PDA

View Full Version : royal marines hate pongo's

harrymac
01-24-03, 06:57 PM
sitting here at home now. deploying to camp commando in 6 hrs can't sleep have just been to the royal marine site like this one. saw this and it made me laugh. hope you enjoy
cannot wait to get out there and start working. u would think at my age after all the deployments i have done it would be boring. but still enjoy my job

Picture the scene
Matt Stevenson
A young Nod at Lympstone running from the armoury back to the grots after running some errand for the troop sergeant. In his haste he runs past a young 2nd Lt. from some infantry regiment or other without noticing him. Outraged the officer stops the Nod and says, "Don't you salute army officers in the Royal Marines?" To which the Nod replies, "We don't have army officers in the Royal Marines Sir."
And runs off.

nod is a recruit not passed commando training
harry

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:10 PM
found another one that u may like sums up marines the world over

A Royal Marines Epitaph

O'Lord, I've not been too careful, In the things I've said and done, I've boasted too much of my nights on the spree, And the games of Pontoon I've won.

But I've always done my duty, No matter where it may be, Ashore with the Gallant Commando's, Or out with the Fleet at Sea.

So when Gabriel blows his last trumpet, And the reaper, his harvest doth glean, Remember, if I've been a sinner. At least God I've been a Marine.

SF

harry

thedrifter
01-24-03, 07:10 PM
Good One......LOL.......You will be in our Hearts and thoughts while you are away.........Our prayers go with you..........I know that you will do us all PROUD. As Marines we are prepared to carry the TORCH OF FREEDOM, NO MATTER THE COST.

I raise a pint in your HONOR. God Bless and God Speed, looking forward to your return.

Sempers,

Roger

MillRatUSMC
01-24-03, 07:11 PM
Harry and all your mates,
we wish all of you, God Speed
and take care
where ever that deployment takes you.
Know the feeling,
about not being able to get any sleep.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:12 PM
some more marine poems.

Royal Marines

Footsteps, blood red from glories of the past.
Fleeting moments, memories, cannot last.
Hail the heros swathed in gold,
Laurel bedecked men of steel, with manner bold.
Blood red footsteps ever onward plod,
Ever forwards over sunscorched sod.
Through hail and sleet, snow and rain,
Never falter, advancing strain,
Irrespective of terrain.
Through frozen, sunstroked, retching ill,
They are tere to fight and fight they will,
They'll battle with courage, and consummate skill,
For defeat is a far too bitter pill.
They wear a Green beret, they wear it with pride,
They laugh at adversity and brush it aside.
Yet they are but human, they feel fear, they feel pain,
But when they are in action they never complain.
They reach their objective, capture or kill,
What they do they do with a will.
They are men of distinction, the cream of the crop,
They surmount every obstacle, they never do stop.
For they are the finest the worlds ever seen,
The ultimate professional fighting machine.
They are the first and they are the foremost.
They lay their lives on the line for country and Queen,
But they think nothing of it.
They are the Royal Marines.

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:16 PM
thanks guy's have been told that i will be co-located with 1st rad bn usmc. so will be in good company. excuse me for posting these verses's thought u guys would enjoy and give me last chance to talk to freely before start work

HRH, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales 1985

During exercises I was always intrigued to discover that large numbers of Marines used to queue up outside my helicopter, presumably hoping to be transported in my aircraft. I used fondly to imagine that they had instinctively recognised my talents as a pilot, until it was eventually revealed to me that the reason for my apparent popularity was that they thought my helicopter was better maintained than everyone else's! The Bootneck is a crafty character!

harry

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:18 PM
these are have royal marine in them but having worked with the usmc u could put that in instead

What Is a Bootneck !?

Between the security of childhood and the insecurity of manhood, we find a fascinating species of humans called “BOOTNECKS”.

They come in all shapes and sizes. In trucks. In boats. In various barracks. In love and always in debt.

Girls love them. Towns tolerate them and the Government supports them - Just.

A “BOOTNECK” is sharp with a pack of cards. Deadly with a set of darts and protector of the earth on half a dozen pints. He has the speed of a striking slug - the slyness of a fox - the brains of a rocking horse and the stories of a sea captain. He has the sincerity of a born liar and the aspirations of Casanova.

Some of his interests are girls, woman, females, dames, birds, the opposite sex and spending other peoples money.!!!

His dislikes are answering letters, wearing uniform, provost Sergeants, BFT, the RSM and reveille.

No one else could cram into one pocket - a crumpled ID card, a packet of crushed cigarettes, a picture of his (or an oppo’s) girlfriend(s), a comb, a bottle opener, an old leave pass and what’s left of last months pay.

