PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Answers for New Pilot Naturalization Exam

Ed Palmer
12-03-06, 08:37 AM
Questions and Answers for New Pilot Naturalization Exam

On November 30, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Director Emilio Gonzalez announced the release of 144 questions and answers for the pilot test of a new naturalization exam. USCIS will administer the pilot exam to about 5,000 volunteer citizenship applicants in 10 cities beginning in early 2007.

USCIS included new questions that focus on the concepts of democracy and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship. In designing the new exam, USCIS received assistance and worked with test development contractors, U.S. history and government scholars, and English as a Second Language experts. USCIS also sought input from a variety of stakeholders, including immigrant advocacy groups, citizenship instructors and District Adjudications Officers.

The pilot will allow USCIS to work out any problems and refine the exam before it is fully implemented nationwide in the spring of 2008.

During the trial period, volunteer applicants who choose to take the pilot exam can immediately take the current exam if they incorrectly answer a pilot question. To pass, applicants will have to correctly answer six of 10 selected questions. The 10 pilot test sites are: Albany, NY; Boston, MA; Charleston, SC; Denver, CO; El Paso, TX; Kansas City, MO; Miami, FL; San Antonio, TX; Tucson, AZ; and Yakima, WA.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=dcf5e1df53b2f010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCR D

OLE SARG
12-03-06, 10:06 AM
This is BS, this test covers mostly questions about being PC. I would be more interested in a pilot's knowledge of flying than if Jose came across the borber in what town in Arizona!!!!!!!
This **** is becoming so rediculous it's pathetic!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
12-03-06, 12:28 PM
Has anyone witnessed the present citizenship test ? I have twice. Once at a local Junior college and again at a Federal facility.

At the junior college there were more people than citizenship examinations tests available, sorta looked like people pushing in line for the newest X-Box sale. The test administrators weren't supervising very well (Junior college officials), I saw Hispanics blatantly helping each other.

At the federal facility it was tough, they brought you in an office one on one and if you brought someone with you, you had to identify yourself and were told to keep your mouth shut. The examiner was stern and her identity was not revealed.

The test had ten questions, multiple guess; it looked like one of those cheap mimeographed tests you took in high school in the '50's.

My wife studied diligently for the test, but the test layout was confusing for her, the multiple guess answers were in two columns under the question and separated by a very large tab across the page. Yep, she didn't see the answers in the far right column. I saw that she was confused and choosing the best answer of the left column even though she knew it was wrong. I raised my hand and the examiner asked what did I want ? (YES!) I said, "I do not think she sees the answers in the far right column." The cat was out of the bag http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif and my wife passed what would be a failed test otherwise. The examiner probably had to get a new eraser for that pencil, whew...

During the Oath of Citizenship weeks later at the Federal building in Chicago, there were noticeably allot of very old people, mostly Asian in wheelchairs, some appeared to be sleeping or only god knows what, during the ceremony. I'm still wondering what that was all about.

Only in America.

SF
10th