PDA

View Full Version : ROE - Rules of Endangerment

fontman
12-11-06, 10:38 AM
ROE - Rules of Endangerment <br />
Posted By Blackfive <br />
BlackFiveDotNet <br />
<br />
I'd like you all to meet one of my friends that I convinced to send me a publishable email when his platoon wasn't fighting in...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 11:22 AM
Yeah, this is a great posting on Blackfive. Thanks for putting it here as well. This Sgt seems to have his *hit together, and no doubt speaks the truth.

jinelson
12-11-06, 11:33 AM
Outstanding post Mark thanks for sharing it!

Jim

kato811
12-11-06, 07:49 PM
Please foward it to the White House. Maybe some one there will read it

The1stSgt
12-12-06, 08:05 AM
I'm sure in "the art of war", ROE must serve some purpose, but what?

It's not like we're a couple of middle school boys meeting for a fight after school and one says, "I'll fight you if there's no hitting in the face or kicking.....etc."

The rule should be, "If in doubt, take it out".:banana:

drumcorpssnare
12-12-06, 09:38 AM
Isn't it ironic that there are "rules" on how you can kill someone during wartime?

Back in the Middle Ages, there was a muzzleloader that had a cube projectile about the size of a dice. The Pope outlawed the weapon as 'barbaric'.

My dad used to think it was crazy that the Geneva Conventions stipulated what could and could not be used 'directly' to kill another human being. Like the 50cal.....you can use that weapon against a building, bunker, etc., or a vehicle...but not directly on a person. Yeah, right! But...a flachette-round from an artillery piece is okay....hmmm? You can drop a 500lb. bomb on a city, but don't you dare put a trip-wire on that bomb to make a booby-trap!

I think they should throw out ALL the rules! Remember the Vikings? THEY didn't have no stinkin' rules! Those 40lb. oak sledgehammers would squoosh your brain-housing group like a grape! Nobody whined about it. They just fought back.

I can just imagine these 'goody-two shoes' of today, being in combat....
Probably look like two high school girls in a 'cat-fight.' "I'll scratch your eyes out, bit@#!" "Oh no, I broke a nail. I'm MAD now!" "Sissy!" "Ow!" "STOP it!" (sob, sob, wipe the tears, sob):banana:

jinelson
12-12-06, 11:31 AM
They should be called the Rules Of Endangerment because they kill good Marines and win wars for the enemy! If you want to eliminate the enemy send the Marines, if you want to give up and help the enemy send in the libs of the democratic party.

Jim

ggyoung
12-12-06, 11:56 AM
:thumbup: :yes: If one studies the geneva conventions you would be amazzed at what the U.S.A. did not agree on. One was the use of the shotgun. Our Marines and Army used them in trench clearing. The germens *****ed like hell about it. They said they would start killing there POW's We said we would kill 2 germans for every one of ours killed. The list goes on and on.