PDA

View Full Version : Not only alive and kickin.. I'ma FIGHTIN!

JWG
11-11-06, 08:30 AM
Hey all,

I know I've been gone and my focus has been on schoolwork and getting the experience I can in Law Enforcement but do NOT think you all are not in the back of my mind each and every day.

On this Veteran's Day I could not help but poke my head in and hopefully more often after this. It seems like just yesterday is was Veteran's Day 2005. Boy, I'm really starting to lose track of time here; heh.

You see, no matter what you do in life; after you are touched and get a taste of the Corps; you can NEVER go back. You may run off for a few days, months, or years.. but you can never lose the fragment of you that is mean't to be; and IS a MARINE.

You can be kicked, stabbed, shot, and dieing in a hospital bed; but one thing will always remain and even after death. That is the Devil Dog inside of you.

You all, my brothers; and my future brothers -- will ALWAYS be just that.

I'm home again. God Bless you ALL! :beer:

jinelson
11-11-06, 09:28 AM
Its great to hear from you Jon and Im so glad that you are doing well. You have been missed a lot, you have a way motivating others and that is a fine leadership quality that will serve you well in the Corps and all lifes ndeavors. There have been a few missing person threads regarding your whereabouts and they show that others feel the same as me. Ive been waiting to see your ugly mug on a milk carton lol. . You will make a fine Marine one day. OORAH!!!

Jim

rb1651
11-11-06, 10:40 AM
Jon, welcome back, my young friend. Glad to hear you are doing well, and I have the upmost respect for you. You have your priorities in the right spot. Your education is much more valuable, so if you find it necessary to drop out occasionally to re-focus, more power to you. Just remember, we will be here for you when we are needed.

(And as Jim has said, you have been missed!)

JWG
11-11-06, 12:00 PM
Thanks guys, you don't know how much it is appreciated. Just glad to help out.

As for education; I'm really trying to saddle down and keep good grades. It's good to know that you all are so supportful of that and understand my absences.

Doing my best; all we can do.

quillhill
11-11-06, 02:51 PM
So, should we be expecting a report card with straight As, Jon? ;)

Heh. I know I expect nothing less from ya.

JWG
11-12-06, 09:35 AM
So, should we be expecting a report card with straight As, Jon? ;)

Heh. I know I expect nothing less from ya.

Well.. let's go with A's and B's. Maybe a C poking out from time to time.

:D