PDA

View Full Version : Army Strong Recruiting Campaign

yellowwing
12-05-06, 11:47 PM
US Army Releases New Recruiting Poster

By Michael Kannon, Yellowwing Press (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=3114)
Tues Dec 5, 2006

Washington DC - The United States Army has started spending more of its 200 million dollar recruitment effort. Today's announcement came with the unveiling of the Army's new recruiting poster, feature the slogan Army Strong.

The McCann Worldgroup aided by Edward Palmer Research Labs (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=3100) wanted to show Army soldiers in action in Iraq and Afghanistan demonstrating its "Strong" moniker.

http://www.ywg-web.com/images/army-strong.jpg

Accord
12-06-06, 12:45 AM
That is outstanding, haha.

USMCVet1992
12-06-06, 02:04 AM
That is probably the funniest thing I have seen in a long time... I wonder how many HOOAH's that is worth?

Hectic
12-06-06, 06:32 AM
I'm not even going to say it.

Accord
12-06-06, 09:58 AM
"There is nothing stronger, than a Army Soldier!"

...isn't that false advertising by the Army? :)

yellowwing
12-06-06, 12:38 PM

...isn't that false advertising by the Army? :)
I guess you would have to ask that smiling camel. :banana:

Hobson
12-06-06, 12:48 PM

...isn't that false advertising by the Army? :) I do find humor in what you're saying, but bashing the Army, or any service as a poolee shouldn't be tolerated. They all wear the American Uniform.

poolie13
12-06-06, 12:59 PM
Why does the ARMY keep changing their slogans? (Army of one)->(Army strong) I'm sure theres others!

BR34
12-06-06, 06:10 PM
Why does the ARMY keep changing their slogans? (Army of one)->(Army strong) I'm sure theres others!

Be all that you can be...In the Army...

Maybe I'm older than I thought...

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 09:32 AM

because they need to recruit more people than the Marine Corps and are constantly finding new ways to up their recruiting goals.

I actually like the US Army commercials they look real cool

lol as a matter of fact, once my obligation is up and I finish college, I'm considering a career as a US Army Ranger Officer

just considering for now though

USMCVet1992
12-07-06, 10:13 AM
because they need to recruit more people than the Marine Corps and are constantly finding new ways to up their recruiting goals.

I actually like the US Army commercials they look real cool

lol as a matter of fact, once my obligation is up and I finish college, I'm considering a career as a US Army Ranger Officer

just considering for now though

Why would you want to take the step down from being one of the finest, most highly trained, highly effective pieces of killing aparati on the planet, to be an Army Ranger, and an Officer none the less.... Square yourself away Marine, move forward with your career in the MARINE CORPS! If you want Special Ops, go to the indoc and work toward getting into Recon, but don't give up the Corps for the Army, you will hate it!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-07-06, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I mean come on. I can assure you, the army treats it's troopies like hammered crap. I work on an army base as a civilian, and they are some of the dumbest, micro-managed, slovenly pieces of debris you'll ever have the sorry misfortune to run across. There are very dang few of them I'd trust to lead a patrol out of the head with a mag-lite and a map...

And ain't none of em officers.

You'll have more authority as a Squad Leader Corporal in the Corps than you will as an E-8 in the army.

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 12:20 PM
I've got a lot to think about

1. Marine Pilot
2. Ranger
3. Civilian career

are the three things I'm contemplating right now lol

Sgt Leprechaun
12-07-06, 12:39 PM
True, true. But stay the heck away from the army...I'm tellin ya!!

Accord
12-07-06, 12:48 PM
I've got a lot to think about

1. Marine Pilot
2. Ranger
3. Civilian career

are the three things I'm contemplating right now lol
Why aren't you considering staying enlisted for 20 years and retiring as a Gunny?

USMCVet1992
12-07-06, 01:15 PM
None of them Officers? Are you talking about Rangers? I know quite a few Officers that are Rangers, but still not Marines right? As far as your options, if I were in your shoes, the only one that is really a good one is #1. (#2 should be something in the Corps, and #3 should also be something in the Corps.) I sure as HE** wouldnt leave the Corps for the Army. If you want to be an Officer and you want SpecOps type of duty, become an Officer in the Corps and take the Recon Indoc.

Sorry, need to clarify a bit, I was asking SGT if he was saying that there are no Army Rangers that are Officers.

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 01:16 PM
Why aren't you considering staying enlisted for 20 years and retiring as a Gunny?

its not for me lol.

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 01:17 PM
None of them Officers? Are you talking about Rangers? I know quite a few Officers that are Rangers, but still not Marines right? As far as your options, if I were in your shoes, the only one that is really a good one is #1. (#2 should be something in the Corps, and #3 should also be something in the Corps.) I sure as HE** wouldnt leave the Corps for the Army. If you want to be an Officer and you want SpecOps type of duty, become an Officer in the Corps and take the Recon Indoc.

Yeah I really have a lot to think about

still have 2.5 years at least at the University of Illinois and Uncle Sam might squeeze in a tour in Iraq during that time frame too lol

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 01:18 PM
True, true. But stay the heck away from the army...I'm tellin ya!!

I know its a childish and immature thing haha but I really kinda want the Ranger tab

Accord
12-07-06, 01:26 PM
I know its a childish and immature thing haha but I really kinda want the Ranger tab
I'd rather have the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor than a tab. The EGA represents 230 years of history of the greatest fighting organization in the world, you can't even compare a Ranger Tab which has only been around for 60 years!

DWG
12-07-06, 01:27 PM
Yeah I really have a lot to think about

still have 2.5 years at least at the University of Illinois and Uncle Sam might squeeze in a tour in Iraq during that time frame too lol

You don't get your ass off this forum and start studying it might take more than 2.5 yrs! :( Noticed you had mentioned earlier you were escapng study on here. It's amazing how anything ELSE will attract your attention when it's time to crack the books. My wife actually started watching football for the first time in her life when she started back to school. :D Now start studying!:evilgrin:

mighty mouse
12-07-06, 06:45 PM
lol lol lol lol lol lol " Be'in all you can be"

mighty mouse
12-07-06, 06:46 PM
lol lol lol lol lol. "Be'in all you can be"

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 07:16 PM
You don't get your ass off this forum and start studying it might take more than 2.5 yrs! :( Noticed you had mentioned earlier you were escapng study on here. It's amazing how anything ELSE will attract your attention when it's time to crack the books. My wife actually started watching football for the first time in her life when she started back to school. :D Now start studying!:evilgrin:

lol yeah no kidding !!!

USMCVet1992
12-07-06, 09:11 PM
Well best of luck in your decision Marine, it sounds like you have a lot of things to consider.

SuNmAN
12-07-06, 09:20 PM
thanks...I really do

now lets give the poolee hall back to the poolees haha