PDA

View Full Version : Advice and Warning

KMichael
11-11-06, 05:19 PM
I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made, Ooh-Rah... It's 90% mental and 10% physical... It's all just one giant mind f*ck... It's all what you make of it... I personally loved it... One of the easiest thins I did when I stopped analyzing everything they said... Now for the warning... Don't go to sick call trying to get on light duty because you don't want to train... If you're going to be that much of a p*ssy then I don't want you in my Corps... Put up or join the Air Force...

outlaw3179
11-11-06, 08:46 PM
lol..good s*it Marine. Semper Fi .

Marine84
11-12-06, 11:10 AM
I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made, Ooh-Rah... It's 90% mental and 10% physical... It's all just one giant mind f*ck... It's all what you make of it... I personally loved it... One of the easiest thins I did when I stopped analyzing everything they said... Now for the warning... Don't go to sick call trying to get on light duty because you don't want to train... If you're going to be that much of a p*ssy then I don't want you in my Corps... Put up or join the Air Force...

LOL! You go girl! Tell 'em like it is!

USMCVet1992
11-18-06, 02:13 PM
PI....Everybody knows that the best Marines are made in Hollywood....LOL Get Some Marine...:marine: For those who go to sick call, ya better learn to suck it up, this aint the Coast Guard!:flag:

SgtHMH
11-18-06, 03:53 PM
Hey Marines, we should put the PI and Diego away. MCRD should only matter here. There is no E or W on our uniforms to show anything either. We are Marines, just because of the river we get sent to one or the other MCRD. I went SD, and served with alot of Marines that went to PI. and we are all the same Marine Green. We all wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and that is what only matters here. The Few the Proud The Marines. Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss

SgtHopperUSMC
11-18-06, 05:27 PM
Hey Marines, we should put the PI and Diego away. MCRD should only matter here. There is no E or W on our uniforms to show anything either. We are Marines, just because of the river we get sent to one or the other MCRD. I went SD, and served with alot of Marines that went to PI. and we are all the same Marine Green. We all wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor and that is what only matters here. The Few the Proud The Marines. Semper Fi

Sgt. Hoss Hollywood Marine->:marine:....... P.I. Marine-> :evilgrin:..... nuff said.. he he he

jinelson
11-18-06, 07:55 PM
nuff said OORAH!!!

GearheadJLM
11-29-06, 10:50 AM
I just graduated from MCRD Parris Island and my Senior Drill Instructor, SDI GySgt Pevehouse, is a Hollywood Marine, and he said that Parris Island produces more disciplined Marines. Hell, Hollywood doesn't have sand fleas!

Anyway my advice would be to keep the right mind set. Before you ship exspect the worst, so that nothing is a suprise. When you're down there getting slaughtered just remember why you went down there, and remember that it's not supposed to be easy. Focus on pushing yourself further and further, strive to do you best. Don't go to Medical unless your leg is bent backwards or something. The only time I had to go on light duty was durning team week when the pull my wisdom teeth. If you hurt your knee or something like that or are sick, just talk to your SDI, he'll most likely give you something to help out.

jinelson
11-29-06, 01:58 PM
Congratulations and welcome back Marine. I will get your membership status upgraded to Marine. Feel free to post your advice to the Poolees that follow you in the Former Poolee Advice Forum. Enjoy your leave you earned it.

Semper Fi

Jim

rktect3j
11-29-06, 02:02 PM
I graduated about 6 months ago from MCRD Parris Island... Where the real Marines are made
Isn't this where the girls go? I once heard they send the girls east and the men west.

wbob
11-29-06, 02:10 PM
San Diego 1974
VMFP-3 Photo Recon Squadron, Aerial Camera Tech 1975-1978
El Toro, 29 Stumps, Yuma, Cherry Point, Iwakuni, USS Midway and points West Pac

wbob
11-29-06, 02:13 PM
Usually (what I was told) they do the Mississippi River as west-east. When I went it was where they needed the bodies the most.

KittyRina
07-28-07, 02:54 PM
Isn't this where the girls go? I once heard they send the girls east and the men west.

Any men east of the Mississippi go to PI, any west of the Mississippi go to SD. All females go to PI.

jetdoc
07-28-07, 03:05 PM
San Diego 1974
VMFP-3 Photo Recon Squadron, Aerial Camera Tech 1975-1978
El Toro, 29 Stumps, Yuma, Cherry Point, Iwakuni, USS Midway and points West Pac

Hey wbob, another VMFP-3 guy, cool. Hey brother I was there a bit after you, I got there in late 79 and left in late 81. We must know the same guys, what shop were you? I was a "metal mauler".