He likes spending money on beer, sometimes on girls, some on horses, some on football pools and the rest... foolishly.

A “BOOTNECK” is a magical creature. You can scratch him off your nominal roll - but never off your mind.

He is your one and only hairy arsed, good for nothing bundle of worries. But all your shattered dreams come whole again, when he comes staggering home - looks at you with those big bloodshot eyes and simply says..“Hello love Gis a go of your body”

By a WREN?

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:21 PM
ok this is the last one that i will send

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MARINE POEM EVER. IT SUMS UP MARINES THE WORLD OVER THE BEST DRESSED AND LOOKING BLOKES ANY WHERE

In The Beginning.

In the beginning was a word, the word was God. In the beginning was God, and all else was darkness, and void, and without form. So God created the heavens and the earth. He created the sun, and the moon, and the stars, so that the light might pierce the darkness. And the earth God divided between the lands and the sea, and these he filled with many assorted creatures..

And the dark, salty, slimy creatures that inhabited the murky depths of the oceans, God called sailors, and he dressed them accordingly.

And the flighty creatures of the air he called airmen. And these he clothed in uniforms which where ruffled and fowl.

The lower creatures of the land, God called soldiers. And with a twinkle in his eye, and a sense of humour God gave them trousers too short, and jackets to large, and pockets to warm their hands. And to adorn their uniforms, God gave them cords, and he gave them ribbons... and patches... and stars... and bells. He gave them emblems... and crests... and all sorts of shiny things that glittered... and devices that dangled... When your God you tend to get carried away.

And on the 7th day, as you know, God rested. And on the 8th day at 0730 hrs God looked down upon the earth and was not happy.. God was not happy.

So he thought about his labours, and in infinite wisdom, God created a divine creature and this he called Royal Marine. And these Royal Marines whom God created in his own image, were to be of the air, and the land, and the sea. And these he gave many wonderful uniforms.

He gave them practical fighting uniforms, so that they could wage war against the forces of Satan and evil.

He gave them service uniforms for their daily work and training, that they might be sharp and ready..

And he gave them evening and dress uniforms. Sharp, stylish, handsome things, so they might profile with the ladies on a Saturday night, and impress the hell out of everybody.

And on the, 8th day God looked down upon the earth, and saw that it was good.

But was God happy?. No God was still not happy, because in the course of his labours, he had forgotten one thing.. He did not have a Royal Marine uniform. But he thought about it, and he thought about it, and finally satisfied himself in the knowing, that, well not everybody can be a Royal Marine..

COMMENTS PLEASE

SF

HARRY

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:26 PM
SORRY LIED FOUND THIS ON THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO SITE

FEEL IT NEEDS TO BE POSTED........

Noticeboard US Command Post, Khe San, Vietnam Feb 1968
Submitted by Submitted by Derek Pulford JE18, 1963-1986 Transferred AAC Retd 1999

"For those who fight for it life has a flavour the sheltered never know."

SF

HARRY

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:28 PM
Basic Training Quote

THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!

Comfort is an illusion. A false security bred from familiar things and familiar ways. It narrows the mind, weakens the body and robs the soul of spirit and determination

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:30 PM
MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMBAT
Tim Grenville-Cleave

You are not supermen. (Freshly graduated Para recruits and all fighter pilots, especially take note.)
Suppressive fire - won't
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
Don't look conspicuous - it draws fire.
When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Never share a trench with anyone braver than you.
Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
No plan survives the first contact intact.
All five second grenade fuses will bum down in three seconds.
Try to look unimportant, because the enemy may be low on ammunition.
If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short.
When you have secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemy.
Incoming fire has the right-of-way.
The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
The important things are always simple.
The simple things are always hard.
The easy way is always mined.
If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat.
No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
No inspection-ready unit has ever passed combat.
If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU!
Friendly fire - isn't.
Things that must be together to work usually can't be transported together.
Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support.
Anything you do can get you shot - including doing nothing.
Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you can't get out.
Tracer works BOTH ways.
The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share to take.
When both sides are convinced they are about to lose, they are both right.
Professional servicemen are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

USMC0311
01-24-03, 07:40 PM
Get Sum Marine

You are Motivated "Big Time" Harry. Kick-ass Brother. Yer with the Best, FvCK the rest.

harrymac
01-24-03, 07:56 PM
HOO RAAH USMC0311

wrbones
01-24-03, 08:02 PM
Do us proud, Harry!

We know you will bro!

Keep yer pot handy and yer blade sharp!

USMC0311
01-24-03, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by harrymac
HOO RAAH USMC0311

:D "Rock On" you Bad MoFo :thumbup:

greensideout
01-24-03, 08:05 PM
Thanks harrymac, for sharing your, "getting the mind set" time with us.

