PDA

View Full Version : The greatest Marine Corps TV commercial of all time

Accord
11-21-06, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpU8qD80siA#GU5U2spHI_4

I don't know what they were thinking when they made that :D.

USMCVet1992
11-21-06, 12:22 PM
As much as I hate to say it, the Army has one of the best commercials out right now... I think they finally followed the lead of the Marine Corps, and made a commercial that may actually motivate someone to enlist in the Army. 'Bout time they dropped that Army of One crap... The Marine Corps has always had the best commercials, except for the Chess commercial, that one was kinda weak.... The Military needs to move away from the college money garbage and start trying to attract those who are truly drawn to the Military out of a sense of patriotism, not financial award. The Marine Corps never really pushes the GI Bill as a motivator to enlist, because in order to earn the Title, you have to want to be a Marine and not just money for college.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-21-06, 01:30 PM
It may be sad, but some kids need the financial push to enlist, and in an unsafe world with an all volunteer military, they need to use any incentive possible to get people to enlist.

I personally think the Army Strong commercial is craptacular. Nothing like jumping on the LIVESTRONG wagon two years late. Every time I see it I just sit and think that the Army is trying to advertise the fact that it is a joke and it had to pay billions of dollars to do it.

jcannedy
11-21-06, 09:21 PM
hahaha that was motivating. Checkmate biatch!

Christiansen
11-22-06, 05:47 PM
I think they're targeting the whole "lord of the rings" demographic...