PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Research

USMCVet1992
11-29-06, 11:53 AM
:evilgrin: Poolees, do some research before you start looking for the easy answer. I have seen a lot of questions here concerning things that pop right up on a Google search. There are some answers that you seek that you are going to receive the wrong advise or the wrong answer. Those of us that are Marines are sometimes a little too proud to say "I don't know" because we know that we are always right about everything. :marine: The answers are out there, you just need to do the research and find them. Do not misunderstand me. I am not saying to stop asking questions, just do some research and then ask if you dont understand and need further explanation. Things you will all need IF you become Marines, is the ability to think quickly, the ability to adapt, and the ability to overcome in the face of a stressful and/or dangerous situation. The key to being able to achieve those things is being able to think outside the box, and sometimes staying within the box. Learning to find the answers now, may later teach you how to find them later when you need them the most. When the Marines on here tell you to do your research, it is not because they simply do not want to answer, they want you to learn the importance and gratification of knowing that you have the ability to find the answers on your own, without being handed to you.

Just my .02 cents worth.
:usmc:

jinelson
11-29-06, 12:32 PM
Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!

Anyone remember seeing this rule before?

Jim