PDA

View Full Version : Today is a good day in America.

Hobson
11-08-06, 02:36 AM
A new, better direction for America. (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/election.main/index.html) (CNN) -- Democrats will take control of the House of Representatives for the first time since the 1994 Republican revolution, while control of the Senate hangs in the balance, CNN projects. Democratic challengers have picked up four seats in the Senate, CNN projects. Republicans would need to take just one of the two remaining competitive races to keep control of the chamber. Results are still too close to call in Montana and Virginia. Republican Sen. Jim Talent of Missouri conceded defeat to Democrat Claire McCaskill early Wednesday after a hard-fought race, telling supporters that "the headwind was just very, very strong this year." With all polls now closed after Tuesday's midterm elections, CNN projects that Democrats will pick up 22 seats, more than the 15 they needed to capture a majority in the House. (Latest House news) "Tonight is a great victory for the American people," said House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, who is poised to become the first female speaker of the House. "The American people voted for a new direction." She vowed "civility and bipartisanship" but confronted the president over his Iraq policy: "Mr. President, we need a new direction in Iraq." (Watch Pelosi challenge the president -- 4:43 Video) The projected result means that President Bush for the first time faces the prospect of working with a Democratic-controlled House. Bush, whose anemic approval ratings proved a drag on Republican prospects, was described as "disappointed" with the House results. However, spokesman Tony Fratto said the president was "still optimistic about the Senate." White House spokesman Tony Snow said the president would telephone Pelosi on Wednesday to offer congratulations. "We're going to get a lot done," Snow said. "On energy, education, those are clearly things we can work on." The Democratic pickups in the House included three seats vacated by Republicans amid controversy: Mark Foley's in Florida, Bob Ney's in Ohio and Tom DeLay's in Texas. With more voters than ever using electronic voting machines, scattered glitches reported across the country prompted officials to extend voting hours in some areas. (Full story) 'Biting our nails' Thirty-three Senate seats were at stake, but only nine races were considered competitive. In Virginia, embattled Republican Sen. George Allen and his Democratic challenger, Jim Webb, were locked in a virtual tie, separated by fewer than 3,000 votes with 99 percent of precincts reporting. "We are right now biting our nails about Virginia, which is neck and neck," Sen. Chuck Schumer, the chairman of the Democrats' Senate campaign effort, told supporters. Webb declared victory early Wednesday, saying, "The votes are in, and we won." But a recount appeared likely. "The election continues," Allen vowed. "I know the counting will continue through the night." Republican candidate Bob Corker will win the Tennessee Senate race, defeating Democratic Rep. Harold Ford Jr., CNN projects. He'll fill the open seat now held by retiring Republican Bill Frist, the Senate majority leader. If the parties split the Virginia and Montana races, that would create a 50-50 breakdown in the Senate. In that event, Vice President Dick Cheney would break tie votes. Democratic senator-turned-independent candidate Joe Lieberman will win the Connecticut Senate race, CNN projects. Both he and newly elected independent Bernie Sanders in Vermont have said they will caucus with the Democrats. (Watch Joe Lieberman become a "comeback kid" -- 1:58 Video) Democratic challenger Sheldon Whitehouse will win the Rhode Island Senate race, defeating Republican incumbent Lincoln Chafee, CNN projects. (Full Senate news) Two-term Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, the chamber's third-ranking Republican, has conceded to Bob Casey Jr. And Democrat Sherrod Brown will defeat GOP Sen. Mike DeWine in Ohio, CNN projects. "This just was a little too steep of a mountain to climb," said Santorum, an outspoken opponent of abortion and same-sex marriage. And DeWine, also a two-term senator, told supporters: "It just was not to be. This was not the year." Democrats have retained two of their Senate seats that were considered competitive, with incumbent Bob Menendez winning in New Jersey and Ben Cardin taking Maryland, CNN projects. Defying the traditional political maxim that "all politics is local," 62 percent of voters said in exit polls that national issues mattered more than local issues. The exit polls showed that 42 percent of voters called corruption an extremely important issue in their choices at the polls, followed by terrorism at 40 percent, the economy at 39 percent and the war in Iraq at 37 percent. Other developments: # Six governorships changed from Republican to Democratic hands in Tuesday's election, giving Democrats control of a majority of the top state posts for the first time in 12 years. Among those lost by Republicans were New York, Ohio and Massachusetts, all of which they had held for more than a decade. Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger won re-election in California. (Governors races) # Also appearing on state ballots are a string of referendums, some controversial. In two of them, CNN projects that state constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage will pass in Virginia and Tennessee. CNN also projects that Arizona voters will approve a measure making English the official language of the state, and that South Dakota voters will reject a proposed law that would ban nearly all abortions. (Ballot initiatives)

rktect3j
11-08-06, 06:32 AM
We're freakin DOOMED now. Say bye bye to our military.

