PDA

View Full Version : Well, I picked an MOS and I'm Outta Here

WanderWannabe
11-13-06, 04:20 PM
I finally picked an MOS -- 43 Public Affairs. Fun part is, seeing as the spot for that job is open and closed so quick, that I may be shipping out as soon as Monday, instead of January.

I'm waiting on my last interview with the public affairs liason, and I'm good. This may be my last post here for awhile, so I'd like to thank the Marines here who have given me advice and motovation. Hopefully, I'll be back in 13 weeks as one of you.

jinelson
11-14-06, 02:08 AM
Keep us updated Michael I like to know where my pups are at all times. Good luck to you and never doubt yourself, just give it everything you got and then some! And dont forget to check back in as a Marine and share your experiences with those that will follow you.

OORAH!!!

Jim

rb1651
11-14-06, 07:22 AM
No hopefully involved, Michael. Stay moto, and as Jim said, keep us posted. Best of luck to you, and report back once you have earned your EGA.

Osotogary
11-14-06, 12:23 PM
WanderWannabe- <br />
Public Affairs? <br />
There was a Public Affairs Officer on the USS Kearsarge that took the time to forward a message of mine for my son and his fellow MEU Marines right around Father's...

quillhill
11-14-06, 01:46 PM
The first Marine I met when getting ready to interview Cpl. Seeley a year ago was an enlisted public affairs Marine, SSgt. Goodwin, who called me on my cell phone on a Friday afternoon from Twentynine Palms to make sure I wasn't going to villify Seeley.
He called and left a message on my cell. Didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. After listening to his message, I called him right back, last thing I wanted to do was anger a Marine. He turned out to be a great guy and once we figured out we were on the same page, it worked out just fine. I could tell it was important to him to protect an individual Marine as much as it was to protect the image of the Corps.
If I were to join the Marine Corps, I would want to go into public affairs, so I am stoked for you.
I won't wish you luck because I know you won't need it. Do keep us posted on the ship date. Maybe someday you'll get posted up here and you'll help me coordinate interviews with Marines. :)

WanderWannabe
11-14-06, 02:03 PM
Well, now I feel like a numbnuts. I did my interview with the district liason for public affairs, and passed, but he informed my recruiter that the paperwork is going to take a bit longer than we thought, so I will not be leaving on Monday. I am now waiting on whenever that is finished.

Thanks guys, but it looks like I'm still going to be here for a bit. Lesson learned. Be flexible.

WanderWannabe
11-15-06, 11:41 AM
Okay. Real flexible. I am now, 100% leaving for MCRDSD on November 27th as a 43 option. Sorry for the confusion. I'll report back here when I come back, hopefully at the end of February.

PooleeWill
11-15-06, 01:47 PM
Okay. Real flexible. I am now, 100% leaving for MCRDSD on November 27th as a 43 option. Sorry for the confusion. I'll report back here when I come back, hopefully at the end of February.

dude I am going to the same place maybe il see you there. I am leaving with my friend too.

WanderWannabe
11-15-06, 02:06 PM
Well, good luck either way bro. I'm soon to be Recruit Darnell. I'll be the bald one. :D

PooleeWill
11-15-06, 02:10 PM
Well, good luck either way bro. I'm soon to be Recruit Darnell. I'll be the bald one. :D

I will be Recruit Goth :) !

WanderWannabe
11-15-06, 02:42 PM
I will be Recruit Goth :) !

That won't be hard to remeber. Maybe we'll be in the same platoon. You never know.

quillhill
11-15-06, 03:10 PM

That is still quite a bit sooner than your original ship date, right?

Congratulations on getting that nailed down. So, that's a little more than a week! Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration and the time with your family.

Look forward to seeing you back here in February and with that coveted title. Once you get through MOS training, I'd love to hear more about that, since it's the closest to what I do in the real world as the Marine Corps is gonna get. ;)

Enough of my blabbering. I'm sure you've got some recruit knowledge to be brushing up on ...