PDA

View Full Version : Treason!!!

SkilletsUSMC
12-09-06, 11:19 AM
I am still up in the air as to how I feel about this. I dont want to hate democrats, but my gut tells me this is true. :cry:

http://www.sweetness-light.com/archive/us-democrats-have-held-secret-meetings-with-hamas

SuNmAN
12-09-06, 12:15 PM
lets get a reliable source on this article please

sweetness-light.com isnt exactly a very relaible source

yellowwing
12-09-06, 01:56 PM
You don't think we are already holding talks with their Hamas' Daddy's in Syria and Iran? Even if there are no embassies, we still have quiet back channel envoys to communicate. Its been that way for generations and no one has cried TREASON!!!

If folks want to believe something bad about a group, they'll believe anything. The more ridiculous the better, more publicity.

jinelson
12-09-06, 03:34 PM
No doubt in my military mind the dems have been secretly meeting with the enemy. They have a track record of treason remember John Hanoi Kerry when he lied while good men died?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/ker_doi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/t_ken_ker.jpg

Secular Progressive Libs in action!

kato811
12-09-06, 04:14 PM
Nelson what are you tring to say ?That John Kerry went to Hanoi as a goverment offical?

ridingcrops
12-09-06, 04:28 PM
Anyone remember this administration qouting a VIA operative? Anyone recall the WMDs that were never there? Anyone remember "Nation building that in our constitution"?
I support our brothers in arms and always have. I remember when no one supported us in Nam and I remember what it was like when I came home.
I severed proudly in the Corps and in Nam and would not change that time in my life for anything, but I also don't look at this war without blinders on and see that there is more at stake than "Nation building". There seems to be a lot of helping out our personal friends to increase their fortunes with the lives and limbs of our brother Marines and other service members. there seems to be a lot of the old boy networking going on with the use of our troops in what is becoming an Iraqui problem that they don't want to face and expect us to supply them with the troops to do the job that they don't want to do themselves.
If we did go after WMDs and "Nation build" then that mission has been done and it's about time they stood up and toook the fight for their country over for themselves and stopped expecting us to do the fighting and dying that they are not willing to do.
These people don't even want to stop the floood of terrorists coming into their own country because they expect us to do it for them.
As far as Kerry talking to the ministers of other countries, at least he's trying to do something. And the lies of this administration led by a deserting coward and his five time draft dodger who says he was too busy to serve during Nam shouldn't hold much weight with brave MKarines doing their job.
Part of the smear campaign Kerry gets is a lot of BS supplied by the deserting coward and the draft dodger just like the lies they spread about Kerry by the Swift Boatees which turned out to be just that, LIES!
Yes he gave testimony before Congress on what he had been "TOLD" by other veterans and that too was twisted around to be used against him by these deserters and draft dodgers.
You can't think for a minute that these guys aren't talking behind your backs, Kerry is just doing it publicly and trying to save the lives of our troops. He isn't trying to make money for his buddies with no bid contracts that have proven to be almost corrupt as these two cowards and their adminstration and giving Medals of Freedom to their friends just because they know them. Therre used to be a time when the Medal of Freedom meant something not just a little party favor for Republicans. Just like when the Presidency wasn't for sale.

OLE SARG
12-09-06, 05:56 PM
KERRY IS A ****ING TRAITOR AND IF YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE, I'VE GOT SOME OCEANFRONT PROPERTY IN ARIZONA I'LL SELL YOU FOR A SONG. I REMEMBER KERRY AND HIS TRAITOR ****ING PALS DEMONSTRATING ON THE IWO MONUMENT AND I'VE WANTED TO KILL HIS LURCH-LOOKING ASS EVER SINCE.
kerry is a ****ing idiot and had it not been for his parents, money, and luck, this funny looking MF would be in prison for Treason!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
12-09-06, 07:23 PM
A toast, to high treason, we kicked one king George out before, so, here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right, what they knew was right.