rb1651
11-08-06, 08:27 AM
These are certainly going to be uncertain times. I think it might be time to head to Gander Mountain and stock up on the ammo and supplies while I still have the right.

Devildogg4ever
11-08-06, 09:28 AM
Yep, I agree with the both of you!! Gonna be some dark days ahead!!

Osotogary
11-08-06, 09:32 AM
All this plus pictures of the former President Jimmy Carter with Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua. I hurt my neck just shaking it from side to side.

On a side note- I have always thought that if politicians, regardless of political party affiliation, weren't upfront with the American public then change would take place but, sometimes, not necessarily for the better.

Osotogary
11-08-06, 09:46 AM
How many voters do you think voted for a candidate not because they were either Democrat, Republican or Other but because they just seemed to be the better candidate?
On the other hand it seems that just being affiliated with the Republican Party was a political death sentence for some quality Republican candidates and incumbants. (Almost like guilt by association)

jinelson
11-08-06, 11:34 AM
God Save The Republic! We have just sent the enemy a wonderful message Allah Akbar!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/MurthaPuppetSm.jpg

ridingcrops
11-08-06, 12:00 PM
I think some of you should really try to find out what's going on here.
They always get on the Dems for not voting for military spending,but did you know that in the 70s when Cheney was Sec he cut the budget for weapons systems that the Dems voted for? And now they use this tact that the Dems didn't vote for them.
This and the fact that dubya deserted his obligation during VietNam and Cheny dodged the draft 5 times with the excuse that he was too busy to serve. Then they started the Swifty Boat lies which were proven to be just that, all lies. And when they thought McCain would run for the Presidency they started rumors that he was unfit mentally because he had been a POW.
With this bunch in office we are in a war we shouldn't have started as we should have used our forces to hunt down the real terrorist BenLaden who dubya says "I don't think about him much".
Don't get me wrong, I support each and ever one of these fine brave service men and women which is a lot more than I can say that we had during VietNam. But the lose of life for oil and to help your buddies in Haliburton get their no bid contracts is more of an insult to those in service. This is the party that shafted all Vets too by taking away their benefits under the table and not letting them know about it till it was too late.
More looking into the facts and less listening to those who would have you believe sound bites would give you a different outlook on the real picture.
dubya the deserter who broke off talks with the N. Koreans when he took office and told the Clinton people he knew what he was doing is now trying to make up for 6 years of doing the wrong thing. Not thinking of the worlds leading terrorist and trying to make everyone think that Iraq had something to do with 9/11. Lying about WMDs and when that didn't work saying Nation building "as it says in the Constitution". Hot flash guys, it says nothing like that in the Constitution.
And not all Dems are against gun control. That is just more of the Rep BS to make you not think about the truth behind their agenda.
If you get the time on Sundays you might check out meet the prress especially last weeek on 11/5 when Libby Dole kept spouting off lies and when called about it By Russert she just kept talking and said the same thing over and over. The lies are what is getting our troops killed and although it is a nobel cause it's time to take them out of harms way and tell the Iraqis to stand up on their own. But then we couldn't pump the oil into Haliburton tankers for free.

Osotogary
11-08-06, 12:07 PM
Sometimes voting for the best candidate is not good enough because the best candidate may be part of the wrong political vehicle.

Dave Coup
11-08-06, 12:14 PM
Sounds like the 'Ghost Writer' for 10th Zodiac. "Bush lied" "No WMD"s Blah, blah, blah. Speaking of facts, go back and read or listen to some of the speeches Dems made re. Sadaam and Iraq prior to and at the start of the war.

