PDA

View Full Version : I"m Back!!!!

Covey_Rider
12-09-06, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone, I'm back from boot camp now...just graduated yesterday. I was the company honorman and so I was promoted to Lance Corporal...I don't have much time to say much now but I just thought I would let everyone know that you now have a new Marine in the family.

Semper Fi

Motorola07
12-09-06, 09:07 PM
Congratulations... What all did you do to get their? Being top runner? What?

sgt tony
12-09-06, 09:25 PM
welcome home Marine. Job well done

jinelson
12-09-06, 09:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/companyhonorman.jpg

Platoon 2048
COMPANY HONOR MAN
Lance Cpl. D. F. Stam
Des Moines, Iowa
Recruited by
Staff Sgt. E. Luz
Well Congratulations Dom I have been waiting for you. When you left I knew that the Gunny said he would make you Platoon Scribe then when I got my next recruit update you were the Guide. Outstanding Marine! You more than made me and this site proud well freaking done! You are The Recruit Forums first Company Honorman. I expect you to share your story with our current class of Poolees on a post in Former Poolees Forum. I know that Matt is smiling down on you "Word Boy"! I will see to upgrading your membership to that of a Marine you update your profile because you are seriously out of uniform.

Semper Fidelis Marine

Jim

http://www.mcrdsd.usmc.mil/

Master Sephiroth
12-09-06, 11:06 PM
congratulations Marine

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-10-06, 01:17 AM
Welcome Brother. Drop the sea bag and relax for a bit.

Achped
12-10-06, 01:27 AM
Oh man! I remember when you left!

How the heck did you get company honorman? Don't take that as me saying I didn't think you were up to it, take it as me asking advice! That is outstanding!!! Lance Corporal and you've been a Marine two days, that's really something that not many Marines can attest to.

Congratulations!!!!

thedrifter
12-10-06, 07:29 AM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

rsta
12-10-06, 07:50 AM
Congratulations, Marine! Job well done, now, enjoy your leave.

quillhill
12-10-06, 12:06 PM
I'm in awe. Congratulations, Marine! Company honorman! And LCpl, too! That's just, wow!
SSgt. Nelson has every reason to be proud. I look forward to hearing more about your recruit training experiences.
Enjoy your leave. You definitely earned it!

Accord
12-10-06, 04:24 PM
Congratulations.

What's your MOS? I think I remember you having to change your MOS right before you left.

I ship in 29 days to MCRDPI and my ultimate goal is to become a Marine of course, but my other goal is to also graduate as a guide. Do you have any advice on being a guide, getting the position, and keeping the position throughout bootcamp?

In the documentary Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click. the guide seemed almost like a mini-Drill Instructor. Is that basically how you have to be? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and congratulations again.

christine_06
12-10-06, 05:50 PM
Congrats Marine. I hope you enjoy your time in the Corps. I have so far. oo-rah

Covey_Rider
12-11-06, 09:21 AM
Yes, being the guide is like being a mini drill instructor at times, but at the same time you have to still know that you're still a recruit...You can't get a power trip and think that you're better then the rest of the recruits. I volunteered for the position on F1 (forming day 1), and I was able to hold the position the whole entire cycle. I got fired a couple times but then rehired right away. You've got to stay motivated and always make sure that you're one step ahead of all the other recruits in the platoon. As long as you're on top of your game you won't really have any problems. You'll learn how to deal with stress very well too haha but I'll talk to you about everything that you'll need to know before you leave.

My MOS is 1371 Combat Engineer

Semper Fi

Osotogary
12-11-06, 09:56 AM
Good work! Your individual achievement is also a result of the contributions by others. Congratulations. All the best to you.
Gary

NewOrleansLady
12-11-06, 10:15 AM
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS !

Job very well done!!

Marine Mom {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

rb1651
12-11-06, 11:40 AM
Congratulations, Marine!!! Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Camper51
12-11-06, 12:02 PM
I know you will do us all proud. You are now a MARINE. I know you will wear the title proudly. Good luck in your tour...

JoeSzynal
12-11-06, 12:46 PM
Congratulations Marine!! That was no easy feat you just pulled off. Keep the momentum up. When you get to the fleet resist the tempation to disappear into the large pool of Lance Corporals out there becuase it may be comfortable. You don't need to be an NCO to lead your fellow Marines like one. Stay vocal and be the Marine the NCOs go to when they need your platoon to get something done. Get your MCIs done along with all that, maybe a pump in Iraq, and you'll find yourself on a meritorious board before you know it.

Great Job Marine!
Semper Fi
Joe

Marine84
12-11-06, 09:14 PM
WOOHOO! Semper Fi and welcome home Marine!