the joke) or got only the White House presentation of it, I'd apologize, obviously," he said.

Kerry will spend the latter part of his trip with a potential presidential rival and fellow member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Christopher Dodd of Connecticut. Sen. John McCain (news, bio, voting record) of Arizona, considered the Republican front-runner in the 2008 race, also plans a trip to Iraq.

Is he going to shoot himself in the ass this time? ;)

Ellie

OLE SARG
12-13-06, 09:07 AM
The ****ing ******* better make sure he wears a good bullet-proof vest!!!!!!!!!
Some things never change, kerry is a lying, phoney, MF!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

ErikHeiker
12-13-06, 10:26 AM
I'm glad the dirtbag traitor is steering clear of Afghanistan because if I saw him here I'd have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. And since I only have about 140 days til I retire, I really do need to keep my mouth shut.

mrbsox
12-13-06, 11:51 AM
The ****ing ******* better make sure he wears a good bullet-proof vest!!!!!!!!!
Some things never change, kerry is a lying, phoney, MF!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Sorry to disagree....

I'd prefer he wear one of the faulty ones.
Then demonstrate some EOD techeniques he learned in 'Nam.

drumcorpssnare
12-13-06, 12:36 PM
We can only hope and pray that "Horseface" Kerry will hail a cab, while he's over there. And that the cabbie will be en route to a suicide bombing mission.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-13-06, 04:02 PM
I'd love to know the individuals who he's spoken with who think what he said really was a joke....(who were in fact in Iraq). Funny how no one I know who was there, and damn few active duty folks I know, took it that way.

Hopefully, the troops will express their displeasure with him in an honorable and respectful way; simply refusing to show up, be photographed with him, not shake his hand or acknowledge him in any way. Of course, they can always be ordered to appear, but they don't have to be happy with it, and can show it.

Which reminds me, I was stationed at HQMC during 'boy' Clinton's administration; we were literally having to ORDER troops to attend any of his 'outings' in the DC area where he wanted military folks. No one would volunteer. We ended up with a running 'duty' list in our shop that rotated this onerous chore.

Interestingly, that list went away when "W" was elected....then we had to turn people away. Gee, I wonder why that was?

Zulu 36
12-13-06, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't be able to meet Kerry and not get arrested by the end. I was in Vietnam while he and the VVAW's ChiCom money conduit, Hanoi Jane, were peddling their traitorous speech.

Kerry has nothing to say that I want to hear except, "I am guilty of treason to the People of the United States of America." Since he'll never say it, he has nothing I want to hear.

thedrifter
12-13-06, 06:25 PM
Is John Kerry Going to Iraq?
Posted By Blackfive

Wow. This is a bad idea.

Is he going there to lower the average IQ?

Anyway, HotAir has Sean Hannity's interviews with a random crowd of troops after Donald Rumsfeld's "adios muchachos!" townhall meeting in Mosul. Some of the brightest guys on the planet are fighting and winning every day...and we're going to send them John Freakin' Kerry?

Ellie

greensideout
12-13-06, 08:37 PM
Kerry in Iraq trying to cover his dumb a$$ remark-----

Grovel---Grovel---"What I meant to say was that I thought you were stupid before I thought you were smart."

clemdog
12-13-06, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't be able to meet Kerry and not get arrested by the end. I was in Vietnam while he and the VVAW's ChiCom money conduit, Hanoi Jane, were peddling their traitorous speech.

Kerry has nothing to say that I want to hear except, "I am guilty of treason to the People of the United States of America." Since he'll never say it, he has nothing I want to hear.

:thumbup: Same, same!

jinelson
12-13-06, 09:26 PM
He is as big a hero to the insurgents as he was to the North Vietnamese. I sure hope that fragging doesent come back into vogue while he is there.

Jim

kato811
12-15-06, 04:39 PM
Nice to see our congressmen seeing whats going on over there. More of them should go to iraq.

yellowwing
12-15-06, 04:59 PM
Oh for sure he'll come up with another classic blunder. Even when he explained that last goof, he still sounded elitist. He has done so much for the Republicans, I can't believe folks wish bad things for him. :thumbdown

ggyoung
12-15-06, 07:06 PM
:mad: :D kato811===============You are right about that. Mabe most of them "jackass's", ( demo-homeos) could get lost in a minefield. There is demo from Utah who is a good guy. Congersmen MaThitson. He surports the war and the troops. He has a better voting record than most repubs do. He is al for gun rights.

OLE SARG
12-20-06, 09:01 AM
Hope they give the dumbass a defective bulletproof vest!!!!! OR MAYBE, he might fall out of a helicopter, OR MAYBE, he might get to meet a sniper, OR MAYBE, he'll find some elephant grass and get ANOTHER Purple Heart, etc.
All I can say is the people of Mass must be idiots to keep putting piece of **** kerry back in office every term. He ain't done ****, he ain't gonna do ****, and he ain't got the sense to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Osotogary
12-20-06, 09:12 AM
All I can say is the people of Mass must be idiots to keep putting piece of **** kerry back in office every term. He ain't done ****, he ain't gonna do ****, and he ain't got the sense to do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would imagine then that you won't be sending Kerry any of that World Famous Kansas City BBQ this year. LOL

OLE SARG
12-20-06, 09:15 AM
Gary, you sure are a great mind-reader!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Dave Coup
12-20-06, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, picture this. Ole John sitting in front of a Terrorist with a sword begging for his traitorous life. Gives me the warm and fuzzies.

SF

Dave

MP5811
12-20-06, 10:19 AM
We can only hope he gets taken hostage while he is there. But then again if he does get taken hostage The hostage takers will give him back quickly once they find out how stupid he is. I would be ashamed to say that I was an american with him as President.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-20-06, 12:41 PM
I feel my IQ dropping everytime he's on the idiot box. If I don't change the channel fast enough, I actually forget how due to massive waves of stupidity rolling out of his person.

The1stSgt
12-20-06, 12:43 PM
Who in their right military mind would want to talk to that guy. He epitomizes the title "Sh!t Bird" and is an embarrassment to the American Armed Forces.

Don't you wish political correctness and military courtesy were suspended for one hour when he visits "the boys" on the front. He'd get some "feedback" that would send him crying home to momma.