PDA

View Full Version : One Week From Today

NewOrleansLady
12-01-06, 11:53 AM
I will be bringing home my new Marine from Boot Camp at P.I. :)

I don't know if this is the correct forum to put this in, but I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you for being here for me. I know I haven't posted much, but reading your forums (both Marine and Poolee) have really helped me through the past 12 weeks.

I also want to say a very special THANK YOU to all of the Marines I have chatted with in the Chat Room and have been with me so often to answer my questions, reassure me when there were no letters, and cheer with me when my son shot EXPERT on the range :banana:.

A big HUG to all of you. You have helped me in more ways than I could ever name and I'll never forget all of you!

:flag:

jinelson
12-01-06, 12:19 PM
My congratulations to your new Marine NOL! Enjoy the ceremonies you will be one proud Mom.

Jim

quillhill
12-01-06, 01:31 PM
Do you have any pics of your son from right before he left for recruit training? I would love to see those and then pics of him at graduation. That way, we can all see the transformation, and I bet that will inspire the many poolees here waiting to ship.

And NewOrleansLady, it takes a lot to be a military parent, especially a mom, and I admire you tremendously for caring so much about your son, his training and his quest to become a Marine.

Enjoy the graduation ceremonies next week. Take a camera, a few of them little packages of tissues (you will cry, but it's the good kind) and maybe your son's favorite junk food. I bet you anything he will appreciate his mom more than ever.

NewOrleansLady
12-01-06, 02:30 PM
Quillhill,

The picture in my profile shows Marc just one week before he left for Parris Island. The picture is actually of our whole family.

I will look for a better picture of Marc to post and I will definitely post pictures after graduation.

jcdc1
12-01-06, 06:19 PM
NOL,
congratulations to your son who next week will be my brother. You will not only notice the physical changes, but he will be a new man, a better man. God bless

SEMPER FI,
Pete:beer:

SgtHMH
12-01-06, 10:39 PM
Well have fun, all the Marines you chatted with their familys went through the samethings your going through as did mine. You will be joining a branch of the armed services of differant traditions than the others. We are the only branch that has a birthday party for it service and we know everything about it's history. We are not a branch we are a breed " MARINE ".

Semper Fi, and welcome to the wild bunch.

Sgt. Hoss

Marine84
12-02-06, 09:01 AM
welcome to the wild bunch.

OOHRAH!

I went to a graduation back in September - it was WAY different from the stands - the coolest part of the ceremony (for me) was when they do the pass and review and the DIs retire the platoon (he/she marches away from the platoon) and at the end when they're told to fall out and ALLLLLLLLL of them yell "FALL OUT AYE AYE SIR/MA'AM" - then they all do an about face and scatter like mice - I think they take a step back before doing the about face (not too sure - too early in the morning) but, it's an awesome sight to see! Hell, it made ME tear up and none of them were even RELATED to me! I can't IMAGINE how it makes the Moms feel! You'll see that a lot of what you tried to teach him all of his life (manners - most of the time, sitting up straight, don't slouch, etc), the Corps is going to polish.

Congratulations and welcome to the family.

quillhill
12-02-06, 12:17 PM
Quillhill,

The picture in my profile shows Marc just one week before he left for Parris Island. The picture is actually of our whole family.

I will look for a better picture of Marc to post and I will definitely post pictures after graduation.

Oh, cool! I didn't even think to look at your profile. Heh. I usually only scope out the profiles of the Poolees when I'm curious about how old they are or where they're from or whatever.

I look forward to seeing the pics of him as a Marine. I mean, considering the differences in my brother from before he left for Air Force basic training and after, I can only imagine twice the training does for a Marine recruit. Heh. ;)