PDA

View Full Version : Airport Security Should Be Profiling Arabs

thedrifter
12-01-06, 05:19 AM
Airport Security Should Be Profiling Arabs

by Ann Coulter
Posted Nov 29, 2006

The six imams removed from a US Airways flight last week have apparently adopted my suggestion that if they really want to protest the airline, instead of boycotting US Airways, they should start flying it frequently.

The spokesman for the imams -- or as I believe it's phrased in their culture, "designated liar" -- Omar Shahin, staged a protest at Reagan Washington National Airport on Monday, after which, according to the Associated Press, "he and other religious leaders boarded a US Airways flight to demonstrate their determination to continue praying and flying."

The original six imams removed from the flight last week first attracted attention when they said prayers to Allah on traditional Muslim prayer rugs in the boarding area. After boarding, they changed seats, spreading themselves throughout the plane. They were also overheard spouting anti-American rhetoric. Witnesses said the six men appeared to be either Islamic fanatics or U.S. Army chaplains on leave from Guantanamo.

Following the lead of FEMA in keeping Americans safe, the Homeland Security Department's Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties is investigating the removal of the imams from the US Airways flight. (Talk about coincidences -- I'm currently investigating the removal of the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties from the Department of Homeland Security!)

Imam spokesman Shahin is a great example of why airport security ought to be profiling Arabs. Shahin's predecessor at the Islamic Center in Tucson was Osama bin Laden's financier and head of logistics -- until he was arrested in Saudi Arabia in 2002.

Instead of aggressively distinguishing himself from his terrorist predecessor, judging by news reports, Shahin spent the five years after 9/11 denying that Muslims were behind the attacks and complaining of phony anti-Islamic "hate crimes" -- as opposed to the pro-Islamic hate crimes he presumably endorses.

In 2003, for example, Shahin alleged that a woman in Arizona had thrown shoes at children at the mosque.

This is the most transparent hoax I've heard since, "If I did it, here's how I would have done it." This is like the joke about a speaker at an American communist rally opening with: "Workers and peasants of Brooklyn!" Shahin has so little insight into this country, he can't even invent a believable hate crime.

It's Arabs who have a thing about shoes being a sign of disrespect, not Americans. When Iraqis toppled the statue of Saddam Hussein, the crowd immediately pelted it with shoes. Saddam installed a mosaic of the first president Bush's face on the ground floor of his palace so that visitors would be forced to disrespect Bush by walking on his visage in their shoes.

Shahin himself couldn't get away from this pan-Arabic shoe fetish, adding: "The incidents of Muslims being attacked kind of shocked me in my shoes." Note to imams trying to fabricate hate crimes against Muslims: Americans don't share your shoe neurosis.

At Reagan National this week, Rabbis joined the Muslims at the prayer protest -- though one imagines they did not share this prayer from the Hadith: "And the Jews will hide behind the rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: 'O Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!'" In fairness, they usually save that one for the high holidays, like the "Festival of the Six Dead Jews" or "Honor Killing Week."

Nor this one, also from the Hadith: "The Prophet said: 'The Hour will not take place until the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims kill them. The Muslims will kill the Jews. Rejoice! Rejoice in Allah's victory!'" (Is it just me, or might some fanatic twist those words into an excuse to kill Jews?)

Also strange was that the NAACP has piped in to complain about racial profiling of Muslims. The only reason Americans feel guilty about "racial profiling" against blacks is because of the history of discrimination against blacks in this country.

What did we do to the Arabs? I believe Americans are the victims in that relationship. After the attacks of 9/11, profiling Muslims is more like profiling the Klan.

Ellie

horselady
12-01-06, 10:25 PM
Horse Puckey

We all know the real terrorists are Rodeo Clowns...

http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-national.php?Id=2482&yr=2006

Bush Signs Animal Terrorism Act into Law

USAgNet (http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com/story-national.php?Id=2482&yr=2006)
Friday, December 1, 2006

President Bush has signed the 'Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act,' which expands criminal prohibitions against the use of force, violence, and threats involving animal enterprises and increases penalties for violations of these prohibitions.
As defined by the bill, 'animal enterprises' include commercial and academic enterprises that use or sell animals or animal products for profit, food, agriculture, education, research and testing.

This definition also includes equine activities such as rodeo, horse shows and similar lawful equine events.

Sponsored by Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) and Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), this bill amends the Animal Enterprise Act of 1992. The American Horse Council was a major supporter of that legislation and worked hard with other industry groups to make sure that the final legislation protected horse events.

The Senate passed the bill by unanimous consent in September, just prior to the Congressional recess. A similar bill, H.R. 4239, was approved by the House of Representatives this month. <!--end-->

I think that's a great law. Although in my end of the horse world, our own
horse show association has very srict rules about abusing the horses in
any way, with very stiff penalties imposed to violaters as well as suspension
or expulsion from all recognized horse shows. Where this law will have the
biggest effect is in the way horses are allowed to be transported and used
for slaughter. Without this bill, horses are often crammed into trucks so tightly they can't even move, are not fed or watered for days sometimes, and often
arrive dead at the slaughter houses. I think the bill also includes something
about not allowing horse carcasses to be shipped to foreign countries for
food consumption. This will cut down significantly on the numbers of young, healthy, privately owned horses being stolen and sent to the slaughter houses for profit.

I've worked with a horse rescue organization and you wouldn't believe how
some people abuse and neglect their animals. I'd like to send those people
to the slaughter houses.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/timedjumpoff/thgif_ANGRYHORSE.gif

greensideout
12-01-06, 10:53 PM
Airport profiling has reached an end. They no longer want to see your profile but instead your naked body---lol. It's about the new Airport X-Ray Machine.
You can see the story at USA TODAY.com.