PDA

View Full Version : Marine needs help in Guatemala

vabucki
11-15-06, 07:20 PM
:usmc:My wife and I will be traveling next week to Guatemala to attempt to complete the adoption of our new baby girl. She is officially our child by the Guatemalan courts. We are in the process of getting her Visa from the US embassy and our own Americans are giving us a hard time. Several American families receive Visas on a regular basis, so it is not uncommon. However, our paperwork continues to be rejected for reasons that are rediculus. Just today, our attorney attempted to turn in the final birth certificate and it was not in the "proper format" according to a worker at the embassy. Many are accepted daily in the same format and the city that issues the certificate will not change their format. We are in the process of contacting our congressman for help. We are going to Guatemala next week to meet our daughter for the first time. WE are very excited, however If this isn't completed within a week, I will have to leave my wife in Guatemala to be back at work. We are an average income family who have saved for a long time to adopt this child.
DOES ANY ONE KNOW A MARINE STATIONED AT THE EMBASSY WHO CAN HELP THIS MARINE? PLEASE HELP.
SEMPER FI :usmc:
Mark