PDA

View Full Version : Tough PT builds character I guess..

Soon2BeVIP
12-11-06, 06:57 PM
My mom found out someone smoked a butt in our car today so she's making me smoke an entire pack by myself. So nonstop on friday night I'm going through 20...guessing that'll take around two or so hours. Knowing that a nicotine buzz does happen...won't 20 make me pass out lol. Just to top off this momentous occasion, what coincidentally does my recruiter want me to do. Right before this happened I was at the office and he told me on Saturday he wants me to come running with him and to be at the office at 9. Hahaha this is going to suck. Guess I'll learn my lesson though. I'm killing my friend Caleb tomorrow though. Wish me luck or comment me letting me know how much of a dumb s**t I am. I know it's true..

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-06, 07:07 PM
I really don't think your mom is too bright. Someone smoked in the car, she is going to make you smoke... knowing that it is one of the most addictive drugs known to man. I guess that means she wants to make sure that next time its you?

Whatever, just don't stress it. Puf and blow, no need to inhale that crap. You can get through it quicker than two hours and then get on with life. Have a good run Saturday.

ianmusto
12-11-06, 08:51 PM
Thats pretty much a bad idea all around, what was it the first time you'v smoked, if you smoke a whole pack you could end up with nicotine poisoning

jackson07
12-11-06, 09:22 PM
Stupid punishment.. bad choice letting someone smoke in the family car. Oh well... just roll with the punches.

PerXes
12-11-06, 11:31 PM
Be careful with what you tell people about your personal life. These days, someone's going to see this and call social services.

Kildars
12-12-06, 02:13 AM
Scew that ****, I'd tell my mom to smoke the damn pack herself. No way am I going to kill myself for gratification. That's just me though.

:thumbdown

STA0311
12-12-06, 08:37 AM
Be careful with what you tell people about your personal life. These days, someone's going to see this and call social services.

FIA could care less about this...the kid is 17. Technically a legal adult.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-12-06, 11:28 AM
17 isn't an adult- although the social services people wouldn't get excited about anything.

Regardless, it would be considered a crime if she supplied the cigarettes, as it is illegal to provide them to anyone under 18.

SamJohnston
12-12-06, 02:15 PM
Actually, if the minor in question is your own child then it is legal for you to supply them with tobacco. Thats how it is in Massachusetts anyways.

Bullrider
12-12-06, 03:01 PM
Seeing that you have never smoked before, you are going to be sick. Not just your typical mundane grogginess(please excuse my gramatcial errors) your going to be puking phlem, not coughing it. And your lungs are going to hurt like some big guy named bubba just stomped your chest.

Sorry for the ordeal, the best thing I can say is let them burn themselves out and dont take many drags.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-12-06, 03:19 PM
The original post came from a young man in New Hampshire. Title X Chapter 126-K:4 I forbids anyone from supplying a minor with tobacco. In Title X Chapter 126 K:1 defines a minor as any person under 18. So, it would be a crime to supply a 17 year old with cigarettes, even if it was your child. I wouldn't have said that it was illegal if it wasn't.

The fact that a parent can supply a minor child with tobacco in Massachusetts is not something that is nationwide. In fact, I don't know if any other states follow Massachusetts' lead on the issue.

SamJohnston
12-12-06, 06:20 PM
The original post came from a young man in New Hampshire. Title X Chapter 126-K:4 I forbids anyone from supplying a minor with tobacco. In Title X Chapter 126 K:1 defines a minor as any person under 18. So, it would be a crime to supply a 17 year old with cigarettes, even if it was your child. I wouldn't have said that it was illegal if it wasn't.

The fact that a parent can supply a minor child with tobacco in Massachusetts is not something that is nationwide. In fact, I don't know if any other states follow Massachusetts' lead on the issue.Good Point, I guess I should have looked at his profile before I posted. Sorry.

Soon2BeVIP
12-12-06, 08:51 PM
Seeing that you have never smoked before, you are going to be sick. Not just your typical mundane grogginess(please excuse my gramatcial errors) your going to be puking phlem, not coughing it. And your lungs are going to hurt like some big guy named bubba just stomped your chest.

Sorry for the ordeal, the best thing I can say is let them burn themselves out and dont take many drags.
Alright....maybe I was being misleading. I have smoked before, but since I enlisted Sept 1 I cut it down drastically to rarely having any. On a good day I'll have 2. On a bad day I'll have up to 6. My recruiter was always mad, but was cool about it because it was only 1 and a half packs a week. But I really have been good lately so it sucks.

BR34
12-12-06, 09:00 PM
So, it was your cig. afterall?

Soon2BeVIP
12-12-06, 09:05 PM
So, it was your cig. afterall?
Nah it was my friend Caleb, but somehow it turned into a convorsation about whether I ever have had one and her saying she knows I occasionally do. So I finally was just like I'm not going to deny it I occasionally have one if my friend has a menthol. Then she was like well whatever, but you're going to learn to not let people smoke in the car. Which I understand, but she lets her friend that lives with us for the time being smoke in the car all the time. Then she has me drive her friend to the store and lets her smoke with me driving so.

Bullrider
12-12-06, 11:33 PM
Alright....maybe I was being misleading. I have smoked before, but since I enlisted Sept 1 I cut it down drastically to rarely having any. On a good day I'll have 2. On a bad day I'll have up to 6. My recruiter was always mad, but was cool about it because it was only 1 and a half packs a week. But I really have been good lately so it sucks.

Oh my bad, anyhow chew is so much easier to hide. Just a thought

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-12-06, 11:55 PM
And if you chew in the field you don't give away your position. And I never saw anyone get beat down for chewing while they're on a hump.

Soon2BeVIP
12-13-06, 04:22 PM
Ehh ya, I'll try it. My whole RSS does, so I might as well check it out. I've dipped before, but I was 14 and swallowed it and threw up.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-13-06, 04:36 PM
Better to not use tobacco at all. You will have to quit in boot camp anyway.

USMCVet1992
12-13-06, 04:40 PM
You need to talk to your mother and find an alternative punishment. Nicotine, as stated before, is highly addictive not to mention all of the other chemicals and garbage she will be pumping into your system. I fully agree that there needs to be some form of punishment as you disrespected her rules, but forcing you to smoke 20 of those things is not punishment, it is stupid.

LeonardLawrence
12-13-06, 07:11 PM
Definitely agree this is a bad idea.:thumbdown

Apologize and clean the car...good idea. I would definitely try to volunteer this one. :thumbup:

I would check out the governments thoughts on nicotine posioning, maybe print it out for her. Ask her politely to be there, breathing in the smoke with the phone to call the poison control center:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002510.htm

If that fails.....I would definitely get throat cancer and call her everyday to remind her.... .

Good Luck:tank:

Soon2BeVIP
12-13-06, 09:30 PM
If that fails.....I would definitely get throat cancer and call her everyday to remind her.... .

Good Luck:tank:
Haha now here's the good advice I was looking for. :p