PDA

View Full Version : There is something worse than showing up to boot camp with a USMC tattoo...

Accord
11-27-06, 12:25 AM
So Matt and I were just talking about how to get yourself murdered at bootcamp and we decided that there was something worse than showing up with a USMC tattoo, and that would be showing up wearing one of these:

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=CAMP&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D13%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tre e%3D%2CApparel&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D14%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tre e%3D0%2CClothing&2=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D133%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tr ee%3D1%2CCamo%2FUtilites&HSLB=False&mscssid=050CDDA42F6A246FC8512BD92C2C4FDA

I would pay big money to see the result of a recruit showing up on the bus wearing one of those, hahaha.

Achped
11-27-06, 12:31 AM
Haha Jon, I'll pay you money to just wear the cover man. NOO NOONON, go to an army surplus store and just buy coreframs and trousers. Wear those ;) Hahahahahaha, oh and pin a bunch of EGA's down the trouser seam like every inch.

Accord
11-27-06, 12:32 AM
Show up wearing a "ARMY OF ONE" t-shirt.

Achped
11-27-06, 12:35 AM
Or a "Peace Corps" shirt!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

Or some tye dye peace symbol shirt. That'd be pretty cool.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-27-06, 09:39 AM
I love the idea of wearing the Peace Corps shirt. Someone here should do it, just so we can hear how the receiving DIs react later.

Motorola07
11-27-06, 11:08 PM
Ill pass on that. LOL love to see it happen though lol.

Osotogary
11-28-06, 11:02 AM
I believe the Marquis de Sade once said "I only do to people what they themselves want to happen to them", or something like that. Sounds like you guys are into pain. LOL

mrbsox
11-28-06, 12:01 PM
So Matt and I were just talking about how to get yourself murdered at bootcamp and we decided that there was something worse than showing up with a USMC tattoo, and that would be showing up wearing one of these:

I would pay big money to see the result of a recruit showing up on the bus wearing one of those, hahaha.

OK...
I'll pay the postage if someone mails ACCORD a Smokey about half way thru first phase !!:evilgrin: :D

gantt8639
11-28-06, 12:47 PM
That would be pretty funny. Lol

XJPower
11-28-06, 01:12 PM
well funny story,

my good friend quine shipped out last jan, and while he was at boot we sent him some chocolates in a box saying Beaverton/Hillsboro best Poolie with some pnk ribbons and a pink teddy bear, we all wrote him letter saying from pookie, mr. sunshine ect, best of all we covered the box in army stickers..well he wasn't all that happy at boot for the last 4weeks :) but soo worth it, he said he is going to do something 5X worse when i go..cant wait

-AJC:beer:

killerinstinct
11-28-06, 01:32 PM
Well During receiving and going to medical for the whole first day. One person had an eagle globe and anchor tatoo on his chest.. What sucked was it was backwards and the anchor was the wrong way. They brought him in fron tof all the people even the corpsman were harping on him...

Another time a recruit recieved a firetruck and before taps he had to play on the quarterdeck with hi sfiretruck making fire engine sounds..

Or there was the guy who had to PT with a teddy bear every morning.

Best thing is to send something bulky as the drill instructer alwasy makes you open it in front.. put alot of stuff to make a mess like that little glitter stuff etc.. maybe even a letter that smells like purfume have on it i miss you love you etc. have the return address with a mans name on it.. or have it say on the back oh your drill sergeants arent hurting you... youll make a fine soldier.. etc etc..

i have done a few things like that to friends i have known that later joined...

aang
11-28-06, 02:44 PM
No No the best would be thong underwear. That would get you murderized, or at least the red light part of the squad bay.

Soon2BeVIP
11-28-06, 07:26 PM
No No the best would be thong underwear. That would get you murderized, or at least the red light part of the squad bay.
I was going to write this last night but I didn't know if I should lol

Kildars
11-28-06, 08:34 PM
Just remember Poolee's if you send your friends something, they will get you back! Prolly worse then you did them. Don't be stupid ;)

Good luck.

aang
11-29-06, 01:42 PM
Too true a friend of mine sent me a cigar in boot. Had to eat it in the front classroom. Then got bent for ten minutes doing monkey ****ers and bends and thrusts. So, when he went through boot I sent him a carton of smokes and a some cupcakes. I wrapped all in USMC wrapping paper. He was at the navy's recruit depot in San Diego. My note said " A present from the Navy's mens department." HAR HAR HAR good times!

Celtic Tiger
12-13-06, 03:30 PM
What about a letter sent from the Bin Laden contruction corporation? ;)

MotivatorOfTheGuard
12-13-06, 03:41 PM
Well, you can do any of those stupid things, or you can just go, either way, more likely than not you will be muredered regardless, it just depends on whether or not you want your stay at the beautiful MCRD to be painful, or MORE painful.

oneshot649
12-13-06, 09:36 PM
i say do whatever upsets them the most. it only gives them more memories of causing recruit-premature-death...

