PDA

View Full Version : How freaking awesome is this???

Achped
11-13-06, 08:32 PM
All the branches are having a swear-in ceremony for their DEPers this Sunday...ON THE FIELD OF THE TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS FOOTBALL STADIUM!!!!!

Only 34 Marine poolees are invited, 16 are from my RS.

We get to get sworn in (which will be on national TV) before the game AND get to watch it from the sidelines!

Definitely tune into that game if you can, this will be the first time a bunch of Marines (from my RS) will be gathered around a bunch of other poolees from the other services. Can't wait to see how we "interact" during the game. (Hint: We'll be in the front row ;))

Freaking sweet!

quillhill
11-13-06, 09:20 PM
That is awesome. I will be tuning in to this. Get pics. I want to compare them to how you look when you graduate from recruit training.

Have an awesome time!

jackson07
11-13-06, 10:11 PM
Pretty cool deal. I wish I could have been sworn in with a large group. What officer is going to swear everyone in, do you know?

jinelson
11-14-06, 01:24 AM
OORAH!!! Make us proud! I'll be watching!

Achped
11-14-06, 05:29 AM
Pretty cool deal. I wish I could have been sworn in with a large group. What officer is going to swear everyone in, do you know?

Well we've sworn in already, this is for people who are already in DEP. I don't know any details yet. I'll find out.

jackson07
11-14-06, 06:55 AM
Ya, thats what I ment, but no big. I hope you have fun with it, what a treat. :p

rb1651
11-14-06, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the tip, Matt!! I generally don't watch football during NASCAR season, but this will definitely be an exception. Stand Tall and make us proud!!!

USMCBOXER
11-14-06, 09:20 AM
Outstanding. Will definitely tune in to watch.
:thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-14-06, 10:13 AM
I doubt I'll get to watch, Tampa isn't exactly in the rotation here in Oklahoma. But I'll try to have my Dad get it on DVD. He probably will anyway, he's been a huge Bucs fan since he moved to Florida.

Osotogary
11-14-06, 10:16 AM
Be sure you stand erect and with proper poster. Ooops, maybe you ought to just stand with proper posture. LOL. I'll be sure to take a peek this sunday. 34 Marine Poolies? My son was telling me that there was a Veteran's Day Celebration at the college he attends and plays football. It took place on the football field and all the veterans were asked to come forward. He was the only one representing the United States Marine Corps. Talk about the Few and the Proud. I know that you will feel like you have never felt before this coming sunday's event. Enjoy it to the maximum. Thanks for the "heads up".
Gary

Achped
11-14-06, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it's going to be proportional to all the other branches. 34 Marine poolees, but there will be 500 poolees total. (like 80% of them are Army)

That's the way I like it though, the bigger a Corps gets the less it stays together. Marines are loyal to the Corps, soldiers for the most part seem to be loyal to their unit but given that they're moved around all the time they never really stick with anyone long enough to develop a close bond or "esprit" anyways.

We Marine poolees have already talked about it, we're all going to be standing at attention as perfect as we nasty civilians can. Feet at a 45* angle, thumbs along the trouser seem, shoulders back, chin up, fingers in their natural curl, knees slightly bent....we got it :)

Marine Shu
11-15-06, 01:41 AM
That's awesome! If I get to see the Bucs play up here in NY, I will definately watch. And I am rooting for them as well, since I am an Eagles fan (I grew up 45 mins west of Philly) and Washington is in their division. Have fun, I wish I could do something like that!

Adam1988
11-15-06, 04:13 AM
My favorite part is you get to watch my Redskins kill the Bucs in person :)

Jason Campbell is starting!

Haha I'll definately be checking it out though.