PDA

View Full Version : How often does your RS/RSS have pool functions?

Accord
11-28-06, 11:53 PM
My RSS only has pool functions once a month, I wish we had them more often because they're so fun and so motivating. I'm jealous of all you guys who have pool functions every single week.

crzyredneck
11-29-06, 12:41 AM
We have ours once a month also, The second Saturday of the month, unless something is planned before...

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-29-06, 01:09 AM
We did ours once a month, and I hated them. We ran a PFT, got yelled at for not bringing in more referrals, got yelled at for not getting the recruiters more new people to contact, got thrashed a little, and then went on our way.

Of course, it worked. We were a bunch of jerks, and were able to understand them acting like that towards us.

Motorola07
11-29-06, 01:23 AM
We did have ours every week. But since it gets dark at 1800 cst they do every other Saturdays at 0930.

Christiansen
11-29-06, 03:18 AM
Weekly RSS local poolee session on tuesday from 1800 to 20/2100 (about 8 poolees at max.)

A Monthly joint poolee session with the commanding RS above us. Usually laser tag, bowling or just informing the CO about our status, ship-date, and any personal problems with school or medical. (about 15-20 max.)

Once or twice a year we'll have a regional event where about 10-15 RS and RSS's around ohio come together and have a field day with MREs or go to a local USMC-Naval reserve center to practice the obstacle course. (300 +/- is a pretty fair guess.)

Also, lately we've had quite a few "whoever shows up" events on off days like football with the army or piling in the gov and recruit at Lowes, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Walmart.

We were also strongly encouraged by our last recruiter to occasionally meet up on our free-time with a poolee who is out of shape or overweight and PT, or study with a fellow poolee that has shown poor results on the ASVAB.

Achped
11-29-06, 05:57 AM
Man, I dont have a huge RS or anything, but every tues and thurs we have easily 25 people out there PTing. Our pool functions are HUGEEE...

Dec 9th our Sgt. Major is gonna be there.

Hectic
11-29-06, 06:50 AM
First three Wednesday's at 1645 we have them ,usually about 30 people, and then the first Saturday at 0645. Usually we run and do knowledge, or drill movements. Sometimes we will hike or play football. The last two or three we have done grappling, or ground fighting.

jackson07
11-29-06, 07:36 AM
Second Saturday of the month.

ianmusto
11-29-06, 08:12 AM
Our pool functions usually consist of us going to a different Marine Core recruting station and beating them in sports like football, paintball, and whatever. They're a lot of fun. Try mixing it up with paintball.

Accord
11-29-06, 09:22 AM
Man, I dont have a huge RS or anything, but every tues and thurs we have easily 25 people out there PTing. Our pool functions are HUGEEE...

Dec 9th our Sgt. Major is gonna be there.
Twice a week? Damn you're lucky Matt.