10thzodiac
11-08-06, 12:27 PM
But really it's Washington and thier masters called the Military Industrial Complex. Still the number one money hole of all US tax dollars. HALF of all US taxes go into this hole... and without a war, what excuse would Washington have for spending all of Americas money on a military machine larger than all the other armies on Earth... combined?

The current "War on Terror" is just another Cold War. It will never end, it's what America is REALLY about.

ggyoung
11-08-06, 01:17 PM
I hope that my 2 sons get out of the military when there time is up. It looks like it's time to buy more ammo and burry my guns.

jinelson
11-08-06, 01:25 PM
In a year or so, those who put the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, John Conyers, John Murtha, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the pot smoking, baby killing, tax raising, amnesty granting, terrorist protecting, cut and run cowards into power positions will think they are back in college.

Why?

Because they are going to feel exactly the same way they did back then: they are going to go to bed drunk with a beautiful woman, but wake up with some nasty, fat skank and ask themselves, "How in the HELL did I get myself into THIS mess?"

FistFu68
11-08-06, 01:29 PM
:evilgrin: GET~CAUGHT WITH A GUN IN MARYLAND,AND THEY WILL BE PUMPING DAY LIGHT TO YOU'R AZZ;IN JESSUP CUTT! FOR THE REST OF YOU'R NATURAL LIFE!!! FRIGGING DEM'S~MADE THAT STATE LITTLE USSR!!!:evilgrin:

eddief
11-08-06, 01:32 PM
It looks like the Dems get the Senate too barring a miracle for Allen in Va. Sweet!

Finally some checks and balances on Bush.

Read em and weep Repubs. The American people didn't fall for Rove's scare tactics. This was a referendum on Bush and Rummy's FAILURE in Iraq.

hoytarcher45
11-08-06, 03:46 PM
Hell yeah man, Howard county has gotten so bad. Don't ever let anyone tell you that Republicans are more currupt and money hungry than Democrats. All of the local politicians take money from developers and its turning a farming county into a sprawling metropolis. The democrats dont give a S__t.

ggyoung
11-08-06, 04:06 PM
I do not want to see any of them jackass's runing around here in Utah. They are enough trouble here as it is. The damn tree huggers, bunney huggers and anti gun nut demmos are a threatined bunch here in the west anyway. There is a town here in southeren Utah where the city pased a law that everyone must own a gun. The logers in this country are just about a thing of the past. We have big humongus stands of dead pine tress on our mountains and they sit there and rott. Why, becouse them damn jackass's have had control in the past. Which language should we learn to speak now? I could go on and on but I' going to dig some holes for my guns. I will only have cheap guns on hand so they can take them away. Just like they did to the good people of Vietnam.

FistFu68
11-08-06, 06:34 PM
:usmc: RIGHT~ON,HOYT45;I'VE BEEN PAYING MY 83 YR.OLD MOTHER'S PROPERTY TAXES.SHE LIVE'S IN HAGERSTOWN,MOVED MY BANG-BANG'S;OUTTA STATE!GONNA DO WHAT GGYOUNG SAY'S,BURY MY GOOD CHIT;AND START KEEPING MY $100.OO SKS'S AROUND!THE TIME'S THEY ARE A CHANGING. A HARD RAIN IS GONNA FALL!!! :usmc: :iwo:

10thzodiac
11-08-06, 07:22 PM
I had an FFL during the assault weapons ban, a friend (army) asked me to pick him up a couple Ruger 9's. I asked, was it for protection when he was on the road (rest areas). He replied, " no, if they want me, I'll never see it coming, just want them as an investment."

Does that ring true ?

SF
10th

10thzodiac
11-08-06, 08:41 PM
I do not want to see any of them jackass's runing around here in Utah. They are enough trouble here as it is. The damn tree huggers, bunney huggers and anti gun nut demmos are a threatined bunch here in the west anyway. There is a town here in southeren Utah where the city pased a law that everyone must own a gun. The logers in this country are just about a thing of the past. We have big humongus stands of dead pine tress on our mountains and they sit there and rott. Why, becouse them damn jackass's have had control in the past. Which language should we learn to speak now? I could go on and on but I' going to dig some holes for my guns. I will only have cheap guns on hand so they can take them away. Just like they did to the good people of Vietnam.

Jefferson said, “The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” He didn’t say ‘if’ they try and take the guns; he knew this was inevitable. One thing’s definite, the day an attempt is made to confiscate American’s guns, is the day all hell breaks loose!