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/assets/aa/adams/aa_adams_jefferson_1_e.jpg

SkilletsUSMC
12-09-06, 07:37 PM
lets get a reliable source on this article please

sweetness-light.com isnt exactly a very relaible source

The only reason I posted this was becase It seemed more aimed at israelis than americans. To be honest, Ive never even heard of this particular website before. But in its defense, some of the crap that comes out of the "respectable" media is just as "bogus"

SkilletsUSMC
12-09-06, 07:39 PM
YES, and another toast to our founding fathers for continuing a long dificult, yet just war that did not have the majority of the locals on their side.

A toast, to high treason, we kicked one king George out before, so, here's to the men who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right, what they knew was right.

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/assets/aa/adams/aa_adams_jefferson_1_e.jpg

jinelson
12-09-06, 07:46 PM
No Kato811 but he went to Paris and negotiated with the North Vietnamese while he was a commissioned naval officer that is a photo of him doing that. We were still at war with the North Vietmanese when he did and he was not acting on orders or even requests of the government. He never signed his form 180 to receive his official service records. Then of course it would be up to him to make them public which for some strange reason he refuses to do so. If he did it may just prove that he was punished for his traitorous acts. It would also shed light on all the medals he awarded himself.

Jim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/120025-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/134296-1.jpg

jinelson
12-09-06, 07:48 PM
KERRY SIGNS SF-180 FORM <br />
By Michelle Malkin &amp;#183; May 24, 2005 07:40 AM <br />
During an interview yesterday with Boston Globe editorial writers and columnists, John Kerry said he signed Form SF 180. The...

10thzodiac
12-09-06, 08:47 PM
Yo ! jinelson, I'd go to sleep if it wasn't for your flaky cartoons in your posts while I'm scrolling down for a post that doesn't pollute a debate and get a cheap laugh on behalf of the Republican party.

I personally don't read any of your stuff, too long http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/24.gif Keep it simple for your high fiver's, the cartoons will be enough for them.

SF
10th

kato811
12-09-06, 10:26 PM
damm wish id have known service members could award there self medals .maybe i could have gotten some .

ridingcrops
12-10-06, 10:33 PM
Well maybe Kerry is a traitor but he hasn't outed any CIA agents like the deserting coward Bush and his draft dodging vice-coward Cheney.
Both of these cowards use people and situations to sell the Presidency and the country for their own monitary gain and to help out their buddies.
You may feel Kerry is a "traitor" but then you should be used to having traitors around because we have two more years of these two left.
And keep in mind that Kerry volunteered for combat when he could have stayed in a nice cushy office job. And even that has been turned into lies by these two cowards and one of the people they got to spread the lies has admitted that they were all lies about him.
Kerry at lest tried to get some talks going when he saw that the government would not let us do our jobs in Nam. They stopped us from taking the fight to the enemy and let them rum amok all over Cambodia and Laos on the trail with no threat of us able to stop them. He was doing what the government should have been doing.

SuNmAN
12-10-06, 10:41 PM
Well maybe Kerry is a traitor but he hasn't outed any CIA agents like the deserting coward Bush and his draft dodging vice-coward Cheney.
Both of these cowards use people and situations to sell the Presidency and the country for their own monitary gain and to help out their buddies.
You may feel Kerry is a "traitor" but then you should be used to having traitors around because we have two more years of these two left.
And keep in mind that Kerry volunteered for combat when he could have stayed in a nice cushy office job. And even that has been turned into lies by these two cowards and one of the people they got to spread the lies has admitted that they were all lies about him.
Kerry at lest tried to get some talks going when he saw that the government would not let us do our jobs in Nam. They stopped us from taking the fight to the enemy and let them rum amok all over Cambodia and Laos on the trail with no threat of us able to stop them. He was doing what the government should have been doing.

exactly, people rip on Kerry for his record of military service - although I don't agree with everything he has done...hey, he served.

where was George W. Bush during the same time frame? yep, his influential family ties got him out of ever having to serve in the RVN.

I've personally got nothing against either Kerry or Bush. But I do hate DICK Cheney

greensideout
12-10-06, 10:47 PM
Quote: "But I do hate DICK Cheney"

Why is that?

yellowwing
12-10-06, 11:01 PM
Kerry a traitor? I've said before where is the junior Justice Department prosecutor that could make his career charging him with treason?

