PDA

View Full Version : My opinion - nobody else's

thedrifter
01-27-03, 01:46 PM
Passing it along.................

Date: 1/19/2003 1:30:52 PM Eastern Standard Time

Let me preface what I say next with this statement. I have been to War, in fact I have been to War where the Government was doing the wrong thing (Vietnam), but the troops had the right moral idea's and goals. I like many others have shed my blood for those ideals, and, being a Combat Grunt, I have witnessed many of my brothers lose there limbs, eyes, and yes even their lives. So with that said I feel I can comment on what took place yesterday, because it is what the military of this great Nation has done for freedom, that allows people like the ones I witnessed yesterday to run there mouths, but these same people are unwilling to pay the price for the freedom they enjoy.
Yesterday I watched the Peace rally in Washington, D.C., and I have never witnessed anything so un-American in my life. Parts of the rally were like a Political campaign against the President. Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark, called for the impeachment of President Bush, and saying Clinton was impeached for no reason, and Bush has broken the Law. That he had violated the Constitution, and the U.N. Charter. Well the last time I looked the U.N. Charter has no baring on the impeachment of our President. Ramsey Clark was a part of the Johnson administration, a Democratic President...... Some of the supposed people who are looked on as leaders were; Democratic presidential candidate Rev. Al Sharpton, you know the guy from N.Y. who lied to the police, claming a black 15 year old girl had been raped by white men. Rev. Jesse Jackson, another man of the cloth, who gave President Clinton advise, while at the same time was cheating on his wife, and using Rainbow Coalition money to support his Girlfriend. Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark, who has no clue about the rules of impeachment. Former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney who wants the money from the military to spend her way, which would leave us defenseless, and wants no tax cuts which would give money back to the people who pay taxes. Actress Jessica Lange, who is a complete nut, who needs to get a grip on reality, and numerous anti-American foreign groups, which included some muslim Radicals, such as the Palestinians, who have been blowing up innocent civilians in Israel.

As they scanned through the audience you could see the mindless people agreeing to chants of, Get America out of the arab world, help support Palestine, get America out of the Philippines (I think we should have left there and let them go broke), and I would ask them where do they think they would have been during W.W.II., and on, and on.

These people never thought about what they were endorsing, or thought for one minute who was a part of the coalition, International ANSWER (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism) 'which was formed three days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as a response to the Bush administration's war on terrorism at home and abroad.' * Some of the membership in my opinion are some of the most reprehensible people you would like to meet, all wanting to see the demise of our great land.

Never once did I hear any complains about Saddams starvation of his own people, by selling provided food for things he and his Military need. Or for the killing of the Kurds. Or for his Chemical weapon supply, that is a treat to Humans, and the Planet itself. No one seemed to mind the speakers who were of Palestinian, and Arab decent who spoke out against America. These are the same type of people who spoke against America on September 11th 2001, by killing innocent people, including Police, and Firemen. How could these people condone the kind of speeches they were listening to, and not question the motive to this rally. They showed more support for Saddam Hussein than our President. To quote a protester from Titusville, FL. quoted in the Washington Post "Saddam Hussein hasn't done anything to us in 11 years" (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12152-2003Jan18.html)
This tells me the kind of people these protesters are. If it doesn't affect me you can kill others, and we won't try to stop you. Selfish slime balls like this need to get a life.
These people have the same moral fiber of the people during W.W.II who did nothing about the mass murder of 6,000,000 Jews by Hitler.

I do not condone War, but I will not let others live in desperation, dominated by cruel despots, who think only of themselves, and not their people.

Granted I am sure there are many more things to the Proposed War with Iraq, but we need to remove Saddam Hussein, and we also need to quite supporting leaders that are a threat to us later. (understand why we supported these countries in the first place).

If this is what the peace protesters are about, then I am glad I am not a part of that movement.

Enough Said

* from same article in the Washington Post linked above.
--
Tony C.

Once a Marine.......... ...Always a Marine

OOORAHHH !!!!!

Sempers,

Roger

United We Stand
God Bless America

Remember our POW/MIA's
I'll never forget!

SHOOTER1
01-27-03, 09:44 PM
Yur rite bones, they are what i call To Dumb To Live And Procreate,

wrbones
01-28-03, 12:56 AM
:D Drifter posted that one!

But I was thinking it!

yellowwing
01-28-03, 09:34 AM
I think WWII spoiled us. No one can doubt that we fought that one for all mankind. Certainly no doubt among us. Sgt Basilone won the Medal of Honor and still returned to duty at Iwo Jima.

USMC-FO
01-28-03, 12:02 PM
Your points are very well made 'Drifter" I don't think there are many in here that would argue with anything mentioned in your post.

One of the things that makes this such a great country is that we grant, by right, the privilage to allow all sort of fringe thinking to speak out against our government. Would be interesting to see this group head to Iraq or North Korea and take a point as strongly against those governments as they take here and see what that would get them!

No matter how simpleminded the thinking these fringes have the right to speak out. All Americans have the perfect right to make asses of themselves regardless of the issue. These folks will never accept that the US has the right to aggressively pursue our self defence. Many would, I think, rather die than admit to that point. I look at them with amusement more than anything else, many are just as American as you and I, just more ignorant to certain realities.