The reason this Amendment was so important as to be second only to freedom of speech was explained by Jefferson, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

SF
10th

Obelisk
11-08-06, 09:54 PM
Some food for thought:

In the Virginia race, the Democratic challenger, Webb, is a Marine who was in Vietnam *and* a former Secretary of the Navy *and* a former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs. (source: http://www.webbforsenate.com/biography/).

Just making the point that sometimes a vote for a Dem isn't a vote against the military.

I'm from Virginia, and I'm glad Webb won.

yellowwing
11-08-06, 11:50 PM
We've had Democratic majorities before. They didn't repeal the Second Amendment then.

Its those scare tactics still getting to people. Like Bin Laden is going to make all American women wear Burkas if the Democrats win. The funniest one, they planted on the winshields outside of a West Virginia church revival, "Democrats Want to Ban The Bible!" :banana:

10thzodiac
11-09-06, 08:44 AM
We've had Democratic majorities before. They didn't repeal the Second Amendment then.

Its those scare tactics still getting to people. Like Bin Laden is going to make all American women wear Burkas if the Democrats win. The funniest one, they planted on the winshields outside of a West Virginia church revival, "Democrats Want to Ban The Bible!" :banana:

Indeed, the spirit of the present administration has been captured perfectly by one of America's most honored military leaders: "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear--kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor--with the cry of grave national emergency. There always has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it. . . . " (Douglas MacArthur)

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger". (Hermann Goering)

SF

10th

Osotogary
11-09-06, 09:04 AM
10th-
If you are anything, you are at least one of the best sources of quotation(s) I have ever known. I'd say that you are right up there with those tele-evangelists who can recite every piece of scripture in the Bible. LOL.
Thanks for the history lesson.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger". (Hermann Goering)

Sounds like your Basic Crowd Control 101 that, more or less with a few modifications, probably goes back to Sun Tsu.

6yrforMar
11-09-06, 10:05 AM
The majority conservative American voter voted for a change in the White House because of stagnation,corruption etc,the war in Iraq dragging on with no end in sight[BinLaden said Americans have no Patience for the long war on terror].I think if the Dems just layed on the BS to get back in power they better deliver now and I do not mean cut and run like Vietnam,or they will only last until 2008!

FistFu68
11-09-06, 11:09 AM
:usmc: WING~WHAT LEGISLATION? AND WHEN,WAS IT PASSED;WHEN THEY TOOK THE RIGHT OF LAW ABIDING CITIZEN'S, TO OWN HANDGUN'S;IN CANADA? THIS AIN'T CANADA!:usmc: :no:

jgorosco
11-09-06, 01:38 PM
I must say I am a Conservative but a frustrated Conservative. I am glad there was a change on the Hill. Now we can see if they can if the Democrats can Walk the Talk. I wonder what will happen with the ILLEGAL Immigration problem Now!

skiff
11-09-06, 01:57 PM
I must say I am a Conservative but a frustrated Conservative. I am glad there was a change on the Hill. Now we can see if they can if the Democrats can Walk the Talk. I wonder what will happen with the ILLEGAL Immigration problem Now!

What "Illegal Immigration Problem" ...???

Now that the Democrats control Congress, they don't see an "Immigration Problem", all they see is millions and milliions of future 'Democratic' voters...

Is this a wonderful country or what....!!!!!!

:beer: :beer: :nerd:

RLeon
11-09-06, 02:17 PM
:
No, but they pass laws that infringe on our second amendment rights, just ask any gun owner in California, esp. San Francisco.
But I think they learned their lesson after they passed the last AWB.

jgorosco
11-09-06, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot We Don't have an Illegal Immigrant problem. Sorry!! My mistake. Perdon a me!! Might as well assimilate to the New America.

6yrforMar
11-09-06, 02:58 PM
The new House And Senate are going to handle the illegal immigration problem the same way the Republicans did,cheap labor "They do Jobs Americans will not do"[what a croc] And 12 million new illegal voters.

