PDA

View Full Version : McCains Son Is A Brother Now

jinelson
12-11-06, 11:24 AM
Marine Pvt. Jimmy McCain graduated last friday with Platoon 2045 at MCRD San Diego, CA. He hit the yellow footsteps on September 11th, 2006. It is no surprise to me that our leftest controlled media was not all over this story. Welcome aboard the Corps Marine!

Semper Fi

Jim

Next Generation Of McCains Joins Up
Sen. John McCain's Son, Jimmy, To Become A U.S. Marine

PHOENIX, July 29, 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/image1633354g.jpg
A former Navy pilot, Sen. John McCain is the son and grand-son of U.S. Navy admirals. (Getty Images/Mark Wilson)

(AP) The youngest son of Arizona Sen. John McCain has joined the Marine Corps and will begin basic training in California in September, according to a report in Time magazine.

Jimmy McCain, 18, will spend three months in boot camp, followed by a month of specialized training before being assigned to a unit. With 25,000 of 178,000 active duty Marines in Iraq now and 80,000 having done tours of duty there or in Afghanistan in recent years, his chances at deployment to a war zone are high.

"I'm obviously very proud of my son," the elder McCain told Time for a story in editions going on sale Monday, "but also understandably a little nervous."

McCain's communications director, Eileen McMenamin, confirmed the accuracy of the Time story but said the Senator would not comment further Saturday.

McCain, 70, has been an outspoken supporter of the war in Iraq, saying just last month during a Senate debate on a troop-withdrawal resolution that leaving Iraq would "risk disaster."

"Withdrawal and fail, or commit and succeed," McCain said.

McCain said having a son serving in the war would not change his position.

A Republican considered a possible presidential candidate in 2008, McCain served as a Navy pilot and was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and held as a prisoner of war for more than five years.

Sen. McCain's father, Admiral John S. McCain Jr., commanded U.S. forces in the Pacific during Vietnam, where he was responsible for air strikes that may have endangered his imprisoned son. His grandfather, Admiral John S. McCain Sr., served in the Pacific in WW II and was present at the Japanese surrender aboard the U.S.S. Missouri.

Another of Sen. McCain's seven children, Jack, 20, just completed his first year at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis.

Sen. McCain said Jimmy was well aware of the family's Navy background but had friends in the Corps, had read about the service branch and "he just wanted to join up.

"I don't think there's anything unusual about Jimmy," McCain said. "There are, thank God, lots of young men and women like him."

Osotogary
12-11-06, 12:13 PM
Jim-
Here are some of the links I found regarding Senator McCain's son joining the Marine Corps. I you hadn't mentioned it, I would not have known since I couldn't find the story in the Miami Herald this day, the 11th of December, 2006. Thanks for the news.

Mcwww.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060730/REPOSITORY/607300390/1013/48HOURS - 59k - Dec 10, 2006 -

www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1220528,00.html

www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/07/29/us_sen_john_mccains_son_to_join_marines_report/

www.answers.com/topic/john-mccain - 206k

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/08/22/politics/main1925359.shtml - 82k - Dec 10, 2006 -

Osotogary
12-11-06, 12:29 PM
www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060730/REPOSITORY/607300390/1013/48HOURS - 59k - Dec 10, 2006

jinelson
12-11-06, 12:38 PM
Gary if this had been a story about say Hillary Clintons or Barak Obama's daughter or son graduating an anti war course at Harvard the press would have devoted pages to cover the story. But since he is a Republican presidential contender and Vietnam War POW and an honorable Republican Senator not one word was printed about his sons Marine graduation. This is just one more illustration of how slanted and anti military the media is. His story would not bleed, bring dishonor to the administration or Corps or help direct public opinion to lose the war so it just wasent fit to print.

Jim

Osotogary
12-11-06, 12:42 PM
Boy, Jim, I sure as heck should have read your entry better. I just responded to the lad's joining the Marine Corps and not his graduation from MCRD. How many grievous errors am I allowed until the end of the year?
Once again, thanks for the news. No tellin' when this tidbit of information will become press material.
Adios.
Gary

SuNmAN
12-11-06, 01:00 PM
Very proud of him

as a son of a US Senator he could very well have led a comfortable life and not go through an arduous life in the Corps.

America will stand strong as long as men like him and Pat Tillman are willing to serve our great country even though they very well could've had a much better life and career elsewhere.

DWG
12-11-06, 01:26 PM
[quote=Osotogary]Jim-
Here are some of the links I found regarding Senator McCain's son joining the Marine Corps. I you hadn't mentioned it, I would not have known since I couldn't find the story in the Miami Herald this day, the 11th of December, 2006.

