PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Services

hawks
12-11-06, 12:08 AM
So Sundays I hear that you get 4 hours of downtime or whatever where you can go to a service mass. What kind of affliations do they have, or does everyone go to the same one or are there Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, Muslim, or is it just Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-06, 12:19 AM
There are Catholic and Protestant services held in the chapel. If you are Jew there is an opportunity for you to worship on Saturday, but the DIs will not be pleased.

There were other services offered as well. They were typically done as an outreach from a church in town. I have no idea what all may be offered now. You'll have to ask when you get there.

hawks
12-11-06, 12:55 AM
Not that it applies to me, but some Muslims worship/pray up to 5 times a day, im guessing that the DI's are not having any of that though right?

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-06, 02:37 AM
I would suspect that they will have to make due with the one time a day they are offered before they hit the rack. I didn't go through boot with any muslims. However, there was one in my platoon in the fleet. He didn't pray during working hours, and I was never with him in the field. I know he did pray in the evening, so we would all make sure he had privacy to do so.

During Ramadan he would fast, and that was difficult. The PT runs didn't go away, and his work responsibilities were the same as they were the rest of the year. But, he made it work for him. He had to make some sacrifices, but nothing too bad.