PDA

View Full Version : American Soldiers Fighting in Afghanistan Reach Out for Smooth Jazzz

thedrifter
12-07-06, 06:51 AM
American Soldiers Fighting in Afghanistan Reach Out for Smooth Jazzz
Posted: 2006-12-07

The contemporary jazz group Airborne received an email from a American soldier fighting in Afghanistan, CSM Corey Woodard. It read:

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan with my battalion, consisting of soldiers, airmen, and Marines.

Many of my troops and I are avid smooth jazz listeners. However, we find it extremely difficult to get smooth jazz CDs here in such a remote and austere environment.

I would like to know if you or anyone you know would be willing to donate a few smooth jazz CDs to us during our deployment here in Afghanistan. Such a gift would greatly enhance my troops' morale and give them a reminder of the good life that they all enjoyed back at home.

We would greatly appreciate anything you could send to make this deployment better. You may send any items to the following address and I will ensure they are equally shared and distributed: Thanks in advance. --CSM Corey Woodard JLC-MCB APO AE 09354 330th Trans Bn (MC) Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan”

Airborne is sending a few copies of each of their 5 CDs and is asking fellow jazz musicians to help support our troops.

www.airbornejazz.com/

Ellie