PDA

View Full Version : Marine killed in Iraq is remembered

thedrifter
11-13-06, 04:11 PM
Marine killed in Iraq is remembered

SOLDOTNA, Alaska (AP 11/13/06) - The National Guard Armory was overflowing, yesterday, with local residents wanting to pay tribute to Corporal Michael Lasky of the United States Marines, who was killed in combat in Iraq on November 2nd.

The major part of the service was a celebration of Michael's life on the Kenai Peninsula and in the Marines through numerous slides put together by his family.

The slideshow viewed by hundreds of friends and family members, showed Michael as a boy scout, a young marine, a wrestler for Skyview High School, a son, husband, father, and also a young marine soldier serving his country in Iraq.

The service also included words from Soldotna Mayor Dave Carey, who remembered Michael.

Carey mentioned that Michael always saw the lighter side of any situation. Mayor Carey said, "It was always fun to be around Mike."

Yesterday's memorial also included the traditional 21-gun salute and the playing of Taps for a fallen soldier.

Even though Mike's family requested that yesterday's service be a joyful celebration of Mike's life, it was still hard for many to hold back the tears during the memorial for the Kenai Peninsula's first fallen soldier from the Iraq War.

Corporal Michael Lasky of the Marine Forces Reserves, 4th Reconnaissance Battalion, will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. He leaves behind his wife, Jessica and his one-year-old daughter Liberty.

(Thanks Joe Nicks, KWHQ)

Ellie

Eagle57
12-08-06, 05:27 AM
Rest in Peace Marine...No more Thoughts, No More Worries, God Will Take Care of Your Family. Your Fellow Marine's will take Over. <br />
I joined in 1976 and I have No Experiation date on my Honorable...

FistFu68
12-08-06, 05:44 AM
:usmc: OF HIS HONOR~AND HIS GLORY~THE PEOPLE WOULD~SING :usmc:

spike7451
12-08-06, 09:17 AM
At the going down of the sun,
and in the morning,
We will remember them.
RIP.