PDA

View Full Version : Numbers are Growing...for the DC Trip......

thedrifter
01-23-03, 12:20 PM
This will be were Freebird or I will place the names of the folks that are saying they are going on the DC Trip.......
Each day I will update the List....to keep all informed who is going.....If you are bringing a spouse or a friend please include that in your post.........
We all are looking foward in placing a face to the name.....
That is if we do remember any after all the partying will all do..in between all the other activities..LOL.......
Well Jerry I guess we have to look for a Hotel since Cas is not having us stay at her place.......... LOL.....

Please place your name in the D C Reunion Trip This Year.........forum..........

Sempers,

Roger

thedrifter
01-23-03, 12:26 PM
1. The Drifter (Roger)

2. Ellie (The Drifter's wife)

3. SpringDawn (Drifter's daughter)

4. Freebird (Mike)

5. Mrs. Freebird

6. Jerry Shaffer....Webmaster

7. mrbsox (Terry)

8. Joe Gore

9. Cas3 (Colleen)

10. Chick

11. ChicagoUSMC

12. JAMarine

13. sundoo

14. Mrs sundoo

15. USMC0311(JoeT)

16. prmama (Heather)

17. Sixguns

18. Joe Ruffing

19. Reefer Madness (Drifter's Son)

20. marinemom

sundoo
02-10-03, 07:43 PM
I'm interested in more info on the trip. I'd like to attend with my wife (USA).

thedrifter
02-10-03, 07:53 PM
First I would like to Welcome You .......
Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

I will place you and your better half down....

We are still working on the plans and Hotel Reservations...but as soon as we get them we will let all know....

Sempers,

Roger

Enfield
02-27-03, 08:37 PM
when is this reunion?

Sixguns
02-27-03, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't miss it.

For anyone who might be coming in early, you are cordially invited to my retirement ceremony which is sceduled for May 9, 2003 (unless something weird happens). I'm trying to arrange for the pavilion at the Medal of Honor Golf Course in Quantico. I'll post the invite here for everyone to RSVP. Don't worry, the first round (and maybe more) will be on me. Maybe this is yet another reason to signup for the reunion!!!! LOL.

SF

Shaffer
02-27-03, 09:30 PM
Reunion dates are from May 15-18 in Washington, DC.

Joe Ruffing
02-27-03, 10:46 PM
Hey Brothers; I would love to go[Is that rooming house still open by the USNH, in the town of Quantico?
Joe

thedrifter
02-27-03, 10:49 PM
There's always room.......Will place your name down on the list.....

Just keep checking the forum for more info about the trip....

Right now working on getting a hotel for us.....

Sempers,

Roger

marinemom
02-28-03, 05:56 AM
Count me in - it is on my birthday after all.

Anyone needing hotels checked out, I'll be happy to do it -I think I am already picking up JAMarine at the airport lol - just let me know if you want me to do it, the dates you need a room and the number of people. ...and the budget.

thedrifter
02-28-03, 06:48 AM
Thanks marinemom........Just added your name........

So I see JAMarine used his incredable charm on you....LOL....

That's our JAM......

Sempers,

Roger

marinemom
02-28-03, 09:16 AM
Mmmm, drifter - don't ALL marines have incredible charm???

USMC0311
02-28-03, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by marinemom
Mmmm, drifter - don't ALL marines have incredible charm???

:no: , but when they don't; they make-up for it with dedication and determination;)

thedrifter
02-28-03, 02:47 PM
marinemom

Well I know you have been hanging with us Marines too long.....You are giving out our secrets...:D

My wife will tell you.....USMC0311 has his own special way of sweet talking the women..... ;)

Sempers,

ROger

CAS3
03-05-03, 10:08 AM
need a head count for 8th and I busing, parade, visit barracks and visit to Quantico.....

CAS3
03-13-03, 06:28 AM
Just found out..this is the same weekend as the National Law Enforcement Week. Going to be very safe around here!!!
Please contact us ASAP if more rooms need to be booked and who is using the rooms I have booked.

thedrifter
03-13-03, 12:14 PM
Found out that Operation Military Pride....... will be there too.....for a Candle Light and Yellow Ribbon Service to Support our Troops.....
Check out the web site........there is also good info on Care Packages....

There is still time for folks to come join in the fun.....
We are still working on a few projects....when we have everything in order we will annouce what we are planning on doing.....

http://www.operationmilitarypride.org/index.html

Sempers,

Roger

Red Dragon
03-20-03, 02:59 PM
Was planning on going on trip but do to circumstances beyon my control, I will be unable to attend. Maybe next year if you have another trip.

Red Dragon aka HL