FistFu68
11-09-06, 03:27 PM
:beer: LMAO~JGOROSCO~YOU'VE GOT YOU'R HEAD AND AZZ WIRED TOGETHER,MARINE :thumbup:

yellowwing
11-09-06, 04:34 PM
WING~WHAT LEGISLATION? AND WHEN,WAS IT PASSED;WHEN THEY TOOK THE RIGHT OF LAW ABIDING CITIZEN'S, TO OWN HANDGUN'S;IN CANADA? THIS AIN'T CANADA! :no:
So for the past six years the Republicans did not remedy these laws. Another case of "other priorities"? :banana:

FistFu68
11-09-06, 05:20 PM
:usmc: I'M SERIOUS WING,NOT TRYING TO BE A HARDAZZ;NOW DID THE NO-HANDGUN SITUATION COME ABOUT? WHEN WAS IT ENACTED? S/F MARINE!:iwo:

yellowwing
11-09-06, 06:40 PM
I really don't know how the laws came about. Its the same thing though, Canada changes govt leadership more often than the US. But whoever is in office never goes back to repeal the restictions that the previous leadership imposed on the citizens.

The short version of Canada Firearms Restrictions (http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/firearm_definitions_e.asp). Basically addressing the "Saturday Night Specials".

The longer version (http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/info_for-renseignement/factsheets/r&p_e.asp). Restricting rifles that can be modified to full auto, like commercial variants of the M-16 and AK-47. Plus restrictions on those really cool combat shotguns.

Every Marine is a born gun nut!

greensideout
11-09-06, 07:22 PM
So for the past six years the Republicans did not remedy these laws. Another case of "other priorities"? :banana:

The repubs let the assualt weapons ban (remember that dumb a$$ law by the dems) die on the vine. Let's see if the dems will now get out their water hose and hoe to try to bring it back to life. :evilgrin:

FistFu68
11-09-06, 08:15 PM
:usmc: THANK'S~WING,THE 411 WAS VERY HELPFULL! GUESS THAT RULES OUT ME BRINGING MY ALLEYSWEEPER ON MY NEXT,PIKE FISHING TRIP!(LOL) OH,IM AN INDEPENDANT;SO I REALLY DON'T GET TOO WORKED UP OVER THIS CHIT. HAVE A GOOD, NOV.10TH;MARINE & VETERAN'S DAY! S/F MARINE :beer: :iwo:

jinelson
11-09-06, 08:40 PM
The Democrats wasted no time getting 2007's new tax forms edited for the government printing office.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/24343-All-is-Fair-Right_w.jpg

RLeon
11-09-06, 11:54 PM
I really don't know how the laws came about. Its the same thing though, Canada changes govt leadership more often than the US. But whoever is in office never goes back to repeal the restictions that the previous leadership imposed on the citizens.

The short version of Canada Firearms Restrictions (http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/firearm_definitions_e.asp). Basically addressing the "Saturday Night Specials".

The longer version (http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/info_for-renseignement/factsheets/r&p_e.asp). Restricting rifles that can be modified to full auto, like commercial variants of the M-16 and AK-47. Plus restrictions on those really cool combat shotguns.

Every Marine is a born gun nut!
Wow, I just looked at the prohibited firearm list and all my rifles are illegal in Canada.
:sick:

ggyoung
11-10-06, 11:47 AM
Wing========Any rifle that will hold 2rounds or more can be made into a full auto. John M. Browning made the Winchester 94 lever action into a full auto. I have seen the pitchers of this and read how he done it. Now back to guns and the jackass's. Just got back from the big city after spending over $900.00 reloading stuff. Got to start geting ready.

rktect3j
11-10-06, 03:27 PM
Today is a good day in America......

if you are a terrorist.

Make sure you all have enough ammo for when it comes.

Hobson
11-10-06, 03:57 PM
The repubs let the assualt weapons ban (remember that dumb a$$ law by the dems) die on the vine. Let's see if the dems will now get out their water hose and hoe to try to bring it back to life. :evilgrin:

No offense to you corporal but I don't see how that is a dumb a$$ law. Why do civilians need assault rifles and assault weapons? What good could possibly come out of letting people buy ak-47's and m16's in gun stores.

S/F

greensideout
11-10-06, 04:54 PM
No offense to you corporal but I don't see how that is a dumb a$$ law. Why do civilians need assault rifles and assault weapons? What good could possibly come out of letting people buy ak-47's and m16's in gun stores.

S/F

I called it a dumb a$$ law because it was! No offense taken.