There is no statute of limitations for treason.

For 35+ years no junior g-man has stepped up to the supposedly slam dunk case. Think about. All the Swift Boat sailors that the Republicans have lined up would have swamped any brown water craft. But the men that actually breathed his air and smelled his farts and fear have nothing but praise for Kerry.

Do you think the True Warrior Colin Powell says the same thing of Cheney and the current administration?

greensideout
12-10-06, 11:10 PM
My CWO-4 brother that worked with Gen. Powell in the south command has a different view of him then the one that you state. Oh well, we all have our preceptions.

yellowwing
12-10-06, 11:20 PM
My CWO-4 brother that worked with Gen. Powell in the south command has a different view of him then the one that you state. Oh well, we all have our preceptions.
No I don't have the benefit of your Bro's experience.

My point being that in 35 years there has been zero evidence that the idiot Kerry commited treason.

greensideout
12-10-06, 11:28 PM
No I don't have the benefit of your Bro's experience.

My point being that in 35 years there has been zero evidence that the idiot Kerry commited treason.

Yes, "idiot" works till "treason" is proven.

SuNmAN
12-11-06, 12:20 AM
Quote: "But I do hate DICK Cheney"

Why is that?

I don't know

must have something to do with his Haliburton ties or something

Its really just a gut feeling I guess "hate" is a strong word.

Let me rephrase - "strongly dislike" instead of hate. He just seems like a shady character to me.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 07:49 AM
Speaking of traitors, Kennedy, Tedward, repeatedly tried to back door American policy during the Cold war by secret dealings with the KGB, etc. He's a bigger traitor than Kerry can ever hope to...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 07:55 AM
As far as any junior level g man making a treason case against KErry, that would be seen as a political prosecution, even if the case were true. Therefore, he's allowed to get away with it...the same way Jane Fonda was, and all the rest of the various idiots, like Cindy Sheehan. Expressing support for 'the other side', and even actively cheering them on, is no longer considered 'treason'. Selling classified info, pulling a trigger for the other side, etc, is what the gummint considers 'treason', and prosecutes for.

yellowwing
12-11-06, 08:46 AM
Yuk! Kerry represents the worst of our Democratic Party. His elitist demeanor only supports the RNC.

I would gladly welcome any junior g-man to take on his case.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-06, 08:56 AM
And, believe it or not, I think there are those in the dem party who would support that. There are some good dems out there, and I've voted Dem in the past (not in the recent past, but in the past), and would do so in the future if the person supported what I did.

I wouldn't vote for Kerry if they were paying me to do so.

OLE SARG
12-11-06, 09:19 AM
Yeh right, and how many of us peons were able to take our own camera crew to Vietnam with us. And also a volunteer with a plan of taking CARE OF HIMSELF!!!!!!!! This piece of **** has had a plan for WHAT HE HAS DONE AND IS DOING ALL HIS WORTHLESS LIFE.
That WHOLE THREE, YES THREE, MONTHS he spent in 'Nam made a big difference in the outcome, didn't it?????????? All his service did was cheapen the value of military awards (Purple Hearts and a Silver Star). I got elephant grass cuts in 'Nam but I missed my Purple Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You might consider, the government at the time of Vietnam was democratic!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Dave Coup
12-13-06, 08:35 AM
Kerry served! Yeah, when he couldn't get any more deferments. He's a piece of s#it, a lying backstabbing piece if s#it. And thats all I have to say about that.

SF
Dave

10thzodiac
12-13-06, 09:06 AM
Kerry served! Yeah, when he couldn't get any more deferments. He's a piece of s#it, a lying backstabbing piece if s#it. And thats all I have to say about that.

SF
Dave

Do you like Bush better ?

OLE SARG
12-13-06, 09:31 AM
I think dog **** would rank higher than ms kerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Dave Coup
12-13-06, 09:57 AM
10th I think I see where this is going. The old "Bush lied people died". I'm still waiting for someone to prove that he knowingly decieved anyone. To answer your question yes I like Bush, my approval of some of his policies has gone down but I like him. As for Kerry, I might vote for him if the alternative were
Hilary (Iknow same party) or Jesse Jackson.

germe1967
12-13-06, 10:05 AM
Well,well,well....Once again, the Dems show their true colors. Brothers and Sisters, they are not trying to take the country in a new direction for the good of our nation. They have one mission. To obtain and consolidate complete power here in the US so that the can continue on to their true dream. A single government over the entire world - the UN. They don't dream of a powerful US, a safe US, or the ideals of our forefathers. They don't see themselves as citizens of the US. They see themselves as citizens of a global community embodied by the UN. So when the meet and help enemies of the US, they don't see it as treason. When our borders are not secure, they see that as a positive thing. And when the US becomes more powerful and less susceptible to UN influence, it infuriates them. When one brings all of this into perspective, one is no longer shocked at thier actions.
If you don't think they would love to consolidate power and create a system where they are impervious to the ballot box, please review the record of the 2004 state election in Washington State. Where they demanded recount after recount, constantly "finding" more votes as they went. And where over 600 felons and 200 dead people were listed as having voted. And thier control of the judges and courts made them impervious to the law. I think it is also important to note at this point that Lincoln Park in Seattle, Washington is also the site of a 20 ft bronze statue of Vladimir Lennon.

booksbenji
12-13-06, 03:22 PM
and y'all figure it out. I say nuke 'em all and be done. :evilgrin:

http://vroosh.com/search/submit-Search/where-web/US-Democrats-Have-Held-Secret-Meetings-With-Hamas.html

:evilgrin:

clemdog
12-13-06, 09:33 PM
http://johnkerry-08.com/war/

"Kerry, by his own account, violated the UCMJ, the Geneva Conventions and the U.S. Code while serving as a Navy officer, and he further stands in violation of Article three, Section three of the U.S. Constitution.
Upon entering the Navy in 1966, John Kerry signed a six-year contract (plus a six-month extension during wartime) and an Officer Candidate contract for five years of active duty and active Naval Reserve. This indicates that Kerry was clearly a commissioned officer at the time of his 1970 meeting with NVA Communists in Paris -- in direct violation of the UCMJ's Article 104 part 904, and U.S. Code 18 U.S.C. 953. That meeting, and Kerry's subsequent coddling of Communists while leading mass protests against our military in the year that followed, also place him in direct violation of our Constitution's Article three, Section three, which defines treason as "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy in time of warfare. (As General Vo Nguyen Giap is his witness....)
Thus, we refer our readers to the Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3, which states, "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President ... having previously taken an oath ... to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."
It is for this reason -- for his record of giving aid and comfort to the enemy while a member of the U.S. Armed Forces in violation of his oath -- that we insist John Kerry resign his seat in the U.S. Senate. He has dishonored his family, dishonored his state and dishonored our nation. He is not fit for public office at any level of government, much less, the highest office in the land. John Kerry should resign."

SuNmAN
12-13-06, 09:38 PM
10th I think I see where this is going. The old "Bush lied people died". I'm still waiting for someone to prove that he knowingly decieved anyone. To answer your question yes I like Bush, my approval of some of his policies has gone down but I like him. As for Kerry, I might vote for him if the alternative were
Hilary (Iknow same party) or Jesse Jackson.

I agree I doubt Bush knowingly lied to the American people. Although our intel SUCKED.

But if there are two things Bush knows NOTHING of, that is WAR AND POVERTY (oh yeah and public speaking)

coming from such a powerful and affluent family, he had everything handed to him all his life.

I'd rather have a President that has "been there done that" (not necessarily fight in combat but to know what its like to be a regular ol' American and not rich, famous and powerful all his life)

greensideout
12-13-06, 10:00 PM
I agree I doubt Bush knowingly lied to the American people. Although our intel SUCKED.

But if there are two things Bush knows NOTHING of, that is WAR AND POVERTY (oh yeah and public speaking)

coming from such a powerful and affluent family, he had everything handed to him all his life.

I'd rather have a President that has "been there done that" (not necessarily fight in combat but to know what its like to be a regular ol' American and not rich, famous and powerful all his life)

Where are you going to find that animal? Name one person that will run for President that is "a regular ol' American".

SuNmAN
12-13-06, 10:18 PM
Where are you going to find that animal? Name one person that will run for President that is "a regular ol' American".

Senator John McCain: "McCain was born in Coco Solo in the American-controlled Panama Canal Zone. Despite being born in a foreign country, his parents were both U.S. citizens and he acquired U.S. citizenship at birth, making him eligible for the Presidency."

On October 26, 1967, McCain's A-4 Skyhawk was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile, landing in Truc Bach Lake. He broke both arms and a leg after ejecting from his plane. After he regained consciousness, a mob gathered around him and stripped him of his clothing. He was then tortured by Vietnamese soldiers, who bayonetted him in his left foot and groin. His shoulder was crushed by a rifle butt. He was then transported to the Hoa Lo Prison, also known as the Hanoi Hilton.[6]

Once McCain arrived at the Hanoi Hilton, he was placed in a cell and interrogated daily. When McCain refused to provide any information to his captors, he was beaten until he lost consciousness.[7]

When the North Vietnamese discovered his father was the Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Command, (CINCPAC), commander of all U.S. forces in Vietnam, he was offered a chance to return home. McCain turned down the offer of repatriation.[8]

Interview with McCain on April 24, 1974, after his return home.McCain signed an anti-American propaganda message which was written in Vietnamese, but only as a result of rigorous and brutal torture methods, which have rendered him incapable of raising his arms above his head. According to McCain, signing the propaganda message is something he most regrets during his time as a POW. After McCain signed the statement, the Vietnamese decided they could not use it. They tried to force him to sign a second statement, and this time he refused. He received two to three beatings per week because of his continued refusal

Here is a resiliant man I would trust to lead my country to greatness !!!

Senator Barack Obama:

"Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama Sr. of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas. His parents met while both were attending the East-West Center of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was enrolled as a foreign student."

"After high school, Obama studied for two years at Occidental College in California, before transferring to Columbia College, the undergraduate division of Columbia University, where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations. Upon graduating in 1983, Obama worked for one year at Business International Corporation before moving to Chicago and taking a job with a non-profit organization helping local churches organize job training programs for residents of poor neighborhoods"

Another man who I would trust to lead our country !!

I know neither came from dirt poor origins, but both came from "average joe families" In my eyes both have demonstrated leadership, character, tenacity, integrity...everything I would want to represent us as the President of the United States !!

Oh yeah, please noone vote for Hillary Clinton goodness me

greensideout
12-13-06, 10:40 PM
Quote: "average joe families".

I guess that me and the other huskings in the mid-west are just to common to see that. What is wrong with us? With so many Admirals in the family we didn't know that he was an average joe?

I guess that what it boils down to is difinition of who is the average joe from a personal view.

SuNmAN
12-14-06, 01:55 AM

I guess that me and the other huskings in the mid-west are just to common to see that. What is wrong with us? With so many Admirals in the family we didn't know that he was an average joe?

I guess that what it boils down to is difinition of who is the average joe from a personal view.

sorry bro, I didnt mean that Senator John McCain was much of an "average joe" but what I respected was what he endured in Vietnam was an enemy prisoner of war at the "Hanoi Hilton".

This man knows what it means to go through adversity. He knows what it means to suffer.

Besides - sure its cool having Admirals in your family, but seriously being related to some retired Admirals really doesnt help you that much in life.

But having a daddy that was former cabinet member and President of the United States...and being extremely wealthy DOES.

I'm not holding anything against Bush. I just feel like he really had it easy.

SuNmAN
12-14-06, 01:57 AM

lol I'm from the midwest too

I-L-L-I-N-I !

Dave Coup
12-14-06, 06:41 AM
The only person I can think of that knows about war and that I would vote for is Colin Powell. As for anyone who knows about poverty, the last President that knew anything about that was probably Abe Lincoln. In this day and age a person has to be pretty much indepently wealthy to be able to afford to mount a decent campaign.
Going back, I'm not sure we need a President that knows war. That's what his Cabinet and the Joint Chiefs are for. In my humble opinion, what we need is someone who will try to get the Federal Government back to it's primary function, PROTECTION OF THE COUNTRY!!! Now there's a cunumdrum, who would that be?

SF

Dave

OLE SARG
12-14-06, 09:27 AM
I had some range targets made with kerry on them - DAMN, shooting is a lot more fun now, especially when I put a nice group right between the MF'S eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD SIGHT PICTURE WHEN I SEE lurch sitting on the front sight!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
12-14-06, 09:39 AM
The only person I can think of that knows about war and that I would vote for is Colin Powell. As for anyone who knows about poverty, the last President that knew anything about that was probably Abe Lincoln. In this day and age a person has to be pretty much indepently wealthy to be able to afford to mount a decent campaign.
Going back, I'm not sure we need a President that knows war. That's what his Cabinet and the Joint Chiefs are for. In my humble opinion, what we need is someone who will try to get the Federal Government back to it's primary function, PROTECTION OF THE COUNTRY!!! Now there's a cunumdrum, who would that be?

SF

Dave

Dave, America operates with a "Space Shuttle Mentality", nothing will change, until we have a disaster.

May our next American revolution be as peaceful as possible and as bloody as required ! ! !

"Every generation needs a new revolution."~ Thomas Jefferson

SF
10th

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-06, 10:36 AM
SuN, Bush was, in fact, a fighter pilot. Just in case you've forgotten that little tidbit. Be it in peace, or war, it's a dangerous business. While we can discuss all we want how he got to the position, what is NOT in dispute is the fact he was, in fact, a fighter pilot.

Serve some time with the Air Wing, if you can, and see what a dangerous bidness it is.

10th, I can't tell you who said this, but here's a quote about the shuttle program/baby boomers that applies:

"> Sometimes I think the Shuttle program is a metaphor for the Baby Boom
> generation -- starts off by wildly overpromising, doesn't deliver, goes in
> circles for decades, experiences unnecessary disasters, and is now
> starting
> to fall apart due to age"

10thzodiac
12-14-06, 10:49 AM
10th, I can't tell you who said this, but here's a quote about the shuttle program/baby boomers that applies:

"Sometimes I think the Shuttle program is a metaphor for the Baby Boom
generation -- starts off by wildly overpromising, doesn't deliver, goes in
circles for decades, experiences unnecessary disasters, and is now
starting to fall apart due to age"

Sarge, words that never loose meaning, " This too shall pass."

One day Solomon decided to humble Benaiah ben Yehoyada, his most trusted minister. He said to him, "Benaiah, there is a certain ring that I want you to bring to me. I wish to wear it for Sukkot which gives you six months to find it."

"If it exists anywhere on earth, your majesty," replied Benaiah, "I will find it and bring it to you, but what makes the ring so special?"

"It has magic powers," answered the king. "If a happy man looks at it, he becomes sad, and if a sad man looks at it, he becomes happy." Solomon knew that no such ring existed in the world, but he wished to give his minister a little taste of humility.

Spring passed and then summer, and still Benaiah had no idea where he could find the ring. On the night before Sukkot, he decided to take a walk in one of he poorest quarters of Jerusalem. He passed by a merchant who had begun to set out the day's wares on a shabby carpet. "Have you by any chance heard of a magic ring that makes the happy wearer forget his joy and the broken-hearted wearer forget his sorrows?" asked Benaiah.

He watched the grandfather take a plain gold ring from his carpet and engrave something on it. When Benaiah read the words on the ring, his face broke out in a wide smile.

That night the entire city welcomed in the holiday of Sukkot with great festivity. "Well, my friend," said Solomon, "have you found what I sent you after?" All the ministers laughed and Solomon himself smiled.

To everyone's surprise, Benaiah held up a small gold ring and declared, "Here it is, your majesty!" As soon as Solomon read the inscription, the smile vanished from his face. The jeweler had written three Hebrew letters on the gold band: _gimel, zayin, yud_, which began the words "_Gam zeh ya'avor_" -- "This too shall pass."

At that moment Solomon realized that all his wisdom and fabulous wealth and tremendous power were but fleeting things, for one day he would be nothing but dust.