PDA

View Full Version : I need three more... QUICK

Wolfman07
11-08-06, 07:16 PM
Ok so heres the story Im locked in a life or death battle(or pull-ups contest) between someone at my recruiters office and I got 18 pull-ups and he got 20. So I need three more, Ive come along way from the six I did the first time I did pull-ups at the recruiters last june, but I'm not happy with lossing so any advice would be great. Thank you.

jinelson
11-08-06, 07:24 PM
Try contacting smalcom by PM he is our sites resident pullup guru. Sean is a great guy and Im sure he will have some good advice for you. Good Luck!

Jim

Wolfman07
11-08-06, 07:34 PM
Thank you.

Accord
11-08-06, 09:12 PM
When you're getting high pullup numbers that are between 18 and 20, the difference between 2 or 3 more is all mental.

christine_06
11-08-06, 09:57 PM
I have to agree with SSgt Nelson on that one, Smalcom has his ways to improve whatever you need help on, but no matter what you always have to remember to strive to be better. good luck.

sabbs88
11-08-06, 11:59 PM
i count up to 5 then stop then count to 5 again and do that as much as you can. its a mental thing. try it.

1stRad2671
11-09-06, 11:29 AM
Get your blood pumping ahead of time. A short jog or some push-ups will do. Whatever it takes to get you feeling a little warm all over. Also breathe deeply. You want to get as much oxygen in your blood as possible. Combined these will supply your muscles with as much oxygen as possible. Don't forget to breathe when you're actually doing the pull-ups.

poolie13
11-09-06, 03:56 PM
Just Keep doing pull- ups! My Recruiter told me, "if pull- ups is your weakness then get on the bar and do some pull- ups, if your not good at sit-ups then do some more sit-ups, and if can't run or finish IST run then get out and run!" Keep pushing yourself til you can do it!

JoeSzynal
11-09-06, 04:00 PM
Don't forget you are allowed to switch your grip whenever you want. If you need to go palms in/out or close/wide grip for those last three, go for it.