PDA

View Full Version : Cert. of Citizenship questions

mrbsox
12-12-06, 05:02 AM
Miguel is a Mexican national that works in our office (engineer), and recently (October) got his UNITED STATES citizenship :thumbup: after a couple years of working for it. He is really proud of it, and often asked me about issues regarding customs and history of the U.S.

I welcome him to America.

For Christmas, I want to frame his CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP.

A few questions for any of you that have one;

Need to know what SIZE the certificate is. 8.5" x 11" ??
Landscape ??? right ??

Is it something you WOULD frame and display, or does it NEED to be secure and available ??
In that case, a frame would be a bad move.

Thanks for intell. Time is closing in for our Office Christmas party (15th).

Terry

booksbenji
12-12-06, 01:54 PM
just go to the $ store by a 8"x 11" frame and not worry!!!:evilgrin:

mrbsox
12-12-06, 06:47 PM
Finally found out; 8" x 10", landscape.

Wanted to have mat cut for certificate, 5x7 flag matted in above, and then have room for everyone in the office to sign a 'Welcome to America' message around the perimeter.

Have run out of time before office party Friday. Seems no body in town (that I have found) does 'matting' in house, they send it out. Custom frame shops are too backed up to get it done in time also.

Guess 'Santa' will just have to wait a few more days.

greensideout
12-12-06, 07:12 PM
Go to the hobby shop and buy a cheap mat cutter, the mat and the frame. It's easy to do, I have done many. Good luck on your gift, it's a neat idea!

10thzodiac
12-12-06, 07:38 PM
Miguel is a Mexican national that works in our office (engineer), and recently (October) got his UNITED STATES citizenship :thumbup: after a couple years of working for it. He is really proud of it, and often asked me about issues regarding customs and history of the U.S.

I welcome him to America.

For Christmas, I want to frame his CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP.

A few questions for any of you that have one;

Need to know what SIZE the certificate is. 8.5" x 11" ??
Landscape ??? right ??

Is it something you WOULD frame and display, or does it NEED to be secure and available ??
In that case, a frame would be a bad move.

Thanks for intell. Time is closing in for our Office Christmas party (15th).

Terry

I keep my wifes in a #700 fire proof safe, it is against the law to make copies . I could only imagine the problems he would have proving he is an American citizen without it, or the bureaucracy he'd have to navigate trying to replace it http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/34.gif

The picture requirements for the certificate are exacting, and must include one ear clearly shown (ear fingerprint ?).

Be safe, buy him a #700 safe http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

SF
10th

Zulu 36
12-12-06, 07:50 PM
I keep my wifes in a #700 fire proof safe,...

10th and I rarely agree on anything, but this is one of those rare times. He should keep his certificate in a fire safe or at least a safety deposit box as my ex-wife does with hers.

He should always keep his old alien number handy along with his naturalization certificate number. In case of loss, those numbers will help verify his status toward replacement of the certificate. My ex never had to replace hers, but I have friends in ICE and the procedure is a pain to get replacements.

mrbsox
12-13-06, 04:50 AM
Sgt. Zulu, Cpl. 10th;

That was my biggest concern, that the certificate would not be SAFE enough, for his peace of mind. The last thing I wanted to do was give something that he would be uncomfortable with.

Hmmm... mabe a model car.
Boys Do like Toys !! :banana: