PDA

View Full Version : Running and music...

Motorola07
12-08-06, 03:41 PM
Anyone listen to music while running/jogging? If so what music, need to find a few songs that are good to listen to and yet are long.

poolie13
12-08-06, 04:02 PM
Hey I listen to music when I run. I listen to a Marine Corps Cadence cd that I burned.

Smalcom
12-08-06, 04:38 PM
running with music isnt a good idea when u ron the streets anyway... but if you have to i advise.... some metal or hardcore music :)

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-06, 05:03 PM
Try 'NSync, The Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block...

or try running without music so you can avoid the cars and stuff.

Christiansen
12-08-06, 05:28 PM
Cars and semi's going at 50,60 or 70 mph is constant moto... or something to the effect.

I'm lucky enough to live in the country...

http://bitrot.net/images/blog/tumbleweed.jpg

Motorola07
12-08-06, 06:38 PM
Where I run there are no cars. Thats why i'm asking. And im not inside either.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-06, 06:50 PM
Unless you're on a track, trail, or treadmill it isn't safe. If I run under those circumstances I may listen to some music. My ipod is usually full of 60s rocks, 80s hairbands and pop, and modern country. My pace is set by the garmin, not the music, so it doesn't matter too much.

In all honesty, don't allow yourself to depend too much on the music to set your pace for you. You won't have that ability on the PFT, so run at least some without it now.

Motorola07
12-08-06, 07:16 PM
If im not running with someone I start to lose intrest in it and just want to stop. Notice this a lot. Ran with my broinlaw other night, hes in the Army. I kept up with him, and it was a competition and I didnt lose intrest. When im running with other Poolees I dont. But when im by my self I just dont want to run. Why I need music.

hawks
12-08-06, 08:43 PM
Yah when I'm by myself I hate it. I run on a treadmill now because here in Iowa City its like 10 degrees but this is my playlist: Its pretty hard and upbeat so it gets the blood pumping (not in any particular order):
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Back in Black - AC/DC
Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Anxiety - Black Eyed Peas
Headstrong - Trapt
Ghetto Gospel - 2pac and Elton John
Drive - Incubus
Song 2 - Blur
I Disappear - Metallica
Unforgiven - Metallica
Get Back Remix - Ludacris and Sum 41
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Boom - POD
Chop Suey - SOAD
Suck It Up - hed(PE)
Side of a Bullet - Nickelback
Here Comes the Boom - Nelly
Number One - Nelly
Aw Naw - Nappy Roots and POD
5 Minutes Alone - Pantera
American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
Walk - Pantera
Cowboy - Kid Rock
Bawitaba - Kid Rock
Last Resort - Papa Roach

Wolfman07
12-08-06, 10:11 PM
Hey hawks running in the cold is just soooo much fun, try doing it with like 0 degree temps with like -15 windchill lol. yeah it does suck. Last time I PT with some other poolees the snot froze to my face, and this one kid puked and when we past it on the way back it was frozen. lol

Soon2BeVIP
12-10-06, 11:44 AM
Well hardly anyone answered this question normal...I dunno I am one of those people who likes every kind of music. Even country:scared: . So ya I listen to rap to hardcore to country to whatever. My last Cd's I got were Say Anything: is a real boy, Brand New's new cd, and Eminem: the re-up. Our RSS' favorite song as a group though is the Korn/Dem Franchize Boys - Coming Undone Wit It..

Christiansen
12-10-06, 11:48 AM
I didn't answer with a list of songs because I'm starting to 'get' what echo four bravo was saying... we wont have Ipods and walkmans in boot, so why start now. (IMO)

Bullrider
12-12-06, 03:09 PM
I listen to alot of chris ledoux and merle haggard and older country, modern country tends to **** me off. Other than that its all some random songs most people never of like mad sin, horrorpops, chop tops, carl perkins, nekromantix, the sea legs, time again, the unseen

Camper51
12-12-06, 03:48 PM
If you must run to music then let the music you like be your choice. Try to make the beat one you can pace yourself to. A fast beat will make you want to run faster and wear you out quicker, too slow a beat will not give you the workout you want.

Personally I ran to no music so that I could listen to the sounds around me (and my raggedy breathing, ha ha ) and I used the time alone to concentrate on having a good, fun run. In Hawaii we used to run up through the mountains and I just enjoyed the scenery and listened to the birds...

SuNmAN
12-12-06, 06:34 PM
I didn't answer with a list of songs because I'm starting to 'get' what echo four bravo was saying... we wont have Ipods and walkmans in boot, so why start now. (IMO)

so? whatever makes running right now more enjoyable so you're motivated to do it. You're training for boot camp but you don't have to pretend its boot camp and deprive yourself.

I don't run without my iPod. I get bored.

Soon2BeVIP
12-12-06, 08:59 PM
You're training for boot camp but you don't have to pretend its boot camp and deprive yourself.
Exactly! I know DEP-ing is getting prepared for boot camp, it's actually helped me improve my IST greatly. But I hate when people say don't do this because you won't be able to at boot camp. Boot camp is going to shock us no matter how much we prepare. So get prepared physically and mentally, but don't take things so seriously, you ain't going to be sitting at boot camp thinking "Well I'm really glad I didn't listen to my IPOD while running, it prepared me so much more".

Christiansen
12-12-06, 09:07 PM
so? whatever makes running right now more enjoyable so you're motivated to do it. You're training for boot camp but you don't have to pretend its boot camp and deprive yourself.

I don't run without my iPod. I get bored.

Oh yeah, and that whole car issue.

I didn't tell anyone to do anything, just stated why I didn't reply with songs.

I've waited a long time on getting approval to ship to boot camp... I'm going to do what I need/think I need to do to make sure it wasn't a waste.