PDA

View Full Version : Local soldier part of video feed from Iraq to Cleveland Browns' half-time Sunday

thedrifter
11-16-06, 05:30 PM
Local soldier part of video feed from Iraq to Cleveland Browns' half-time Sunday

Rick Stillion

The Daily Jeffersonian

Cpl. Jeremy Graham, a Guernsey County soldier serving in Iraq, will be one of four U.S. Marines speaking to family and friends Sunday during half-time at the National Football League game at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Graham will join Cleveland Browns Vice President Carl Meyers' son and two other Marines speaking via a live video feed to those in attendance at the game featuring the Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I am very excited," said Graham's mother, Paula, of the opportunity to see and hear from her son. "I almost choked on my lunch when I got the call from Carl Meyers inviting us to attend the game as VIP's."

Kickoff for the game is slated for 1 p.m.

Attending the game with Paula Graham will be Jeremy's brothers, Jake and Jason, and her sister, Patty Gilligan.

"They said four VIP passes will be waiting for us at the gate," said Graham.

The entourage will be provided access to the field from 11 a.m. until game time. They will be on the field during the half-time festivities.

"It will be a live telecast during the game," said Graham.

Graham said Jeremy was afforded the opportunity to be included in the broadcast thanks to Meyers' son, who wanted to include all of the Marines in his company that are from Ohio.

"He asked if they (Cleveland Browns officials) could get all the families at the game," said Paula.

Jeremy Graham has served in Iraq since late July. It is his second tour in Iraq.

Paula Graham said her son has been active in his time in Iraq.

"He has been blown up five times and discovered 10 explosive devices," she said. "Five Humvees that he was in were destroyed. He told his commander that they have only got him half as many times as he has got them."

Graham hopes at least a portion of the broadcast from Iraq will be televised, giving area residents an opportunity to see and hear from Jeremy.

(rstillion@daily-jeff.com)

Ellie