PDA

View Full Version : Marines Currently in Iraq

coachrlarnold
11-16-06, 06:54 PM
I am looking for a few names of Marines currently in Iraq who are not receiving mail from friends or family at home. Maybe someone here knows a Marine there now and they know of someone who is not getting mail....

I would like a few names and mailing info so I can send some postcards, letters, and care packages.

rb1651
11-17-06, 07:00 AM
Check with you local vet organizations. They might be able to assist you.

DWG
11-17-06, 07:13 AM
Go to AnySoldier.com. Then choose Marines under branch of service. They have lists of contacts that you can send cards, letters or packages to. The Marine contacts then pass them on to troops who are receiving little or no mail. I have been doing this since April and it works great. All contacts are with the troops at no cost to you or them. I never had any luck finding local groups that were involved in a project of this magnitude.

USMCBOXER
11-17-06, 09:30 AM
The AnySoldier website is an outstanding suggestion.

Also, another group that is doing a great job of just sending some care packages out, though I am in no way affiliated with them personally - just donate through them - is:

http://www.opfth.com/

Don't mean to "thread-jack," just wanted to put this one out there too.

DWG
11-17-06, 09:59 AM
Any group helping the troops is good stuff. I am not a rep. of AnySoldier, just had a lot of luck with them.

coachrlarnold
11-17-06, 07:29 PM
This has helped so much!
As I began looking, others are asking to write as well. THANK YOU BOTH!:flag: