PDA

View Full Version : Pullup Workout I Invented(Maybe)

PerXes
11-09-06, 03:36 PM
I was walking home from classes a couple weeks ago, and I thought of this. It's really simple, but it makes my arms tired as all get out.

First off, this requires the buddy system, so it may limit how many people can do it.

First thing you do is set a goal for yourself. "How many pullups would I want to do right now?" Now, make it a reasonable number..if you can only do 5, don't pick 20 or something. Set your goal at say..10, or 5 over whatever you can do now.

Now, you do a max set. Once you cannot physically do any more pullups, your buddy assists you for the remaining pullups until you get to your goal. Then, you do the same for him.

Next, you do a maximum effort set, and once you can't do any more, have your buddy help you do 5. Note that if your buddy is the only one really working, you should stop short of the 5.

For your third and final set, just do a maximum effort set.

Rest times between sets should just be a breather. Get so that you feel like you could do some more pullups, and then do them..you'll know what it feels like.

I should also note: when you're assisting, don't do the pullup for them. Just give them the bare minimum that they need to get up there. When I do it, I wait until my buddy is struggling, then I give him a little more push.

I've only done this 3 times and I've already gained a pullup, so I think it can probably work really well for everyone.

Gabe
11-24-06, 08:29 PM
I use the same method right now with my dad it seems to work.
-Gabe

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-24-06, 08:58 PM
We did something similiar with our remedial PT guys. But, they always made it to 20, assisted or not.