PDA

View Full Version : Olympic bomber: Supermax is driving me insane

outlaw3179
12-11-06, 10:51 AM
FLORENCE, Colorado (AP) -- Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph laments in a series of letters to a newspaper that the maximum-security federal prison where he is spending the rest of his life is designed to drive him insane.

"It is a closed-off world designed to isolate inmates from social and environmental stimuli, with the ultimate purpose of causing mental illness and chronic physical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis," he wrote in one letter to The Gazette of Colorado Springs.

Rudolph wrote that he spends 23 hours a day in his 7-by-12-foot cell, his only exercise confined to an enclosed area he described as a "large empty swimming pool" divided into "dog-kennel style cages."

"Using solitary confinement, Supermax is designed to inflict as much misery and pain as is constitutionally permissible," he wrote in a letter.

One of Rudolph's victims had no sympathy for him.

"It gives me a great deal of pride to think he's never coming out of there," said Diane Derzis, who runs a Birmingham, Alabama, women's clinic Rudolph bombed in 1998. "He should never see daylight again."

The newspaper reported in its Sunday editions that it has corresponded by mail with Rudolph for more than a year, and prison officials have refused the paper's request to interview Rudolph.

The Gazette refused Rudolph's request that it publish his writings in their entirety. The newspaper said if it published articles, it would print portions of the letters as long as they were not hate literature or libelous.

Rudolph, an anti-government extremist, pleaded guilty in April 2005 to setting the bomb that killed one person and wounded more than 100 at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, and three other bombings, including a fatal explosion at a Birmingham clinic.

Oh Booo Hoooo....die slow motherfuc*er.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 11:20 AM
Well, he can always kill himself. Save the taxpayers a dime or two.

My heart just bleeds purple *iss for 'im.

rktect3j
12-11-06, 12:03 PM
Those should be the delux accomodations.

Camper51
12-11-06, 01:35 PM
I am so glad that he gets to spend HIS eternity in my fine state and not be able to see my mountains and their glory. The whiney little bastid is getting just what he deserves. Maybe the heat will fail all winter long too...

Zulu 36
12-11-06, 04:56 PM
In his case it sounds like a short drive anyway.

candi
12-12-06, 08:08 AM
Ah, the sound of the world's smallest violin is music to my ears. I recognize the tune too...I believe it is playing "Cry Me a River" or "My Heart Bleeds For You"...

Lovely tunes, No?

yellowwing
12-12-06, 08:15 AM
Sucks to be you, Rudolph! :banana:

ErikHeiker
12-13-06, 10:35 AM
Cry me a river! My cell is 5.5' by 10'. When I'm in it I have to worry about rocket attacks. When I leave it I have to worry about people shooting at me. And if you think the food is bad there, be glad KBR doesn't prepare your meals. At least I'll be paroled to the free world in a month.

sgtofrifleman
12-15-06, 09:37 AM
What a shame! To bad.