PDA

View Full Version : Free NRA Membership to Active-Duty Marines

akclark
12-04-06, 03:45 PM
ok.. so it applies to Saliors, Airmen and Soldiers too.

http://www.nra.org/supportourtroops/

Semper Fi,
Clark

drumcorpssnare
12-04-06, 03:56 PM
My God, when the liberals see this....They're gonna say the NRA is fomenting a revolution; they'll be arming all the disenfranchised angry vets of the Iraq conflict, TO OVERTAKE THE COUNTRY!!! Where's "Chicken Little" when you need him? It's the Apocolyps! The end is near!

The moderates and conservatives will be saying, "Oh....that's nice." (yawn)

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

ggyoung
12-05-06, 11:52 AM
I became a life member in 1965. I was in Vietnam at that time. I became a "emdowment" member a few years ago.

drumcorpssnare
12-05-06, 02:32 PM
IMHO, law abiding citizens should NEVER be deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights.
There's a lot of nut-cases out there that believe "guns cause crime." Those of us with a lick of sense understand...people cause crimes. If you take the guns away from the criminals, they will use knives. When you take away their knives, they'll use a club, etc. People are gonna kill each other. Get used to it!
Our founding fathers had the wisdom to understand the logic of allowing the citizenry to bear arms. They did not add a caveat that said, "If things change in a hundred years, then scrap this idea."

Also, I saw a sweatshirt that had on it, a polar bear holding an M-16. So, yes...I am in favor of the right to arm bears.:banana:

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Camper51
12-05-06, 03:45 PM
I will never join the NRA.

Why?

I do NOT believe that the average american citizen should have the right to own weapons such as the Mac10, etc... whose only purpose is to kill people and cannot be used safely or morally for hunting/target shooting, etc...

When the NRA comes to it's senses on these types of weapons, then I will support the NRA.

I firmly believe in the right to own and bear arms, however our militia (National Guard, etc) has it's own arsenals and privately owned weapons are NOT allowed to be used.

Sporting arms, those used for target shooting and hunting, should be available to all citizens who have not lost the right to own them but we have no need for fully automatic machine guns or guns whose only purpose is the destruction of human life. I really don't even feel that collectors should have them.

Americans can own arms for self protection, hunting, target shooting, etc. I have absolutely no problem with this, however just because someone has too much testosterone, or is just feeling overly macho he, or she still has no need or right, in my mind, to own something like a mac10, tommy gun, etc...

ggyoung
12-05-06, 06:53 PM
camper51++++++++++If you give the anti gunners one inch they will take 10 miles. We as a country need the 2ed admn. I don't know if you were in Vietnam or not but when you looked around and saw a ciliven with any kind of a wepon he or she was killed. That is what a bunch of people want here in the USA. You know some of them, the fat drunk one from Mass. kennaday the ulgy ***** from N.Y. cliton and I could go on and on with names of high goverment. Remember the revelation of 1776? The 2ed admenment gave us the right to keep and bare arms to fight teraney(sp). Most jackass's are afared of people with guns. So they want to take them away from all of us.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-06-06, 06:43 AM
The problem, camper, is that the folks who want to ban Mac10s, etc, just don't stop with those. And, BTW, you have to have a license from the fed to own a machine gun, anyway. It's called a Class 3 FFL, and they are expensive to get, and keep.

Personally, I think the MAC's and TEK's are pieces of crap that I would rather use as a boat anchor. They aren't even fun to shoot, IMO.

I've been a member of the NRA in the past, and may become one again. I would advise, however, if anyone does become a member, to not advertise it. (Something I learned a long time ago from an older/wiser cop buddy). Why? Easy. Anyone with half a brain sees the "NRA" sticker on your vehicle/house, and can figure out there are probably gonna be guns inside. While that may scare off the predators, the other critters make a 'mental note', and you get burglarized....

I say, keep em guessin....

Oh...lastly....this 'infowars' site reminds me of someone who believes in the 'vast right wing conspiracy'...

And, again, anything quoting Cynthia McKinney (now gone from office as a Congresscritter, D, Ga, thankfully) is totally suspect.