PDA

View Full Version : 2 days

smjone4
11-24-06, 09:24 AM
I am leaving for MEPS Sunday morning. Then Monday I will be on my way to PI. I have greatly enjoyed reading the various posts on this page and I feel that the information that I have gathered will be a life saver over the next 3 months. I just wanted to say thank you all and wish me luck.

thedrifter
11-24-06, 09:33 AM
Best of Luck

Ellie

Osotogary
11-24-06, 09:34 AM
Take care of yourself, smjone4. All the best to you and the training platoon to which you will be assigned. Never quit.
Gary

rb1651
11-24-06, 09:44 AM
Best of luck to you. Make sure you come back here once you have earned the EGA.

NewOrleansLady
11-24-06, 09:50 AM
Best wishes on your training. Stay focused and try to stay motivated. If you PM me, I'll send you some moto mail.

My son graduates from PI on 12/8 and I can hardly wait. He went through the Crucible until Wed Morning and had Thanksgiving at PI yesterday.

We were blessed with a 5 minute phone call yesterday evening.

Make sure to tell your parents to get on the internet and visit with other Recruit Parents and Marines. A few sites and chat rooms have really helped me get through the past 11 weeks!

You are ahead of the pack by having spent time here with these Marines before Boot Camp.

God Bless

:thumbup:

smjone4
11-24-06, 11:29 AM
My main concern is my wife. Do you know of any websites or groups that would help her while I am gone. I know she is going to have a really hard time. Thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-24-06, 01:10 PM
smjone4, send her to this site and we will do everything we can to help her through the next three months.

smjone4
11-24-06, 01:48 PM
there isn't a site in your post.

Osotogary
11-24-06, 02:01 PM
smjone4,
Look under USMC Links on this website's homepage (upper left side). You will see Marine Corps Top 10- Click to open and start scrolling downward. I think that you will find what you need there.
Gary

Accord
11-24-06, 02:27 PM
Good luck! I'm shipping on January 8th so you'll probably be in 2nd phase while i'm on the yellow footprints.

NewOrleansLady
11-24-06, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry. I visit the Chat room here and the Marines are just wonderful there with wives and moms. They have stopped my whining many a night and reminded me that my son will soon be a part of an elite group. They have been there with many a word of encouragement and motivation for me and the even helped me through the Crucible! :bunny:

Also, if you are going to PI there is a site run by wives of DIs and lots of wives, girlfriends, etc visit and chat. http://p088.ezboard.com/bparrisisland

I love it there!

Also, this Marine/Recruit Parent site has special forums for wives/girlfriends.

http://www.recruitparents.com/forum/default.asp?Group=2

These sites are great at keeping family posted about the things that are going on and where the recruits are in training. They are also a wealth of information about things to do with graduation, etc.

All of the Marine related sites I have visited have been very welcoming and supportive. Chatting with the Marines and Poolees in the Chat Room here have made me feel closer to my son during this time.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know. From the way the Marines around here have treated me I feel like we are one big FAMILY.:banana:

jinelson
11-24-06, 04:39 PM
Good luck Sean give it everything you got and then some make us proud. Make sure that you check in here when you return a Marine so I can change your membership status to Marine. And you can tell us about your experiences. Stay moto.

Jim

PooleeWill
11-24-06, 05:01 PM
I leave in 2 days as well but I am going to MCRD SD.

SgtHMH
11-24-06, 05:23 PM
Nobody can tell you how you are going to feel when you get there, because everyone is differant. It is all mind over matter, just don't give up. Marines don't Surrender " Surrender is not in our Creed". Remember that always in everything you do and you will have no problem.

Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss

Accord
11-24-06, 10:24 PM
Best wishes on your training. Stay focused and try to stay motivated. If you PM me, I'll send you some moto mail.

My son graduates from PI on 12/8 and I can hardly wait. He went through the Crucible until Wed Morning and had Thanksgiving at PI yesterday.

We were blessed with a 5 minute phone call yesterday evening.

Make sure to tell your parents to get on the internet and visit with other Recruit Parents and Marines. A few sites and chat rooms have really helped me get through the past 11 weeks!

You are ahead of the pack by having spent time here with these Marines before Boot Camp.

God Bless

:thumbup:I see in your signature that your son is in Echo Co. 2nd Bn... i'm shipping on January 8th to PI and i'll be in Echo Co. 2nd Bn!

Barrette
11-25-06, 12:00 AM
Good Luck over the next three months

I'm also gonna be leaving January 8th and be apart of 2ndBt Echo company Plt 2024 now this a question I have will we have the same DI's as Connie son do the di's get a month off before getting a new platoon or is it totally different???

Accord
11-25-06, 01:06 AM
Good Luck over the next three months

I'm also gonna be leaving January 8th and be apart of 2ndBt Echo company Plt 2024 now this a question I have will we have the same DI's as Connie son do the di's get a month off before getting a new platoon or is it totally different???
How did you find out what Platoon you'll be in? I know that i'll be 2nd Bn Echo Co. but I have no idea how to find out what Platoon.

Barrette
11-25-06, 06:58 AM
My recruiter when he gave me my bootcamp address....

NewOrleansLady
11-25-06, 09:10 AM
I don't know about the same DIs, but my son has a month off because the MCT school is not starting during the holidays. You normally get 10 days leave after Boot Camp unless you get assigned as Recruiter's Assistant. Actually, technically, his entire company has Recruiter's Assistant assignments through the holidays.

Please point your Parents/Significant others to the websites I pointed out. They are really, really, a big help! Also, PM me if I can assist you or your family in any way. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions for my son, but I'll try to get him to post here when he gets home from Boot Camp!

smjone4
11-26-06, 08:36 PM
I am at the hotel waiting to go to MEPS now. We leave at 0520. So this will be my last post for a while. See everyone in a few months

Motorola07
11-26-06, 08:46 PM
I am at the hotel waiting to go to MEPS now. We leave at 0520. So this will be my last post for a while. See everyone in a few months

Good Luck, have fun.

jackson07
11-26-06, 09:01 PM
Good luck.

Accord
11-26-06, 09:02 PM
Good luck!

Achped
11-26-06, 09:34 PM
Connie, my friend Frenchy was in that EXACT same company, battalion and platoon! Who are his Drill Instructors?