PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Warrior With The Heart Of A Marine

JohnBTatum
12-06-06, 08:26 PM
G'Day Y'All,

I just wanted to offer an introduction to myself. I myself was not lucky enough to earn the title of United States Marine. But I do want to offer my services to you.

I am a disabled person, I have been disabled pretty much all of my life. Growing up I always wanted to become a Marine, perhaps even a Marine Aviator. But by the time I was 17, I could not walk unassisted. But in my heart, I feel strongly connected to the United States Marine Corps.

I grew up in Orange County, California. The former homes of the Tustin Marine Corps Helicopter Station, and El Toro Marine Corps Air Base, and not far up the road from Camp Pendelton. A tradition occured in my home when I was growing up. Every Thanksgiving and every Christmas, my parents would call the local bases, and invite a Marine who did not have any family nearby, to join us for dinner. It was an honor to have these men visit our home, and to give them some "family" to be with when their blood families were far away and they had nobody to spend the holidays with.

I may be disabled, and I may be bedridden or chairbound, but I am here to offer my thoughts and prayers for all of you, both Marines and Marine families.

I am unable to help financially for any of the programs to help your loved ones (care packages, bracelets, et cetera). So I am unable to contribute in any worldly way. But it would be a great honor to be there for anyone who needs prayer.

In obeyance of the rules of this message board, I am not going to post any of my homepage information here. I can be reached from my member ID with your prayer request. I do not want to intrude, but I want to offer my moral and prayer support for all of you.

I thank you all for your love and sacrifice. Giving your belved loved ones to this wonderful country of freedom, putting their lives on the line so that ALL can sleep peacefully at night. They stand on the wall, and watch. Some will "walk through the valley of the shadow of death", and return without a scratch, some may be injured or disabled, and some may offer the supreme sacrifice for their God, their Corps, and their Country. But their service shall NEVER be in vain, and their service shal NEVER be forgotten. I may have never had the honor of being called MARINE, but my heart is with all of you and so are my thoughts and prayers.

Semper Fidelius - Vocati Ad Servituium,

John

:usmc:Rev. Dr. John Benjamin Tatum, D.D., Ph.D. :usmc:
Praying For All Of You And Your Families

SuNmAN
12-06-06, 08:33 PM
God Bless you good sir

VASCO
12-08-11, 10:06 PM
Semper Fi my friend.
Only a small number in our society ever earn the right to be called Marine, but we don't earn it alone. The sacrifices go beyond our own physical and mental toughness to include our families and people like you and your family. I was one of the Marines that was invited to a home on Thanksgiving one year while at Tustin in the late 70's-80's. I do not think it was yours because I remember them having two daughters and not a son. I went back the next year and had another great Thanksgiving. Thank you and your family for being there for my fellow Marines.

awbrown1462
12-09-11, 07:19 AM
being an Orange County Marine I grew up in Fullerton and was stationed at El Toro my last 4 years in the Corps all I can say to you is thank you and God bless you Our boys in harms way need all the help they can get