I thought the miami herald was all spanish now!:confused:

Osotogary
12-11-06, 01:50 PM
El Herald? Yes, there is a spanish version of the Miami Herald Publishing Company. Would I be a typical male pig if I said that the only time I look at the El Herald is to see pictures of beautiful latin women? LOL
Here's an informative link.

http://www.americanpressinstitute.org/pages/resources/2005/01/as_hispanic_markets_change_the/

DWG
12-11-06, 02:21 PM
No hablo! I'm suprised there is still an English version of the herald! Bring the flag when you leave!lol:D BTW, Good on Jimmy McCain, nice to see another "dummy" enlistee, as ms. kerry would put it!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 02:26 PM
Good on 'im!

Covey_Rider
12-11-06, 04:17 PM
I just graduated with Private McCain, we were both in the same recieving platoon together (2042) and that's where me and him became friends...however that platoon was disbanded and he went to 2045 while I went to 2048. He was a good recruit, he was a squad leader for a long time but he got dropped to GP during 2nd phase. I had the honor of meeting his mother, father, and girlfriend. He signed up to be grunt and to be a Marine, for that alone I respect him.

DWG
12-11-06, 04:40 PM
Congratulations, Boot; excuuuuuse me, MARINE!:marine:

capmarine
12-12-06, 01:13 PM
met a brand new Marine this morning at Sgt Grits-he graduated with Pvt Mccain.

Covey_Rider
12-12-06, 02:30 PM
Any chance you remember who you met?

capmarine
12-12-06, 05:19 PM
didnt catch his name.very good Marine though.he was going back to MCT,then to school to learn to drive amphib vehicles.believe he had his mother and 2 other women with him.was in platoon 2045 i think,mccain's platoon.

jinelson
12-12-06, 07:23 PM
I finaly found a slight mention of Jimmys graduation in the media it was in The Washington Examiners Yeas and Nays column yesterday. Pathetic!

Jim

Local
Yeas and Nays: Monday, Dec. 11

AP Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin, The Examiner
Dec 11, 2006 12:59 PM (1 day ago)
Current rank: # 1,050 of 10,098 articles

WASHINGTON - Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin cover people, power and politics in the beltway each weekday. Email them at yan@dcexaminer.com .

Collins uses birthday to stump for McCain

Only in Washington: You go to a birthday party and a political event breaks out. Or is it the other way around?

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, celebrated her 54th birthday with Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va., and a few dozen supporters of John McCain for president on Thursday night at the home of lobbyist Carter Pate, who’s heading McCain’s efforts in Virginia.

Davis and McCain both gave their pitch for the senator from Arizona to the well-heeled crowd, although no money changed hands.

“We were trying to see how much support is out there,” said an official familiar with the event. “We came away pretty excited about the level of commitment.”

In the crowd: lobbyists, real estate developers, Roll Call’s Mort Kondracke and Shane Green, who just sold his tech company, The Map Network, to NAVTEQ. (Welcome to the big time, young man. Time to pony up.)

In addition, 50 local CEOs have committed to McCain’s effort, said our pro-McCain source.

The senator himself couldn’t make it, as he was out of town attending his son Jimmy’s graduation from Marine training. But he sent two things in his stead: Rick Davis, his campaign manager; and a bright red birthday cake for Collins.

McCain and Collins are close allies in the Senate: Both called for Donald Rumsfeld’s resignation early on, both supported Sen. Joe Lieberman’s independent bid in Connecticut this year and both were members of the consensus-minded “Gang of 14” that formed to help confirm President Bush’s judges.

greensideout
12-12-06, 07:49 PM
Jimmy's graduation had nothing to do with "power and politics in the beltway".

I would like to see it stay that way. If Sen. McCain uses it as a political stump it would pi** me off.

No real story about Jimmy's graduation? I agree, very pathetic indeed!

jinelson
12-12-06, 08:06 PM
Ron then why was it so widely reported on May 29, 2006 slow news day? I do hear ya though I was shocked to learn that Congresswoman Marlyn Musgraves son is a Marine she never made mention of that fact. I actually found out on a liberal commie website lmao.

Jim

SuNmAN
12-12-06, 09:41 PM
Ron then why was it so widely reported on May 29, 2006 slow news day? I do hear ya though I was shocked to learn that Congresswoman Marlyn Musgraves son is a Marine she never made mention of that fact. I actually found out on a liberal commie website lmao.

Jim

The day conservatives stop calling liberals communists and liberals stop calling conservatives fascists and instead recognize that we're all just Americans regardless of our political viewpoints would be a great day for America indeed.