PDA

View Full Version : Go Home?

thedrifter
11-23-06, 05:33 PM
borrowed from hubby,,,fontman

Go Home?
By Jack Army
http://gojackarmy.blogspot.com/

I have read a number of blog posts, and news articles, editorals and the like, telling everyone who'll listen.... er.... read, that we need to bring the troops home from Iraq. Big mistake, this Iraq war, and we need to stop throwing good money after bad, stop wasting the lives of our troops and blah blah blah.

Sorry, I am just frustrated about all this. I am just amazed that people want to just stop what we are doing and bring all our troops home after all we've done so far and all that is left to do. Seriously, it is amazing what is going on in this country and I'm so lucky to be a part of it. These people really want to live better lives and they are trying hard to do so. I feel like we owe it to them, to folks from other countries who are watching this, and to the troops who have already sacrificed for this, to continue to see this thing through.

What frustrates me most of all is the number of Americans that are rooting for us to lose. From media, to politicians and political pundits, to folks who just have no clue but put on airs of knowing all, there is a definite segment of the American population who genuinely wants us to lose this war. The whole "it's a mistake" and "based on lies" memes are just ridiculous and aren't based in reality, rather, they are based on misguided dreams of what life should be like. I hate to burst any bubbles here, but war is a part of life, and when bad people do bad things, war just might be the best way to stop them. War just might be the best way to free millions of people from oppressive dictatorship or repressive religious zealots. Especially when those folks have either declared war on us, or have aided and abetted those who are attacking us. I'll not list all the terrorist attacks of the last quarter century, that list is posted plenty of places, but I will say that it is obvious that we've been drawn into a war with an enemy that is too happy to kill innocents, to flaunt the accepted laws of warfare, disregard the conventions and treaties protecting non-combatants and will just as soon kill a child as a Soldier.

And Americans want us to stop fighting that enemy? Why? So they can rest, recover, rearm, re-equip, retrain, re-infiltrate, and attack us at home... again?

There's an argument being circulated, and has been for awhile now, that fighting in Iraq is creating more terrorists. It's a load of crap. Sorry to be blunt, but that's the truth. What creates terrorists is a societal acceptance of terrorism as a tool for political or social change... no, control. When we allow terrorism to change our laws, our lifestyles, our sense of security, we lose. We lose our freedom, our rights, our security and we give all the power over those things to terrorists who have no desire to be fair, kind or just. They just want power. They want things to go the way they want them to go and they don't care who they hurt or kill in order to get their way.

I'd rather fight them here, in another country, away from my family and my fellow countrymen. More than that, I'd rather defeat them here, in a country trying hard to be free, trying hard to be secure, trying hard to be lead by good people rather than terrorists in politicians clothing.

Please tell your congressman than I'm not ready to go home.