PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

rb1651
11-22-06, 12:12 PM
Since tomorrow will be busy because of family and friends coming over, I would like to take this time to wish all of you a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Holiday. May you be blessed with the meaning of the day, and my you and your families and friends enjoy the feast that is placed before you. Please remember to include in your prayers our brave Brothers and Sisters who are seperated from their families while they are protecting our freedoms throughout the World, and also say a prayer for their family members who are left at home.

Osotogary
11-22-06, 12:39 PM
I couldn't have said it better, rb1651, so I won't.
Adios from South Florida.
Gary

Try this-

1 can of cranberry sauce with the whole cranberries (no special brand)
1 can of frozen Apple juice (Apple juice in the glass or plastic container can be used (no special brand)
A couple of slices of lemon or lime.
Club soda (no special brand)
Vodka (optional)
Some Ice
A blender

Blend together for a wonderful spritzer type beverage (if club soda is added) or add vodka for a refreshing cocktail or warm the mixture for a chest warming elixer.

airframesguru
11-22-06, 12:46 PM
Be happy and more over safe Marines! God bless you all. Hoist one for our own in harms way and for those gave all.

Semper Fidelis!

Carry On,

Mike:beer:

thedrifter
11-22-06, 12:49 PM
A few of us girls are joining forces and cooking dinner at Spankys, for Marines to be encluded in our extended family.

Wishing All a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

God Bless
Ellie and Mark

thedrifter
11-23-06, 07:03 AM
Thanksgiving Prayer

We come to this table today, O Lord, humble and thankful and glad.
We thank Thee first for the great miracle of life, for the exaltation of being human, for the capacity of love.
We thank Thee for joys both great and simple --
For wonder, dreams and hope;
For the newness of each day;
For laughter and song and a merry heart;
For compassion waiting within to be kindled;
For the forbearance of friends and the smile of a stranger;
For the arching of the earth and trees and heavens and the fruit of all three;
For the wisdom of the old;
For the courage of the young;
For the promise of the child;
For the strength that comes when needed;
For this family united here today.
Of those to whom much is given, much is required.
May we and our children remember this.

Ellie

thedrifter
11-23-06, 08:07 AM
Happy Thanksgiving
November 23, 2006
By Robert Paul Reyes

Today is Thanksgiving Day, a time to be thankful for blessings — great and small.

Let me being by mentioning some of the great blessings that I am thankful for:

I am thankful that I don’t live in a country where I am forced to render thanks to a particular deity. I can be thankful to Jehovah, Jesus, Allah or the Big Bang.

I’m thankful that I have a sound mind and a sound body. The minor aches, pains and indignities that old age buffets me with are not worth complaining about.

I am thankful that in America I am free to publish my sometimes controversial editorials. Not even the most negative feedback can take away the joy of doing what I was born to do: Write.

But most importantly, I am thankful that I have a woman that I can say “I love you” to — and really mean it. I’m thankful that when she tells me “I love you” — I really believe it.

And now for the small blessings:

I’m thankful for fluffy cats, faithful dogs, remote controls, snow flakes, warm coffee on a cold night and an ice cream cone under a blistering sun.

I’m thankful to be alive. I hope all you take time to consider the things you should be grateful for.

eddief
11-23-06, 08:13 AM
Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

jinelson
11-23-06, 10:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving

Devil Dogs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/103666yct142nkgd.gif

FistFu68
11-23-06, 12:00 PM
:usmc: GOD~BLESS~AMERICA~AND ALL~OUR~BROTHER'S & SISTER'S~IN HARM'S WAY~HAPPY~THANKSGIVING~SEMPER~FIDELIS~:usmc:

ringoffire
11-23-06, 12:34 PM
Have A Happy And Safe Thanksgiving Everyone

6yrforMar
11-23-06, 01:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our brothers and sisters in harms way and around the world.And to those on this forum. SEMPER FI

Dave Coup
11-23-06, 02:04 PM
CONCUR 100% with everything said before this. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Semper Fidelis

Dave

Devildogg4ever
11-23-06, 02:29 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!