The law, as it was written covered mostly non-assault style weapons. What in fact is an assault weapon? You and I both know that it is an auto weapon. They are already covered with the class 3 lic. An example of the ban is the Ruger Mini 14 G model semi-auto with a flash supressor and folding stock. You could buy it without the flash supresser and a non-folding stock as the ranch model. Did that make it less lethal? Of course not. The law was made as a first step law for gun control in America and really had no other purpose. The law was not renewed and died.

OLE SARG
11-10-06, 04:54 PM
Time will tell on pelosi and her cut and run cowboys (dickhead durbin, jane kerry, swimmer kennedy, chuckie schumer, etc.). What a bunch of KOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

tkmac58
11-10-06, 06:20 PM

S/F
Does your average every day thug or scumbag buy there there AK or M16 at a sporting goods or gun store, get real. Most of them are purchased through black market, friends on the strett etc. Only us good guys buy our guns the lawful(some of the time). If I am going to have a need for some good heavy duty hardware to do harm or commit a crime I am definitely not going to Gart Brothers to buy my hardware. So what good is the law for us, we actually care, laws are made for good citizens not bad ones. So screw your gun laws. You say what good comes from them , my good, my right, my freedom. It isnt up to Ted Kennedy or any other lib to tell me. We have all sacrificed and fought for that. Fix the ****ed up people who break the law with live CNN .FOX TV executions and maybe they will have second thoughts about going crazy and killing innocent people.

2nd Amendment
OOHRAH

FistFu68
11-10-06, 06:54 PM
:evilgrin: HEY~'NOOKER~NOBODY EVER RAPED A~.45!!!:evilgrin:

ggyoung
11-10-06, 07:02 PM
TKMAC58========How right you are. Remember to dig the hols deep, for our guns. Damn I would like to get a 4.2 motars with say 1000 rounds also. S/F.

Dave Coup
11-10-06, 07:30 PM
Right on Top. The media never says a thing about crimes that are stopped in progress or prevented because an honest citizen has a firearm. The old liberal saying "When guns are oulawed only outlaws will have guns." is exactly right and we'll be at the mercy of outlaws. As for me they can take my gun out of my cold dead hand and not before.

Semper Fidelis

Dave

10thzodiac
11-10-06, 08:29 PM
About one in four U.S. Marines would be willing to fire upon American citizens in a government gun confiscation program, according to the results of a survey undertaken nearly a year ago at a Marine Corps base in southern California.

http://www.ssrsi.org/os1/BBStext/shootus.htm

ggyoung
11-10-06, 08:46 PM
That lives 3 Marines to kick his butt.

greensideout
11-10-06, 08:56 PM
About one in four U.S. Marines would be willing to fire upon American citizens in a government gun confiscation program, according to the results of a survey undertaken nearly a year ago at a Marine Corps base in southern California.

http://www.ssrsi.org/os1/BBStext/shootus.htm

That story is over 12 years old. It had many, including myself wondering why the question would be asked. We had already heard of opporation "gardenplot" and other spooky stuff of the 80's and 90's. This didn't settle well either. I'm not as worried about the 1 in 4 Marines as I would be about the 1 in 4 leadership at the top.

Hobson
11-11-06, 12:55 AM
Does your average every day thug or scumbag buy there there AK or M16 at a sporting goods or gun store, get real. Most of them are purchased through black market, friends on the strett etc. Only us good guys buy our guns the lawful(some of the time). If I am going to have a need for some good heavy duty hardware to do harm or commit a crime I am definitely not going to Gart Brothers to buy my hardware. So what good is the law for us, we actually care, laws are made for good citizens not bad ones. So screw your gun laws. You say what good comes from them , my good, my right, my freedom. It isnt up to Ted Kennedy or any other lib to tell me. We have all sacrificed and fought for that. Fix the ****ed up people who break the law with live CNN .FOX TV executions and maybe they will have second thoughts about going crazy and killing innocent people.

2nd Amendment
OOHRAH

With all due respect MSGT, how do you think the guns get onto the black market? I could assume that they are purchased in gun stores by law abidiing citizens then stolen by thugs out of the house and/or stolen straight from the gun stores. I still do not see a good use that assault rifles serve to any civilian who decides he should use a m16 for house hold protection. A pistol serves much better.