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-13-06, 09:45 PM
I personally think it is pretty irresponsible to make a game of recruit training. It isn't about having fun or making someone do a few extra pushups.

Now, I hope nobody too that too seriously, but it is something to think about. That being said, a buddy of mine that enlisted a few months before me sent playboy to me every month. Since I was there an extra month, and the way things fell, I got it 5 times.

greensideout
12-14-06, 12:27 AM
Your hope to become a Marine starts here!

DWG
12-14-06, 06:44 AM
I personally think it is pretty irresponsible to make a game of recruit training. It isn't about having fun or making someone do a few extra pushups.

Now, I hope nobody too that too seriously, but it is something to think about. That being said, a buddy of mine that enlisted a few months before me sent playboy to me every month. Since I was there an extra month, and the way things fell, I got it 5 times.

5 minutes off the bus and they'll realize their mistake! DO NOT DRAW ATTENTION TO YOURSELF!!! KEEP YOUR PIEHOLE SHUT!!! LISTEN UP!!!

ElDiablo
12-22-06, 09:54 AM
So...what if sing your own theme song? Like Mario Brothers or Pac-Man? I bet that would really impress people...lol

3077India
12-27-06, 12:07 PM
Not long after my plt got dropped off to our DI's one of my fellow boots got a package of 2 dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies (BIG COOKIES) from his mom and naturally he had to open it in front of the whole plt. I don't remember the enclosed note word for word, but do remember his mom's closing remarks, "I encluded I few extra for you to share with your friends." 64 recruits, 1 SDI & 3 DI's to split 24 chocolate chip cookies between them---I DON'T THINK SO.

At any rate that night, after lights out, with my moonbeam in hand, I hastily wrote home pleading with my parents that if they send me any care packages they had better include enough for the whole plt and all my DI's or to never send me packages ONLY letters. It was good that I did that, b/c my mom wrote back that she had been readying a care package for me, like she used to do when I was in College during finals. Her care packages generally included popcorn balls, cookies, Charlie Browns, Brownies and whatever else she could think of.

Achped
12-27-06, 01:06 PM
Hahaha, that's funny.

Did she end up sending you one with stuff for the whole plt or just not send it?

3077India
12-27-06, 02:02 PM
Hahaha, that's funny.

Did she end up sending you one with stuff for the whole plt or just not send it?
No, she never sent it. My letter had caught her just in time to save me some torture.:banana:

jebollenbach
12-27-06, 02:43 PM
Send your friends some pajamas. The footy ones are preferred.

Rains
07-29-08, 02:17 PM

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/Grunt/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=CAMP&gift=False&0=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D13%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tre e%3D%2CApparel&1=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D14%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tre e%3D0%2CClothing&2=dept%2Easp%2Cdept%5Fid%3D133%26menu%5Fid%3D%26Tr ee%3D1%2CCamo%2FUtilites&HSLB=False&mscssid=050CDDA42F6A246FC8512BD92C2C4FDA

LOL!!!!

That would be total hell for anyone who would do that. :evilgrin:

Achped
07-29-08, 04:55 PM
God I wish Accord was here rightn ow, I'd kick his ass.

That Mother $$%@#$%@# sent me a picture of me...doing something I should not have been doing and ADDRESESD IT TO Sgt. Major of the Marine Corps Matthew G and taped the picture to the outside of the envelope and wrote "Semper Fi Marine, hows Iraq? I got your letter, you've shot 15 people already? Crazy"

Oh man...

bgsuwoody
07-29-08, 07:15 PM
I was waiting for you to find this lol. This one gave me a good laugh while you were gone lol.

beebe2141
07-29-08, 08:09 PM
If anyone is shipping to Parris Island on Aug. 11th bring me a peace core T-shirt and I'll wear it into recieving, then we'll see what happens. :D

Drewster
07-29-08, 09:08 PM
Awesome, I'll find one and bring it, but only if you are going to be at Ft.Jackson the night before so I can give it to you that night. I rather not be seen with it in my hands.

Rains
07-30-08, 11:54 AM
If anyone is shipping to Parris Island on Aug. 11th bring me a peace core T-shirt and I'll wear it into recieving, then we'll see what happens. :D

I will pray for you.

Petz
07-30-08, 12:03 PM
just so everyone knows... the peace sign is the... what's the term for using the flags for communication..... well it doesn't matter just know it means nuclear disarmament, not really peace in the sense it's been used for so long... the sign came out of the U.K. ... goes figure.

also, you know how spike from tom and jerry is like the un-official image for Marine Corps tattoos... well we had a recruit with his face on his arm but no USMC on it... yet, he got a lot of **** because of that. hahahah, they IT'd him as soon as the series commander left. hahahaha, that was hilarious.