I will hit you up on a PM or email as you don't seem to post much. s/f.

bgsuwoody
07-28-07, 03:12 PM
Any men east of the Mississippi go to PI, any west of the Mississippi go to SD. All females go to PI.

I think you missed the joke Kitty, its one of the PI v. SD things lol. However, why are you answering threads from 2006...just wondering?

jetdoc
07-28-07, 03:20 PM
KMichael, good for you lady, PI kicks butt and you know it. Those of us that have been to Bootcamp try to tell the Poolees that it mostly mental.

I was just down at PI in June, we were checking out the 4th for my one daughter....those ladies that seemed to be in 3rd phase were squared away for sure.

You now have a life long membership in one of the most exclusive clubs in the world, the United States Marine Corps, s/f.

sparkie
07-28-07, 03:21 PM
The Hollywood vs the Real Marine thing will never go away, you hollywoods just have to get over it. Gosh.... Hollywood......Air Wing.... How bad can things get? ;]

good job.Marine!!!!!

jetdoc
07-28-07, 03:22 PM
crap Woody, I got drawn into this and was wondering why I had not seen that Bob guy....jeez, Im outta here. I didnt ck the date..oh well, only a few key strokes, lol

KittyRina
07-28-07, 03:28 PM
I think you missed the joke Kitty, its one of the PI v. SD things lol. However, why are you answering threads from 2006...just wondering?

because i read it.. thought it was a legitimate question.. and thought i'd help someone.

sparkie
07-28-07, 03:36 PM
It' fun to be lost in space.... thats my house;]

thedrifter
07-29-07, 10:43 AM
When You don't nothing yet....You can't give a correct answer....

That's why You poolee's are here to LEARN;)

Ellie

Sgt Jim
07-29-07, 02:21 PM
to all male poolees,do not eyeball the windows at the WM,s barracks,if you pull guard duty there.you thank your DI,s a mean sob,you an,t seen nothing yet,WM DI.s are the worst!!!!

Sgt Jim
07-29-07, 02:25 PM
PI,Hollywood, same color green.

jpal3451
08-11-07, 01:24 PM
PI....Everybody knows that the best Marines are made in Hollywood....LOL Get Some Marine...:marine: For those who go to sick call, ya better learn to suck it up, this aint the Coast Guard!:flag:

negative, I see so many more nasty boots from MCRD SD than PI.

PooleeAdams 1
08-20-07, 12:47 PM
PI,Hollywood, same color green.

Too true Sgt. Too bad they don't get it.

TooTall8689
04-19-09, 01:56 AM
Im from Mississippi. So I went Parris Island. Either one would have been fine for me. Cause your gonna get trained, dont worry about that. I have since spent my entire first enlist on the west....as in Cali and Hawaii west. The only time I go east is the Middle East lol. Although on this deployment we did stop in Mississippi on our way to Iraq to pick up some SeaBees. As you figure that kinda hurt, lol. I would have chose the island anyway, just cause its known by most as where Marines go to bootcamp, mostly made famous by "Full Metal Jacket." But hey, dosent matter. Either way we are all Marines. And thats all that really matters.
Semper Fi

SgtHopperUSMC
04-19-09, 07:46 AM
Im from Mississippi. So I went Parris Island. Either one would have been fine for me. Cause your gonna get trained, dont worry about that. I have since spent my entire first enlist on the west....as in Cali and Hawaii west. The only time I go east is the Middle East lol. Although on this deployment we did stop in Mississippi on our way to Iraq to pick up some SeaBees. As you figure that kinda hurt, lol. I would have chose the island anyway, just cause its known by most as where Marines go to bootcamp, mostly made famous by "Full Metal Jacket." But hey, dosent matter. Either way we are all Marines. And thats all that really matters.
Semper FiP.I. was made famous by the blood and guts of Marines past not some movie....

Rocky C
04-19-09, 08:09 AM
Parris Island, June, July, August, 1977 120 Degrees in the SHADE!!!
Gotta Love It.
Semper Fi,
Rocky

TooTall8689
04-19-09, 11:25 AM
P.I. was made famous by the blood and guts of Marines past not some movie....

Why do some people take this **** so seriously, damn. Sorry, just seemed to be the way myself, and most people I know, new about Parris Island. Didnt mean to **** anyone off. Don't know what the **** I was thinking. Now they are gonna shave my head and send me to Iraq....too bad I gotta leave first. --All smiles gents.

rgrajagiri
09-02-09, 02:24 AM
your advice and warning is good