It's not taking away your rights MSGT, it's common sense, civilians do not need and unless we have another civil war, will never need those huge rifles. Us military folk use those rifles to protect them. I totally agree with the 2nd Amendment, and appreciate our right to bear arms but there are other issues that are infringing on that other than this assault rifles ban. I.E. Concealed weapons permits.

Semper Fi, MSGT.

yellowwing
11-11-06, 05:46 AM
2nd Amendment. My interpretation, my father's interpretation, and my grandfathers interpretation. We know back in those days, American History really was a precise and demanded course of general education for anyone of age.

My interpretation if what was taught to me was that the framers of our Constitution primarily did not want a Tyrant to rise from the American Populace. They did whatever they could not to allow a Tyrant.

They instilled a system of checks and balances. To me the ultimate Peoples checks and balances is the 2nd Amendment. Ben Franklin and Co. wrote that "we did our best to lay out a benevolent government. If we have failed then the 2nd Amendment will allow citizens to oppose tyranny."

So yes, a SKS or AR-15 should be allowed. They would be effective arms against the boot of a tyrant.

Zulu 36
11-11-06, 06:19 AM
Think about why liberals (aka: Communists in disguise) try so hard to restrict guns.

As Yellowwing correctly implied, only the tyrant fears an armed population. Hence the reason the liberals are trying to kill the Second Amendment. If it was honestly just about people getting hurt and killed by guns, then motor vehicles would be legislated out of existence too for the same reason. Excepting the elite, of course.

As a retired police officer and firearms instructor, I have never had a problem with law abiding citizens owning firearms. Period. Criminals with guns or who use guns should be hammered, not honest citizens. That was always my guiding policy on the street as a beat cop and as a supervisor.

rktect3j
11-11-06, 07:11 AM

S/F

This post is exactly why I bought mine about a month ago. Now I need to stock up on ammo before they try to ban that.

rktect3j
11-11-06, 07:19 AM

S/F
Here is why it is a dumb a$$ law. I live in Illinois in Cook county. On our balot they asked three questions. The worst of them was this: "For the safety and wellfare of our children, should we ban assault type rifles?" So in regards to this question my answer is this. 90% of the time when there is a shooting at a school or on the street it is being done by some uneducated nut using (and I want you to answer this)

a. fully automatic machine guns.
b. shotguns
c. pistols

The correct answer is (c). Pistols. But the leftists have used their fear campaign to push a ban on rifles instead of the guns most nuts are carrying around in their backbacks.

Why? Cuz they know there is no way a ban on pistols will ever occur. We just will not give them up so they go after our rifles instead while making sure the people are stupid enough to buy into it. Either way we have freedoms in this country and one of them allows me to own guns.

10thzodiac
11-11-06, 09:20 AM

S/F

The reason the 2nd Amendment is so important as to be second only to freedom of speech was explained by Jefferson, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

Now where's the gunshttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/12.gif

SF
10thzodiac

ggyoung
11-11-06, 12:25 PM
Hobson===============Have you ever been in a country that the people can not have a gun to protect there familey and there homes? I really don't think you have. I have and every combat vetren has. Every war we ( the U.S.) have been the little guys, the locale(sp) people guns were out lawed. Ever DAMN ONE!!!! We do not want that to happen in the good old U.S.A.

Hobson
11-11-06, 12:40 PM
I guess this is the wrong place to even mention gun lawns, I do not want to debate this with all of the people on these boards as I respect all of you as brothers. I just know that my best friend was shot to death on my lawn in a drive by shooting with an ak-47. That's why I take it kinda personal.

Semper Fi

10thzodiac
11-11-06, 09:18 PM
Years ago, on television locally, it was reported a single mother was killed in her apartment. The neighbor had to tell her grade school daughter when she came home from school, that her mother was dead. The neighbor said, he was against gun ownership until then.

Nobody should own a gun except me !
SF
10th

Ladderwell
11-12-06, 07:58 PM
ridingcrops,

Thank you for your wise words and well-researched input. With any luck, it is the beginning of the beginning of the salvation of our country, and impact the millions of lives that are due be lost over the centuries to come caused by our poor leadership and poorly-informed citizenry supporting that leadership.

