PDA

View Full Version : Do Schools Observe Pearl Harbor Day Anymore?

ElDiablo
12-08-06, 12:57 PM
Yesterday, I got off the school bus and lo-and-behold, the flag is at full staff!:mad: Now I was under the impression that on nationally observed holidays that the flag was to be at half-staff. Anyone else seen this around?

Accord
12-08-06, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the new "progressive" America

ElDiablo
12-08-06, 01:17 PM
How's it progressive to forget a day like that? Because of that day we entered a war that would sacrifice many lives, and the school couldn't even honor them? What's up with that? That's like not saying the Pledge of Allegiance, or celebrating the Fourth of July. It's just wrong.

ElDiablo
12-08-06, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add something. On September 11th, the school didn't even remeber to put the flag at half-staff! A junior was the one that went and got a ladder (the place to hold the rope, don't know what the name of it is, is high off the ground) and did it. Now there's no excuse for that, it's still fresh in the minds of everyone.

Accord
12-08-06, 01:45 PM
How's it progressive to forget a day like that?
It's not, that's why I put it in quotes. What you described above is just a symptom of the new "progressive" movement in America and it makes me sick.

ElDiablo
12-08-06, 01:59 PM
Sorry about that. I meant to put the quotes in...and yeah, it makes me sick too. These people take for granted all the men and women who have served. Disgusting.

Motorola07
12-08-06, 02:59 PM
Now our flags were at half mass. The NJROTC guys put the flags up every morning. So I guess the commander tells them to do it?

Christiansen
12-08-06, 03:37 PM
Now, heres the real question. Did you mention it to the custodian or office? ... its hard to blame them totally if, you, yourself sat back and did nothing only to break the silence on an internet message board a day after the fact.

Just playing the devil's advocate. :banana:

devildoghopeful
12-09-06, 03:49 AM
Well in England, on the 5th anniversary of 9/11, it wasn't even MENTIONED. I understand that it didn't have the same effect on people, but personally it made me sick that people could just FORGET the deaths of thousands of innocent people along with the heroes of the NYPD and FDNY. Even the London Bombings of 7/7 are starting to get forgotten.

The whole thing makes me feel physically sick.

:sick:
:mad:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-09-06, 05:00 AM
I can tell you in the state of Maryland, the Gov put out a proclamation putting the Md state flag at Half staff for 7 December.

Remember the adage, "Time heals all wounds". It's easy for people to forget, as the national will right now is not concerned with the ongoing war. Matter of fact, just recently, while reading a book about Fallujah at work, I was asked by a woman "Oh, is that from the first Gulf war?"

The public is generally clueless, lads. Get used to it. Try to educate them as best you can, politely, because for the most part the ignorance is not based on malice, rather, it's based on stupidity. Stupidity can be cured with knowledge...

ElDiablo
12-11-06, 07:46 AM
Now, heres the real question. Did you mention it to the custodian or office? ... its hard to blame them totally if, you, yourself sat back and did nothing only to break the silence on an internet message board a day after the fact.

Just playing the devil's advocate. :banana:

Yes. I went to the office and told the secratary that the flag wasn't at half staff. She said she'd look into it and take care of it. And she didn't.