PDA

View Full Version : What are Your Plans for the Marine Corps Birthday?

thedrifter
11-07-06, 08:55 AM
Mark and I are going to Spanky's Bar and Grill to have dinner, before the Ceremony takes place...

Some of us are bringing a covered dish.
I'm making homemade meatballs with italian sausage..;)

Our oldest Marine is Capt. Pete..WWII Veteran

Ellie

thedrifter
11-07-06, 09:01 AM
Rumor around town is a few Marines are on a diet till Friday..;) :D

Happy Birthday Marines!

Ellie

killerinstinct
11-07-06, 12:45 PM
Personally i'll be in a bar celebrating with a pitcher of beer and some good friends just like 231 years ago. :beer: :beer:

lucien2
11-08-06, 06:55 AM
Marine buddies coming to the house, drinks, food and a cake cutting ceremony with an NCO Sword.

Osotogary
11-08-06, 08:06 AM
I'll be calling my Marine son and wishing him the very best of Marine Corps birthdays.

maverickmarine
11-08-06, 11:47 AM
yeah, I'm having people over to the house to hoist a few. I will be the only Marine on deck since everyone else will be out of town but the other services will be represented and of course bowing down and honoring the fact that the Marine Corps has been kicking ass for 231 years!!!!

Eric Hood
11-09-06, 08:32 AM
I will be thinking of all Marines past and present. I will be grateful for living in the greatest country in the world and having had the great fortune of having served in the World's Finest Fighting Force; The United States Marine Corps---OOH-RAH!!!

P.S.--I will also remind anyone within earshot of the importance of the day!

sgtrock1970
11-09-06, 08:49 AM
If you're in the Kansas City area, the Lenexa Police Dept. (suburb of Kansas City) has a Marine Corps Birthday Breakfast that I have been going to for quite a few years. ALL MARINES ARE INVITED. The breakfast has gotten so big they've moved from the Police Dept. to the Lenexa Community Center At 13420 Oak, Lenexa Kansas at 0700 hours. Then after work a small cermoney at work with the Marines there and then to VFW Post 6654, Desoto Kansas with a bunch of old warhorses who suck on beer, Jarhead Red and tell lies, but it's still all good. SF

ringoffire
11-10-06, 10:01 AM
Don't know what we are doing....The Husband was gone for his Ball and he's in town for the weekend.

TheReverend
11-10-06, 10:13 AM
I get to work the night shift patroling......

chafas2531
11-10-06, 11:50 AM
:marine: I will be attendiing our Ball for the Heart O' Texas Marines at the VFW, New Braunfels, Texas. Any Marine is welcome! Happy Birthday Marines and especially to our Marines overseas!
SEMPER FIDELIS!:iwo:
A Heart O' Texas Marine,
ben

skiff
11-10-06, 12:36 PM
The 7 of us (me and a 6-pak of Abita Amber) will have a small celebration here in the Louisiana 'outback'...

Just moved here and haven't linked up with any veterans organizations yet...

Semper-Fi

Cpl Skiffington, USMC, 1957-61

:beer: :beer: :nerd:

SgtHopperUSMC
11-10-06, 03:10 PM
Man I sure miss being there, but I am celebrating as well as I can. I am working in a Federal Prison. I have had some inmates tell me happy birthday though:D Once a Marine always a Marine. Happy Birthday!!!

Doc Crow
11-10-06, 04:50 PM
I wish someone in the Phoenix area had a Ball. Sure would be nice to attend one again

Future-USMC-LT
11-10-06, 10:43 PM
My Reserve unit had the ball on South Padre Island last Saturday. Today my synagogue was having a special Veteran's Day sabbath service, so I wore my dress blues and helped with posting the colors.