PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd share the good news

artemis2003
01-27-03, 05:57 PM
Today I found out I was accepted to Northeastern University, which is a cross-town host to the NROTC at Boston College. With that good news I am very pleased to announce that that I pursue a commission in the United States Marine Corps, regardless of my university. It is my hope that I will get into Boston College or Harvard University, but as long as I become an officer that is all that matters.

Semper Fi
-Artemis

Osotogary
01-27-03, 06:16 PM
artemis2003,
I am very, very, new to this web-site and forum. Allow me to congratulate you on your acceptance into Northeastern University.
That said, I'd like to ask you a question. Believe me, it is just a question, no more no less. Question: You mentioned that "as long as I become an officer that is all that matters." You also mention that you wish to pursue a commision in the United States Marine Corps. Would you settle for becoming a US Marine first and then an officer?
I wish you the best. Go for it! Good luck.
Gary

thedrifter
01-27-03, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the Best Marine Site on the net and congrats for being accepted into Northeastern University. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the day we can welcome you into Our Brotherhood/Sisterhood. No words can express the feeling you get when you become a United States Marine.

The Drifter

PS: Interesting Nick..........

wrbones
01-27-03, 06:29 PM
She's a female Marine to be! :D

Good luck, darlin'.

Almost everything you need to know about the Marine Corps is posted here. If it ain't, the links are! ;)

artemis2003
01-27-03, 07:41 PM
Thank you all,
I'd just like to say that I love this site and the information I am gaining will help me become a better Marine and ultimately a better officer.
To answer your question Ostogary, I simply don't have that option. Many universities and colleges start their orientation programs mid-August and I graduate June 28th so there would not be enough time for me to complete boot camp and leave for university by the deadline. Not to fear though, as an ROTC midshipman I will have to attened a month long "welcome to the program" as well as summer trainings and OCS. But if I did have the choice, I would definately go to boot first. I think a good leader needs to know where their people are coming from and what experiences they have gone through.
As far as my nick...well she is the goddess of those wild warrior women the Amazons in greek mythology as well as the finest marksmen in the ancient world. She was guardian of the night and new born animals as well as an expert hunter. In short, she was everything a woman Marine should aspire to be :D

Seeley
01-27-03, 07:57 PM
Hey good job artemis2003 :) I'm happy for you! I wanted to be an officer for a while but then I decided that I'd rather be a Marine first then worry about college later. Good luck on your college and becoming a Marine officer!

Osotogary
01-27-03, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your reply, Artemis. It was my error to confuse you with the other Artemas (The male one). You know, Artemas Gordon of "Wild,Wild West" television fame. Either way, I asked you a genderless question. Once again. Best of Luck to you. And as I tell my son, "Study hard, train hard, play hard but smart."
You will do well.
Gary

22DevilPup87
01-28-03, 07:51 AM
Congrats, Artemis. Keep us posted.