thedrifter
12-08-06, 01:55 PM
December 08, 2006 <br />
Man arraigned on charges he allegedly wore unearned medal <br />
<br />
By John Hoellwarth <br />
Staff writer <br />
<br />
A St. Louis man who military officials said never served in the Marine Corps was...

FistFu68
12-08-06, 02:08 PM
:evilgrin: I'D LIKE TOO CRACK THIS MUTHA~FUKER;RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYE'S WITH MY .45ACP!I'LL GIVE HIM ,HIS JOHN WAYNE~MEDAL!!!:evilgrin: :thumbdown

Sgt Leprechaun
12-08-06, 09:47 PM
I say, ship his fat *ss right to the tip of the spear, at the edge of the empire, and let him stand a post, or start drivin in convoys. Wearin his little 'mess dress' outfit he bought on ebay.

Either that, or be hit with cinderblocks until my arms get tired. I don't care which.

greensideout
12-08-06, 11:00 PM
How was it that he was at a Marine Corps League birthday ball to begin with? It takes a copy of a DD-214 to join?
A Navy Cross, two Silver Stars and four Bronze Stars? He may all well have put a flashing red light on his head. What a dumb a$$!

jinelson
12-09-06, 02:13 AM
Believe me Ron we have had questionable profiles show up here from time to time and we have contacted the MCL HQ and the Detachment listed on the profiles. I had to produce my DD-214 and Honorable...

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-06, 05:06 AM
"Trust...but verify". I've met plenty of phonies claiming everything from PTSD to all sorts of other crap. As soon as some ya-hoo walks in wearin a "Chesty Puller starter kit", I take note, and attempt to check on anything I see.

It's a sad, but true, state of affairs these days, but doing it saves you alot of issues, embarrassment, and other things down the road.

Anyone wearing a Navy Cross, Air Force Cross, Distinguished Service Cross, can be EASILY verified these days on the internet with a minimum of searching. So can those claiming MOH, POW, etc. Even, believe it or not, the CAR can be checked, if it's a recent award. You just have to know where and how to look.

Hondaguy1980
12-09-06, 11:16 AM
This person disrespects every Marine that has ever served this country.

akclark
12-09-06, 11:35 AM
You know I may be a Super-POG with only two medals. But this story makes me proud of those two medals.

Semper Fi,
Clark

ggyoung
12-09-06, 12:42 PM
Sgtleprechaun+++++++++++++++++Are you saying that PTSD is a bunch of crap? I truly hope not.