PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

catorojr
12-11-06, 11:33 AM
I decided to stop lurking around and introduce myself. I originally found this site when looking for advice, and have continued to gain it with that search button. A little back story if you will:

My name is Charles Toro (CJ for short); I entered DEP just shy of 3 years ago, and had to leave DEP to help the man who raised me die as comfortably as possible. It ended up being not only my "father figure" grandfather who was dieing (who served in the Air Force) but my other grandfather ended up passing as well (A WWII Veteran) followed by a good friend of mine ending his life ( among other hellish family sicknesses). After these events my then girlfriend who was once supportive was now not wanting me to join; long story short with the help of the members here (in the chat room) and military . com forums I will be enlisting after our wedding next year.

A good friend of mine saw my goals of the Marine Corps and decided that was for him as well; he is stationed at Camp Pendleton now as a proud Marine (visited my father in Orange County and picked him up for Thanksgiving). Another good friend of mine, who I have unfortunately lost touch with after his tour in Iraq is a proud Marine. I cannot wait until I earn the title of a Marine and wanted to thank you all for your direct and indirect help.

I am currently physically training as hard as I can to "prepare" myself as much as possible for boot camp, and will continue to soak up all the advice placed in these forums. Thanks again.

-CJ

jinelson
12-11-06, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/156100.jpg

Welcome Aboard CJ!

catorojr
12-11-06, 03:03 PM
Thanks, good to be around!

Kildars
12-12-06, 02:15 AM
Welcome, you will find this site useful. If you're already sworn in you can change your status to Poolee/DEP.

catorojr
12-21-07, 10:19 AM
Well finally after another year passed by, I went to the recruiter. Have to finished smoothing things over with the wifey (did actually get hitched in August '07), but I will be processed and swearing in next week, 2 days after xmas!!

I will be joining as a Reservist as a comprimise to my wife. MOS undetermined, will be 03xx field; Recruiter will have to fight for another Reserves spot in my area.

Lurking this site has kept me motivated and informed, thanks all! Looking forward to having the oppurtunity of earning that 'Eagle, Globe, and Anchor'!

-CJ