God bless you and the Democratic congress as they try to begin the clean-up of one of the worst messes ever imposed on mankind. It's going to take a very long time to put the unleashed genie back in the bottle. In the meanwhile, we unfortunately need to keep the supplies of both civilian and military bodybags well stocked.

Perhaps in addition to working on the Iraq mess, we can now increase our focus on the real enemies, terrorism and ignorance, all of which has increased ten-thousand fold because of our poor leaders and their supporters.
Ladderwell
Semper Fidelis :=)

10thzodiac
11-12-06, 09:12 PM
ridingcrops,

I second that, very good post. I'll buy a car from you any day http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

10thzodiac

RLeon
11-13-06, 01:50 AM
Honestly, if their was a way we could un-invent guns and eradicate them for ever I would be the first in line...but that's never going to happen.
So buy it cheap and stack it deep fellas...clear front site, center mass, 2 to the body, one to the head and all that good stuff.

tripledog
11-13-06, 08:20 AM
Being a good conservative and a republican, I must admit that I was and am tired of the politics in America under the republication regime. I was and am tired of nothing being done about the problems facing america. If the republicans had used their "power" to exercise control over these problmes, I believe they would still be in power. They let us down. They refused to address Immigration, welfare, wages, taxes that are fair, military pay and benefits, foreign views and affairs. They refused to see that americans should come first. They let us down. They have no feelings of duty, liabillity and determination. They only care about their own wallets at the expense of true americans.
Do I look forward to Dems control? Good question and it is still a questiion in my mind. I think that the next two years will determine the future of america for a long time. Can the dems be americans first and not liars, thieves and hard asses? We got two years to find out. If the dems will consider americans first and do the necessary things to make america a better place for its citizens, then they will continue to lead.
Can the republicans change its priorities to the people instead of themselves?
The next two years will show us the answer.
Yes, I have to admit that I was and am ready for a change. However, the only change I am interested in is whats best for america and its citizens.
I'm tired of supporting people and ideas that are contrary to My America , the one I gave part of my life to protect and enhance freedom for all. I'm tired of all the bs about sexual problems, money stealing, vote selling, disrespect of the military, disrespect of our leaders, disrespect of our laws, the downfall of christainity, disrespect of our core values and beliefs that all our forefathers and ancestors taught, instilled and believed in.
I'm sick of the non working , non supportive, belligerent citizens of america, demanding and EXPECTING a free ride.
It's time the working family man got a fair shake in pay, respect and dedication to the "american way" as it has been for the existence of america, time for respect for our laws, our mililtary, our police and christian services. It's time to pull in the fences, man the gusto of true americans and get the dirty jobs done.

I guess I just said, It's time for a good change, not just faces on the same thing we have had.

OLE SARG
11-13-06, 08:24 AM
In about six months, everyone's going to say "What in the hell happened". Just wait until "california ways pelosi" and her crew of misfits start handing out "their kind of government".
We don't need checks and balances on Bush, we need the ******* Congress to get off their asses, take less recesses, and DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

rb1651
11-13-06, 09:33 AM
We don't need checks and balances on Bush, we need the ******* Congress to get off their asses, take less recesses, and DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

And in a nutshell, that says it all!!! :thumbup:

FistFu68
11-13-06, 12:05 PM
:evilgrin: WISH IN ONE HAND,AND CHIT IN THE OTHER HAND;SEE WHICH ONE GET'S FULL FIRST? :iwo:

ggyoung
11-13-06, 12:08 PM
OLE SARG and rb1651=============Very good. What I can't understand is how do the jackasses get GOD into there thoughts? How does that happen?

10thzodiac
11-13-06, 09:10 PM
Maybe the problem is rudimentary, why would anyone spend millions on a job that only paid a couple hundred thousand ?

Until we remedy that issue, it will be business as usual until the next peacefully as possible revolution with the minimum of bloodshed required.

SF
10th

6yrforMar
11-14-06, 01:34 AM
Their only in office a few days and already calling for troop reductions,setting up timetables.Iguess they want to show the world and Al Queda that they mean business and don`t give a rats ass about about Americas integrity or security!Here we go again Vietnam all over again [but the viet cong stayed in vietnam when we left] Al Queda and Co.will follow us when we leave a defeated Iraq.DO YOU THINK WE HAVE POLITICAL PROBLEMS NOW,JUST WAit A LIITLE BIT LONGER.