PDA

View Full Version : To All Poolees!

Zippo
11-23-06, 10:12 PM
Congratulations to all you Poolee's who decided to become a US Marine.
If you're anything like I was before I left, you're anxious as hell.

What's boot camp like? Boot camp is a series of LONG days, alternating states of boredom and chaos, and pushing your mind to not give up. But, it's also what YOU make it. What do YOU want Recruit Training to be? It all depends on your attitude, Poolee's. Go in thinking positive. Try to ALWAYS maintain the mindset, "all I have to do is put out, and I will have this pride for the rest of my life". Move as quick as you can. Don't ever be the last one on line. Show you care by moving as fast as possible, and the DI's won't focus on you.

Everyone has their different reasons for joining. Focus on those reasons once you get there. Boot camp is almost all mental. The PT isn't nearly as bad as you're dreaming! By reading about all the mind games BEFORE you leave, you should be able to laugh about them once you get there (ofcourse don't actually laugh or your DI will eat your face). Even if you do mess up from time to time, having someone yell in your face isn't as bad as you think it is right now. It's their job, and if you're smart, you'll realize that. When you're feeling down, talk to the guys around you at night. It's the only thing besides letters that you'll have to take away stress.

So my advice to you is to ENJOY your time home! The Marines is the toughest, proudest branch of service in the United States. In being tough comes tough training. Stay motivated, and no doubt you WILL march across the parade deck with your family prouder than ever.

People will be impressed when you tell them you are a MARINE.

I'm sure they've already done so when you tell them you're joining.

"No one ever said it would be easy, we just said it would be worth it."

I'm NBC - 5700, if anyone has any questions about that MOS School, or ANY questions whatsoever about boot camp/MCT, I'd be happy to answer them.

jinelson
11-25-06, 11:19 AM
Thanks Rick - good stuff!

Semper Fi

Jim

Bret
11-25-06, 09:57 PM
Well thanks a lot for that info there Zippo! I would ask you some questions but it wouldnt do any good because Im leavin Sunday morn(the 26th). BUT thanks for that info that you pointed out and I seriously hope I can also came back on here and chat with you all as a Marine!!! BE GOOD ALL and GOD BLESS!!!:iwo: :flag: :iwo:

jinelson
11-25-06, 10:42 PM
Good Luck and make us proud Bret. Its been a long time coming now its up to you to make us proud and git er done. Check in here when you get back so that I can upgrade your membership and welcome you as a Marine and brother. God Bless you and help you through the challenge you have fought so hard to get a shot at.

Jim