PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

Wolfman07
11-27-06, 03:20 PM
I originally signed up to be a reservist but have decided to change my contract to active duty and change my mos. My question is has anyone else done this and what will i have to redo at MEPS? Not a huge deal just would like to know. Thank you in advance.

Kildars
11-27-06, 04:31 PM
No your recruiter should be able to change it w/o you going through MEPS.

Wolfman07
11-27-06, 04:35 PM
It's not changing the mos, it's the that I'm changing my status from reserve to active.

Kildars
11-27-06, 04:49 PM
He should be able to do that without you going through MEPS.

Wolfman07
11-27-06, 04:55 PM
No, I do have to go back to MEPS because I am technically dropping out of the dep and then getting right back in with the status of active duty. Dead sure of it because my recruiter told me that i will have to go back. But thanks for the input.

Kildars
11-27-06, 04:58 PM
Usually a recruiter can fax the forms over, have them do it, then have them fax them back. I switched from reserves to active duty and I did not have to go back to MEPS.

Wolfman07
11-27-06, 05:12 PM
Umm... that interesting, I had a couple friends who did it last year and i know that they were sent back to MEPS. Thats weird maybe It's just the way my recruiter does thing. I was just interested in what goes on and if anybodys done the same. Thanks.

Kildars
11-27-06, 05:21 PM
I'm not a Marine or recruiter so Im just saying from my personal experience..

but ask yourself why you would have to go back to MEPS? It's just a couple of different papers, no difference on the medical exam or the swearing in. They invented a fax machine for a reason ;).

Wolfman07
11-27-06, 06:34 PM
That would be the easiest way, but it looks like ill be going back to MEPS. Talked to one of those friends that switch and they just make you do parts of the underwear olympics again and the doc and background guys question you a little bit, basicly asking you if anythings changed. Not scared about it becasue I have probably the cleanist history ever. Not even a speeding ticket, surprising because I drive a hot red sports car. LOL

jackson07
11-27-06, 07:58 PM
My history was the same. Nothing. I didn't have to go back to MEPS though, the Gunny did the paper work and I was good to go, didn't have to sign anything. Yes, I am sure I have a DC contract. I have a copy of it, and have saw it in the computer on the server.

TylerA23
11-27-06, 09:24 PM
going to MEPS that big of a deal haha? I loved the Hotel we stayed at for MEPS in Montgomery Alabama... I asked my recruiter to send me back up there, he laughed... lol I really enjoyed the Hotel. (not the actual MEPS part though)

Soon2BeVIP
11-27-06, 09:37 PM
going to MEPS that big of a deal haha? I loved the Hotel we stayed at for MEPS in Montgomery Alabama... I asked my recruiter to send me back up there, he laughed... lol I really enjoyed the Hotel. (not the actual MEPS part though)
Agreed...the hotel I stayed outside of Boston was so sick. Plus hanging out with everyone the night before was hilarious. Even MEPS wasn't that bad though. I mean, I'd rather be at MEPS with an excused abscence from school than actually being at school.

Motorola07
11-27-06, 11:06 PM
My recruiter told me I have to go back up to MEPS. Said I have to resign some papers. That there is no other way to do it without going back to MEPS.

MAN... I loved the hotel to... Almost got in trouble though, because at 11 we were suppose to be in the rooms, my roomate and I went out to get something from vending machine and the guy that was on duty, told us if he caches us outside our room again, hes going to kick us out of here. Don't know about you but I didn't want that to happen.

Soon2BeVIP
11-27-06, 11:11 PM
My recruiter told me I have to go back up to MEPS. Said I have to resign some papers. That there is no other way to do it without going back to MEPS.

MAN... I loved the hotel to... Almost got in trouble though, because at 11 we were suppose to be in the rooms, my roomate and I went out to get something from vending machine and the guy that was on duty, told us if he caches us outside our room again, hes going to kick us out of here. Don't know about you but I didn't want that to happen.
Oh wow, whatever guy was on duty for us wasn't that picky. Because I think 20 out of the 25 of us there smoked. And at exactly 11 my roomate wanted to smoke one last cig so we went outside instead of up to our room. Then when we came back inside 15 or 20 minutes later because of talking the guy on duty was like "Hurry on up to your rooms, technically I should've asked you to come inside earlier, but just go up quick"

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-28-06, 12:12 AM
WOW, things have changed. I got to the hotel about 10 minutes before the bus left to go to MEPS. We'd been out partying just about all night.

Before I left to go to boot camp I was in the hotel, but not in my room. There were some ladies going to Army boot camp the next day, and we decided it would be more fun to hang out with each other that night.

proachbass91
11-28-06, 02:14 AM
WOW, things have changed. I got to the hotel about 10 minutes before the bus left to go to MEPS. We'd been out partying just about all night.

Before I left to go to boot camp I was in the hotel, but not in my room. There were some ladies going to Army boot camp the next day, and we decided it would be more fun to hang out with each other that night.

Good thinking Cpl.

Marine Shu
11-29-06, 12:03 AM
Wolfman, ask your SNCOIC about a request for pool modification. There should be something that he can put on there about a request to change from reserves to active.

kerill07
11-29-06, 04:22 PM
I changed from Reserve to Active and did not have to back to MEPS. Thank god, I dreaded MEPS. The Hotel was great, however I was told not to eat certain things nor go to the pool. I was also roomed with a very weird Army recruit who was going to boot camp the next day.