My prayer is that God will guide your mission and cover your backside.God be with you and your fellow Royal Marines.

Give 'em hell Harry!

When you see those U.S. Marines, give them a Semper Fi from the old salts here at Leatherneck.

harrymac
01-24-03, 08:09 PM
i will, i know that every time i have worked with your corps they have been friendly professional and speek just about the same language.

lmao

harry

harrymac
01-24-03, 08:17 PM
here's a photo for ur desk top it one off our recuriting photo's

harry

USMC0311
01-24-03, 08:25 PM
99.99 %
BYOB B ring Y our O wn B alls

Harry....Are ya "Ready" Marine??? :)

harrymac
01-24-03, 08:34 PM
oh yes will be there 3 half hours from now on the train. just want to get started now. ready to give the missus my wedding ring again dont want any rag head to have it. have said goodbye to my kids as they wont be up in time and would not want to do that again ( it never gets any easier- think it is harder as they get older and start to understand what is going on) my son said yesterday hope there is not a war dad- what do u say to that. enough of that mushy stuff and answer to ur question will hit the ground running when my plane lands in kuwait ..

SF and PER MARE PER TERRAM

HARRY

USMC0311
01-24-03, 08:43 PM
I Commend You for your Courage and Commitment Harry. You are a inspiration Marine. The time has come again to put yourself in harms way. It is my Honor to communicate with you Marine. May God Bless and protect You Harry.

Nothing last forever

lurchenstein
01-25-03, 02:59 PM
Harry Mack, God be with you, your family, your countrymen & your allies. Thank God the Brits are ready, willing & able to stand with the U.S. against the *sshole tyrants of the world. Pass on Semper Fi's to our brothers in battle. If you visit Baghdad, kick the Saddam-sympathizer "human shields" in the *ss. Wish maximum harm to your foes & just enough discomfort to keep you razor-sharp.

Rob Parry
01-28-03, 02:52 PM
There's some more of the quotes and poetry Harry posted, coming out in a book this year, which is being published to assist those of our pals who suffer with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We'll see if we can get it available over there in the USofA when it happens. Rob Parry
If you like the Royal Marine sense of humour try Military Forums. Take a deep breath, it isn't what you are used to!

USMC0311
01-28-03, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Rob Parry
There's some more of the quotes and poetry Harry posted, coming out in a book this year, which is being published to assist those of our pals who suffer with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We'll see if we can get it available over there in the USofA when it happens. Rob Parry
If you like the Royal Marine sense of humour try Military Forums. Take a deep breath, it isn't what you are used to!

Thanks for the heads-up Marine ...How bout a link ( site addy).
Post it here or e-mail it to me please.
JoeT@USMC0311.com

greensideout
01-28-03, 07:08 PM
USMC0311,

If you get that web site, would you post it for others who like to check it out as well?

Thanks

Semper Fi

USMC0311
01-28-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by greensideout
USMC0311,

If you get that web site, would you post it for others who like to check it out as well?

Thanks

Semper Fi

Roger Will Do! Marine

Rob Parry
01-29-03, 09:19 AM
Morning gents. Tighten up the seat belt a bit, take some caffeine and enjoy.
http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/
There are subsections for Navy Marines and even the Army and RAF, but you don't want to go there, really you don't want to go there!

Rob Parry
01-29-03, 12:42 PM
http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/[URL=http://www.civvie-street.co.uk/[/URL]

This is the original site for Once a Marine, Always a Marine in the UK. It contains most of the quotes etc, and is linked to Military Forums through the message centre. Enjoy:)
PS there has been a little difference of opinion with a few US Army guys recently over Iraq, I've asked the guys to be gentle with you, they're a little tetchy at present!:devious:

Sticky blue
01-29-03, 07:17 PM
Fancy bumping into you here Rob!! You forgot a site... mine!!
htpp://www.royalmarinesbands.co.uk
I hope all the visitors to Military Forums have a sense of humour... sometimes it gets a bit tense when we stray into the usual barrack room stuff that we should all avoid:
Politics (unless it is taking the **** out of our own Govt)
Religion (unless it is taking the **** out of someone else)
Northern Ireland (unless you really know what you are talking about and are prepared to accept the truth as we tell it as most have been there, seen it and done it)

Come in, pull up a bergan, have a wet and have some fun!
Out to you....

leroy8541
01-29-03, 10:01 PM
hey harry could you guys load up some extra johns courage for us yanks they wont allow bubweiser. would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Parry
01-30-03, 06:43 AM
Leroy, I think Harry is on a grey floating hotel out in the Med somewhere by now (cabin with ensuite facility and sauna.........not). However, we'll look after you!!