PDA

View Full Version : THIS is why it's taking so long to train Iraqi and Afghan Security Forces

Accord
12-06-06, 11:26 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6035829573425931592&q=afghan+army

And people wonder why it's taking countless years to train the security forces... and that's just morning PT, imagine teaching them marksmanship and small unit tactics and whatnot, haha.

jm4magic
12-06-06, 07:31 PM
Hmm... I dont know, Its pretty similar to the coastguard training

Christiansen
12-06-06, 07:33 PM
....or we could just belittle those that never had the balls to step up.

Accord
12-06-06, 07:54 PM
Everyone i've met from the USCG has been extremely professional and good to go, I can't say the same about any other branch except for the Marines. The USCG is one of the last branches you want to make fun of. Their bootcamp may not be tough but the rest of their training and everything is top notch and they have a ton of high quality people.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-06-06, 07:59 PM
The Coast Guard is supurb at what they do. And, they have a pretty cool mission. If I couldn't have been a Marine, I'd want to be a Coastie.

Achped
12-06-06, 08:02 PM
Everyone i've met from the USCG has been extremely professional and good to go, I can't say the same about any other branch except for the Marines. The USCG is one of the last branches you want to make fun of. Their bootcamp may not be tough but the rest of their training and everything is top notch and they have a ton of high quality people.

I second this. I live about seven seconds from a coast guard base and everyone I've met stationed there has been squared away.

jm4magic
12-06-06, 08:05 PM
My friend is in the Coastguard, he joined because he just wanted to do nothing and get paid.
Now he is just guarding a lake in <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on">Michigan</st1:State></ST1:p and he regrets it, because it’s boring as hell. Also Its pretty much the only branch my Marine buddies and I mess with.
My bad if I offended you or your friends in the Coastguard.

MC88
12-07-06, 12:11 AM
This is so great!!! Good find

Tim1418
12-07-06, 01:25 AM

There are Coast Guard men and women that have given and are giving their lives for this country. Believe it or not they have been in all major conflicts in the past and are currently serving in the current conflict, and yes have given their lives. I.E. A group of terrorists had a speed boat packed with explosives and rammed it into an oil port, killing several Coast Guardsmen - another example was of some Coast Guardsmen that were boarding a suspicious ship and it exploded.

One of the Coast Guards current roles is protecting Iraqi water ways and coasts, and some have died doing this.

Brief video of the Coast Guard, covers a to z (http://downloads.feedroom.com/t_assets/downloads/11696/t_assets/20060926/5a34f8fa0dc912c8aa01c9c316764d9b9e32b39f.wmv)

The Coast Guard is an excellent branch, and are the best at what they do.