PDA

View Full Version : Flag Burning

rapid_dagger
12-06-06, 04:24 PM
:thumbdown Justice Stevens says it is ok to burn Old Glory,WHAT Next, I do not buy the Freedom of Speech bit, To many good men and women have passed defending this great Flag:iwo:

SgtHopperUSMC
12-06-06, 05:03 PM
The process for retirement is to have a prayer service and then retire the flags by proper burning. See the following site

http://www.privatehenrykalinowski.org/html/flag_disposal.html

When I worked at our local courthouse I noticed our flag being put into a trash bag. I asked what was being done with it and was told it was being replaced. I asked what was done with the old one. He said we put it in the trash.

From that day on I was the "official flag keeper". Not another flag was put in the trash. I now have a new job and have no idea if someone is properly disposing of the flags.

I have noticed tattered flags on county property and landmarks this week. I think it's time I go back to the courthouse and remind them.:iwo:

SgtHMH
12-06-06, 05:20 PM
Well the first Flag was "Don't Tread On Me" United States Marine Corps
Nov 10, 1775, Stars and Stripes 1776, U.S. Marines don't stand behind the flag, we stand in front. The Corp was before the flag, it is a bad thing to burn ones nations flag. It should be a crime in it's own part and well protected. Only burned when wore out or can't be used anymore, which there is a duty done to do that.

Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss

FistFu68
12-06-06, 06:35 PM
:iwo: HAVE JUSTICE STEVEN'S,WRAP HIS AZZ;IN OLD GLORY!SHOW US HOW MUCH OF A MAN HE REALLY IS;THEN LITE 'EM UP!(SEMPER~FIDELIS):iwo:

mrbsox
12-07-06, 07:19 AM
This is an old topic, which has brought MUCH pointed debate over the years. I couldn't find links to a specific thread to link to. I'm thinking a POLL was done a couple of years back.

As I recall, I voted that IT MUST BE LEGAL to do so.

Now, let me advise you that it makes my blood boil to see my nations colors going up in flames and smoke. It makes my blood boil, that whom ever does it (if alien) gets to stay in this country, instead of having their a$$ sent back home.

For an American citizen to do it, they SHOULD (in my opinion) draw the wrath and condemnation of all his peers. OSTRASIZED (sp?) from society comes to mind, left out, ignored, shuned by society. :devious:

Like all of you, I swore '... to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic...'. Support and defend, regardless of my personal feelings. :flag:

Freedom of speech, is the numero uno right in the Bill of Rights, followed by the right to keep and bear arms. The defense of those rights MUST be absolute. Do do otherwise defeats the Constitution. You cannot legislate morality, stupidness, or free will.

And while my convictions force me to allow someone to burn my flag, as a concerned citizen, I must also keep the public safety in mind.
So, if I see a fire, it would be my responsibility, as a concerned citizen, to put the fire out, for public safety of course. :evilgrin:

Now, if some leftwingtreehuggingpantywaistedtofueating scumbag was to get in my way of putting the fire out, then so be it.

My 2 cents.

Terry

Sgt Leprechaun
12-07-06, 11:17 AM
While Stevens may say it's not illegal to burn the flag, it IS certainly illegal to have an unlicensed fire in an open area. And, if the flag is someone elses property, then, you have arson. We...

drumcorpssnare
12-07-06, 12:11 PM
Sgt.Leprechaun- It's obvious you are a U.S. Marine! You understand what it means to adapt and overcome. You are a quick thinker during a crisis.
While I understand and agree with First Amendment rights, I also know there are 'other' ways to protest.
So, it's comforting to know that "if" there happens to be a fire somewhere, that "might" potentially be "arson," and some little puke forgot his "burn permit," or he gets lippy when the Fire Dept. shows up, and is thereby "creating a disturbance," that somewhere out there is a Marine, who knows what to do.
These folks that have a tendancy toward pyromania, should take a lesson from the protester that recently burned himself to death. They should douse themselves with gas, put a cigarette in their mouth, and give me a call. I'll give 'em a light! And when they scream in anguish, "Aarrgh..It hurts! Put it out!!", I'll grab a fire-ax and go to puttin' that fire out!!!:banana:

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-07-06, 12:37 PM
Amen brother! And..thanks! :)